Thread: Caitlin's First Fish

Caitlin's First Fish

Hi

Here is my daughter's first fish, caught on our recent holiday to Maroochydore. Although Mummy helped Cailtin did wind the handle.

Hopefully the first of many.

Regards

Chris

Re: Caitlin's First Fish

Gotta love the first fish

Good work.
    I Fish, I catch, I SNAG

Great stuff mate! Priceless photo...she'll always remember that moment, and even better you got it on camera. She's looking up at it in wonderment...let's hope it catalyses a long fishing career! Thanks for sharing.
    cuzza

Good job, I see the red tubing before the hook. Do you believe it actually helps with catching more fish? I am yet to try it. Next thing your daughter will want to come chasing those big lizards like that one in your Avatar

Tom

Thanks guys.I am a very proud dad. She was a bit scared at first and did keep her distance from the fish. I don't think either of them realised the fish was on as it swam toward them.

I am also working on her off spinners in the back yard.

Tom. I like using the red tubing when bait fishing the estuaries and also in the surf for whiting and dart. I think it adds an additional attractant. I also think it may stop a bit of line chaffing if a bream or flathead swallow the hook.

I think the biggest improvement in catch rates has been from switching from mono to flourocarbon for the trace.

Cheers

Chris

yaaaay Caitlin!!!!...good girl!!! and good on you both Mum and Dad

Mrs Benno1
    Sunny

haha.
    look at her face looking at the fish
    she looks very proud
    good on her
    Cheers