Thread: Save Our Bay Rally 28th February 2009

Exclamation Save Our Bay Rally 28th February 2009

A car & boat rally is being held in Brisbane on Saturday 28th February 2009

This is a "MUST” attend event. Every fisherperson needs to know about this rally ! If everybody does nothing - nothing will be done !

Why attend ?

Simple, closing fishing areas is not going to fix the sustainability problem with Moreton Bay. The EPA has approved 15% of the dugong sea grass beds to be dredged for the airport extension and the pollution running into the Bay has not decreased but increased….yet they blame us for their mistakes. Recreational anglers are part of the solution, not the problem! So come make your voice heard.

The meeting point will be located on Lavarack Ave in Eagle Farm where we will proceed through the City and onto Colmslie for a BBQ in the park for those that want to catch up for a yarn and feed.

We will be mustering at 9:30am and departing at 10am Sharp

This is a great opportunity to show the strength, unity and resolve of the recreational Fisher Folk of Moreton Bay and SEQ. Recreational fisherman are part of the solution, not the problem ! It’s now up to you !

The full PDF file and route map can be downloaded from the SOBA webiste. Unfortunatley it's to large to post here.
    If anyone wants the PDF file emailed to them to print off and distribute then send me a PM

Re: Save Our Bay Rally 28th February 2009

Just a quick post re: Chris's interview on Nova this morning, Well said Chris unfourtunatly 60 sec is not enought time but godd representation all the same!!!

I wish there was more said about the airport exstention to put things into perspective although Michelle briefly eluded to the removal of sand.

I recall in all the previous meets they never discussed the pollution when asked the focus was more focused on the impact of fisheries from both commercial and ameture.
    Again good rap Chris.

Mick

Re: Save Our Bay Rally 28th February 2009

yeah i heard the interview also - whilst I am obviously biased, I genuinely think Chris gave a better account of our side than Simon Baltais did.

it didn't help though, that seriously biased Mechelle, sprouted unfounded comments and emotive rubbish to back the greenies. especially when she attacked out of hand your comments about mangrove development as one major factor in the removal of fish spawning nursery habitats. lucky she was pulled up on that by Ashley i think it was...

anyway - message got across well and I think Chris spoke well and gave a good account of the situation.

well done.