Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making good burley cheap

Re: Making good burley cheap

I mix bread crumbs or just bread in with old pillies.I don't use tuna oil anymore it seems to attract too many sharks I do better without it.

Quote Originally Posted by preso View Post
    I use an old meat grinder. I find that I can put all old scrap, heads, skins, frames etc through it no problems. Add some oil, prawn heads anything and freeze. Works a treat .

I have an old Meat grinder and cant get prawn shells or heads thru it. It is the type with the wing nut on the end that holds the grinding screw in. I dont like to use the heads whole because i dont wanna feed the fish i wanna eat.

Some great ideas here, good work boys.

Blista
    Blista

OMG, I dont want to loose my Sarca anchor cost me $200

Bought myself Tuna oil today, its bloody expensive, so Im not going to go apeshit withe stuff. I offset the price with a $6 burley bucket classified as "Premium". Its like 2 slotted buckets in one, the idea is you turn the inner bucket to control the flow! I will send it down the anchor in the next 2 days to see if my new concoction of burkley will help me land the big one.

For those of you that dont know, I just lost a big one see thread The Fish that got away http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=142442 so I need all the help I can get.

Thanks again.

I'll post burley results in this thread.

The food processor is the best thing for prawn shells and heads.....with a bit of water it smashes em up real fine.... like pate.....add some stale gread crusts or moistened chook pelets to extend it a bit.

cheers

youre pm box is full kzrocky

I am sure a few years back some blokes got towed around the mouth of the brissy river by a big noah cause they had a burley bucket attatched to the anchor, think it made the paper or news, some great ideas lads but I am not real keen on the anchor idea, besides there are some hungry BIG sharks out there at times and I wouldnt like to lose an anchor for the sake of a few fish either....

Quote Originally Posted by JayT View Post
    I am sure a few years back some blokes got towed around the mouth of the brissy river by a big noah cause they had a burley bucket attatched to the anchor, think it made the paper or news, some great ideas lads but I am not real keen on the anchor idea, besides there are some hungry BIG sharks out there at times and I wouldnt like to lose an anchor for the sake of a few fish either....
    That would have been wild
    We use small zippy ties with the 3 litre jiuce containers as they have a thin plastic handle that we zippy tie it at the end of the chain to where the rope a jions so if a noah grabs it .....it doesn't take long to pull off
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

If you are wanting to do bigger batches of berley then an old garden mulcher is the go.

See here: http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=87982

- Darren

Mr Bean how did you go with your sharking? Leigh

I make wet paste burley and freeze it in those 3 litre juice bottles and hang it upside down just above the water on the shady side . The rocking of the boat dips the opening of the bottle in the water regularly,This allows slow release rate and you get a nice steady dribble of burley for hours. Add sand to the paste before freezing for better sink rate.
    Works for me,

Bezerk!

Man you are the burley KING

Quote Originally Posted by Mr__Bean View Post
    If you are wanting to do bigger batches of berley then an old garden mulcher is the go.

See here: http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=87982

- Darren

First i collect plastic soft drink bottles 1.25lt or 2.0lt cut them in half or a little less and throw the top half away. Go to the fruit shop and get a couple of onion bags. I also have 1 of those car care buckets the ones that have some car wash, polish etc. all plastic and have a tight lid. Use about a 3/4 to 1" hole saw and hole the bucket not the lid.
    The burley, i start with chook pellets in a bucket and dampen them with water so just soften them. Mix in any old bait or a few cans of cheap cat food, the black and gold or home brand at around $1 a can cheap as. I do add a little tuna oil and give it all a good mix and stirr. Now pack the drink bottle bases and freeze them.
    I drop one in and onion bag each side of the boat, or put 1 or 2 in the car care plastic bottle with a weight and lower it to the desired depth.
    Mark