Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: sea kittens?!?! PETA latest campaign

Re: sea kittens?!?! PETA latest campaign

Internet is a wonderful thing: Peta, 300 plus emplyees
    Peta co-founder is Ingrid Newkirk, on an HBO special as they state in their promo on it

Beneath the surface of an intensely dedicated activist, Galkin unveils a pragmatic loner who abhors romantic relationships because she can't commit the time, and a childless 58-year-old who decided to undergo sterilization in her 20s because she felt having children was selfish, given so many orphans in the world. And her will mandates that her body parts be barbecued to remind others of what it is like to roast animal flesh.

Her Will in detail

While the final decision as to the use of my body remains with PETA, I make the following suggested directions:

a. That the “meat” of my body, or a portion thereof, be used for a human barbecue, to remind the world that the meat of a corpse is all flesh, regardless of whether it comes from a human being or another animal, and that flesh foods are not needed;

b. That my skin, or a portion thereof, be removed and made into leather products, such as purses, to remind the world that human skin and the skin of other animals is the same and that neither is “fabric” nor needed, and that some skin be tacked up outside the Indian Leather Fair each year to serve as a reminder of the government’s need to abate the suffering of Indian bullocks who, after a life of extreme and involuntary servitude, as I have seen firsthand, are exported all over the world in this form;…

d. That one of my eyes be removed, mounted, and delivered to the administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as a reminder that PETA will continue to be watching the agency until it stops poisoning and torturing animals in useless and cruel experiments; that the other is to be used as PETA sees fit;

I thought a will had to be of sound mind??? anyway lets move on,

ps Willie nelson, Paul McCartney and Kevin Bacon, Moby and Dalai Lama write for her books

Some answers from Time readers questions, a parody, cant be real can they?:

Q: Do you ever feel that some of PETA’s more extremist actions have hurt your cause rather than aiding it by alienating a potentially receptive public?

Ingrid answers: I get this question a lot, but I think you’re just looking at it wrong. If some people can’t appreciate the hilarity of comparing the Nazi Holocaust to a chicken farm, I don’t think we need their help. What kind of sick human would value his own family more than a chicken, anyway?

Q: Animals kill each other in the wild. It’s how nature works. As the most evolved of all the animals, why shouldn't we exercise the same privilege?

Ingrid answers: How dare you suggest that humans are the most evolved animals! What basis could you possibly have for that sort of speciesist bigotry? Besides, everyone knows that bunny rabbits are far ahead of us technologically.

Q: Isn’t mass arson to university [animal research] labs far more of a travesty than eating a chicken?

Ingrid answers: Heck no.The animal rights movement has been warning research scientists for decades that we’re coming after them, their families, and their universities. They’ve had plenty of warnings. On the other hand, the chicken never sees the axe coming, poor thing.

AND FINALLY:

Q: You have stated in the past that you wish your body to be turned into nuggets and eaten after your death. Is there a particular reason for this? Will there be a signup list?

Ingrid answers: I don’t care as long as the dipping sauce is vegan. And there is already a signup list. I think the Center for Consumer Freedom snagged the first spot.

Clearly she doesnt like tartare sauce??
    Mike
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzer View Post
    At least the media is calling it as it is, - idiotic.

From the Daily Telegraph -

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001021,00.html

The PETA celebrities link on this site is more than worth a look

You know mate, the day day I find it hard to justify the nudity of celebrities with any cause is the day I find it hard to justify any cause. Christ I'm drunk............... What time is it???????????????
    Goodnight everyone And in the speak of young folk... c u 2 morowStrawberry dacquiries can kill(never mind the str8 bourbon)AAAaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh

The sooner we forget about pate'

and switch to SOBA the better we are

Quote Originally Posted by Aigutso View Post
    Internet is a wonderful thing: Peta, 300 plus emplyees
    Peta co-founder is Ingrid Newkirk, on an HBO special as they state in their promo on it

Beneath the surface of an intensely dedicated activist, Galkin unveils a pragmatic loner who abhors romantic relationships because she can't commit the time, and a childless 58-year-old who decided to undergo sterilization in her 20s because she felt having children was selfish, given so many orphans in the world. And her will mandates that her body parts be barbecued to remind others of what it is like to roast animal flesh.

Her Will in detail

While the final decision as to the use of my body remains with PETA, I make the following suggested directions:

a. That the “meat” of my body, or a portion thereof, be used for a human barbecue, to remind the world that the meat of a corpse is all flesh, regardless of whether it comes from a human being or another animal, and that flesh foods are not needed;

b. That my skin, or a portion thereof, be removed and made into leather products, such as purses, to remind the world that human skin and the skin of other animals is the same and that neither is “fabric” nor needed, and that some skin be tacked up outside the Indian Leather Fair each year to serve as a reminder of the government’s need to abate the suffering of Indian bullocks who, after a life of extreme and involuntary servitude, as I have seen firsthand, are exported all over the world in this form;…

d. That one of my eyes be removed, mounted, and delivered to the administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as a reminder that PETA will continue to be watching the agency until it stops poisoning and torturing animals in useless and cruel experiments; that the other is to be used as PETA sees fit;

I thought a will had to be of sound mind??? anyway lets move on,

ps Willie nelson, Paul McCartney and Kevin Bacon, Moby and Dalai Lama write for her books

Some answers from Time readers questions, a parody, cant be real can they?:

Q: Do you ever feel that some of PETA’s more extremist actions have hurt your cause rather than aiding it by alienating a potentially receptive public?

