Thread: Best Wahoo

Smile Best Wahoo

Hi Fellow fishers. This is my best Wahoo. Now this one i did weigh. We caught 6 that arvo. Dropped another one this size at the end of it's second run. It nearly spolled a TLD 30 with 50lb. But this one was caught on a TLD 50. No chance of getting spolled. Anyway it went 32kg. The rest were around the 15kg mark. I have video footage which i will get around to posting one day. Alot of swearing on it. Let's hope this season is better than last years.

Happydays

Re: Best Wahoo

bloody hell ...what did the damage???...a livey???

Mrs Benno1

So guys, i forgot to add that it was trolled up on a 91/2 inch blood back skirt. ( i make my own skirted lures.) The wahoo still had it in its Gut, it swallowed it down to it's gut. I had to unclip it and keep fishing. It's the exact same lure thats in this Dolphin fish photo.

damn speedy, that is one sweet Hoo im not even going to put a pic of mine up

Daz

solid wahoo there speedy

Great fish!
    I Fish, I catch, I SNAG

That's a monster, never knew Mahi Mahi had teeth either. As the saying goes "You learn more and more everyday"

Tom,
    also nice skirt

wow mate. that puts my pb wahoo of 14kg to shame. good work!

Now that's a fish. Great work - I bet you were stuffed after that effort. You'll have some chewin to do now to get through all those fillets. Darren.

You done me is 22kg model

Great fish Speedy...

I will try and find my photo with a 48kg model taken on a jet head and post it - taken over here in Fiji... it would have beaten the Australian record for Wahoo, but was still 20 odd kilo's short of the Fijian record at 63kg!!! Mine wasnt too much longer than yours, they just get thicker and thicker...

Fantastic fun to catch no matter what size, i bet you thought you would have never been able to turn it around!!

We had a double hook up, i'm assuming that size. I had mine on a TLD 50 and it emptied half the spool and my mate had a TLD 30 and it wasn't far from the bottom of the spool before it dropped the lure. Doohhh!!!!

Good to see speedy, mate, I've never caught a wahoo but would love to one day.

I'm on the southside of Brisbane.

Peter

Holly Hoo, great fish, thats one I still have to add to the count. Well done
    Fillet and Release Squad