Thread: Lennox Heads _ Cape Byron Marine Park

Lennox Heads _ Cape Byron Marine Park

Hi All
    I just came back yesterday from Lennox Heads for a spot of R&R. Had a real relaxing time with the family.
    Opened my eyes to the extent a Marine Park can get to though.
    Check out the ‘Cape Byron Marine Park’, www.mpa.nsw.gov.au
    Note the disclaimer “... This brochure provides a plain English guide ... and should not be used for legal interpretation ... No warranty is given that this guide is free from error and omissions. This publication should not be used as an aid in determining whether an activity is safe to perform ...”.
    I can’t find on the MPA brochure, I picked up at Dave’s bait and Tackle, Ballina (who was very helpful), whether the GPS points are GDA or otherwise. How’s a visitor got a hope in hell of working this out if he hasn’t got internet access?
    I used to fish the Julians and surrounds with my father-in-law who saw the light and since moved to Tweed Heads. My wife is a (Byron) Bay local and we even got married there, so although I only spent every weekend there, I have met local legends like Mono.
    Haven’t been there for 10 years, since the in-laws moved, what an eye opener. Why would you bother having a boat if you lived between Brunswick and Lennox. Even fishing off the beach, I couldn’t find one local that could tell me where the ‘Bream Hole’ was, so I could fish safely off the beach without being pinched.
    You can’t park anywhere near the Main Beach of the ‘Bay’ for more than 2 hours and the roads haven’t had anything done to them for 20 years , I dare say low priorities for a ‘Green’ Council.
    A warning of things to come here, if we don’t act now.
    A timely reminder for Moreton Bay users, check out SOBA and get involved.
    Cheers
    PS _ But off the beach, good average Bream and Whiting in the gutter at the Lennox Surf Club.
    Last edited by castlemaine; 21-12-2008 at 06:22 PM. Reason: gramma

Re: Lennox Heads _ Cape Byron Marine Park

Yeh Mate
    There planning something similar for the Tweed as well
    From what I hear its virtually a strait line out from the Tweed bar and out to the back of Nine mile and about 8Klms south then back to the beach and fair chunk of reef area that will be out of bounds for fishing
    Cheers Willo

Hey fellas, dont be suprized if they run it all the way south to join up to the cape Byron park east of Brunswick! They are a bunch of greeny sucking morons that have absolutly NO idea!

Cheers
    "May your ratchet keep screamin"
    www.ausfish.com.au/bpc

Hey Mono
    Do the Morons have anything planned for the brunswick area ??
    Not sure but think they have a piece of ground ear marked down there somwhere?
    Cheers Willo

Yeh Willo, I know for a fact that they have checked the bottom structure all the way to the Tweed.
    Honestly, dont be suprized if they draw a straight line 3 miles east of tweed then straight down the coast to join the Cape byron park 3 miles east of Bruns.
    The mind shudders but these mongrels will not be happy until they get it all locked up for future generations to read about in a book or pay big money and go for a dive with one of the licenced dive companies!!
    Gives me the shits just thinking about it- get me another Jim Beam!

Cheers
    "May your ratchet keep screamin"
    www.ausfish.com.au/bpc