Ingrid answers: I get this question a lot, but I think you’re just looking at it wrong. If some people can’t appreciate the hilarity of comparing the Nazi Holocaust to a chicken farm, I don’t think we need their help. What kind of sick human would value his own family more than a chicken, anyway?

Q: Animals kill each other in the wild. It’s how nature works. As the most evolved of all the animals, why shouldn't we exercise the same privilege?

Ingrid answers: How dare you suggest that humans are the most evolved animals! What basis could you possibly have for that sort of speciesist bigotry? Besides, everyone knows that bunny rabbits are far ahead of us technologically.

Q: Isn’t mass arson to university [animal research] labs far more of a travesty than eating a chicken?

Ingrid answers: Heck no.The animal rights movement has been warning research scientists for decades that we’re coming after them, their families, and their universities. They’ve had plenty of warnings. On the other hand, the chicken never sees the axe coming, poor thing.

AND FINALLY:

Q: You have stated in the past that you wish your body to be turned into nuggets and eaten after your death. Is there a particular reason for this? Will there be a signup list?

Ingrid answers: I don’t care as long as the dipping sauce is vegan. And there is already a signup list. I think the Center for Consumer Freedom snagged the first spot.

Clearly she doesnt like tartare sauce??
    Mike
    So is this bitch going to be grain fed for a few months before her ultimate demise? If so I'll have a crack at some nuggets. If not then she's just pet food!!

i did have crack at getting to the site but my user name of fishkiller may have raised sonme suspicions Try again later. C u
    Forgive my outburst but I have a pain in my teeth that my dentist couldn't help with so I'm going to see my local bunny doctor who is so much more technologically advanced than us meer humans
    The only consolation is that it is a big world and we can just fit in all the nutbag's whether they be cashew or pistachhio........Good Night all

Terry.....................

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzer View Post

The PETA celebrities link on this site is more than worth a look

After viewing this and carefull consideration, I might just join up.

NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by therapy View Post
    So is this bitch going to be grain fed for a few months before her ultimate demise? If so I'll have a crack at some nuggets. If not then she's just pet food!!
    G'day

Thankyou Terry, PMSL That's the best i've heard for a while from here

By the way, her will and answers to the magazine are down right disturbing....

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by zigfreed View Post
    For more utter crap check this out

http://www.peta.org/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=1
    Thank mate thats comedy gold.I just spent the most entertaining hour of this year so far reading their forums.
    here is a pearler about vego dogs :http://www.peta.org/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12582
    George
    Last edited by manchild; 10-01-2009 at 07:10 PM.
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryan View Post
    Pinhead - I like that idea of yours......maybe if we knew someone who could animate that we could make a viral video for you tube and the like.
    yes Chris...it could be quite funny if we knew someone that did ANIMATION.
    They could possibly even have some LIQUID in it...but I guess we are out of luck.

I even have a backing tune for it...Frank Zapper's...Call on Any Vegetable

Love the song choice Greg. I wonder if the ANIMATION people could do it? I guess it would take some gutso to come up with something.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Already done.

rod
    My dictionary defines green as ‘unripe, immature, undeveloped'. Perfect description.

Most political parties are seen as interested in what the voters think, the Greens are seen as thinking the community should be interested in what they think.

Well, I decided to practice Catch-and-Release, caught a stray kitten in my backyard and released it just off Peel. Last saw it swimming towards Straddie. Go, Kitty, Go!
    Cheers
    Disclaimer ... I didn't want to put this post up but you guys made me.

Thanks for the link Rod, I am still chuckling..........too funny.
    Cheers,
    Chris

the Peta forums are well self explanatory

on a thread about fishing one member stated:

I agree,People always assume fish have no feelings, but they have obviously never seen fish socialize and love one another. We need to make them realize that swimming around and eating and mating is not what fish do.

enough said lol

mike
    Tangles KFC

Oh Mike you are such a big meanie....didn't you know that Sea Kittens have families too...

[quote=Aigutso;952188]Internet is a wonderful thing: Peta, 300 plus emplyees

Beneath the surface of an intensely dedicated activist, Galkin unveils a pragmatic loner who abhors romantic relationships because she can't commit the time, and a childless 58-year-old who decided to undergo sterilization in her 20s because she felt having children was selfish, given so many orphans in the world.
    [unquote]

Thank gawd she got herself sterilized is all I can say. What a fruit cake!!

GES