Thread: t'ville king tide!

t'ville king tide!

scott (fnqcairns),
    went down to palleranda boat ramp this morning & took a pic of the king tide.
    there is always a beach? somewhere. 90% of the time i have to drive off the ramp & across some sand to launch the boat. the 3mtr steel stinger net... well not much of that left! was going to go to ross river boat ramp but did not want to take the vx through saltwater laying on the streets as you drive in.

ron.
    reels screamin aboard Hyper- Active

Re: t'ville king tide!

Thanks Ron, thought you might have had water up over the grass and all, still it looks high judging by the rubbish above the strand line the highest it's been for a while.

He he, how about a couple of comparison pics of the 0.15m low at 3.25am tomorrow morning

cheers Scott

Found this pic in the online version of the Townsville Bully, it's of the breakwater on Saturday when the tide was 3.85m

Adrian

Here are some others I came across, fair bit of flow in the bottom ones and a whirlpool in the Mpeg4

http://media.slawed.net/?type=/king%20tide

cheers fnq

fnq cairns,
    them last 2 are on the way to palleranda, it runs under the road(3 mile creek).
    seen that yesterday on my way down there. you now see why i did not want to go to the boat ramp down ross river the roads around that way would have been under with saltwater! today it's raining with strong wind, i reckon that the breakwall would have waves breaking over. that sign at the coastgaurd ramp tells you that's the end of the ramp!

ron.

That sign is funny!, have visited that ramp before so I can relate, crossing salt water and cars is just not worth the future dramas. looks like we both may end up getting wetter, have seen on the weather station in the back yard 281mm in the last 24h but only the last 14hours rained.

cheers fnq

If you get onto the Townsville Bully website there are some awesome photos of picnic bay jetty & the rockpool

Adrian

With all the flood activity around and fresh water, does it shut the fishing down completely for small boat fisho's.

Just got a tinny and my brother has come up for a couple days and is keen to get out of the water and catch a couple.

Cheers

i reckon the best time to go is after a good wet, so much bait out in the bays.
    are you in t'ville?

ron.

Hi Ron,

Yeah I live here in Townsville.

Just went down the Ross and tried for a few prawns, there are a few about but my cast net skills are not too good.

Hope to get out there over the week end if the weather co operates.

Cheers Eamon

eamon,
    where abouts are you heading?

ron.

I don't know where to head Ron, that is my problem....