Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 22kg Snapper

Re: 22kg Snapper

Bigash tell us why you would keep fish like that???..especially when you've got a photo or video.....complete waste of a awesome fish!

I'm not impressed by any of your pictures...all they tell me is that your a irresponsible fisherman who has no regard for future fish stocks.

Incredibly ordinary work!

yep it's fake blood to

Gagga08
    did you read what i mentioned about tag & releasing the breeding stock?
    some of these bigger fish can't be released succesfully.
    some may argue but i have been advised that fish in their prime like 9-13kg
    are the real breaders. these are what we are trying to return.
    the old stories from the snapper pros is that if you let fish go on adrop it makes them harder to catch. we have pros taking tons of fish in one session of the same areas we fish.
    if i can make an 8,9 or 15kg fish & all his friends harder to catch by letting them go i will. how many people do you know that release 20lb+ fish? not many down our way do, would be less than 1%.
    cheers
    BigAsh

Theres always the crictics! Either way they are some horse Snapper there Bigash.

Keep on sharing the photos and reports mate, they make a good read.

Chris

sounds like a few boys are a bit jealous great fish

Quote Originally Posted by Gagga08 View Post
    Bigash tell us why you would keep fish like that???..especially when you've got a photo or video.....complete waste of a awesome fish!

I'm not impressed by any of your pictures...all they tell me is that your a irresponsible fisherman who has no regard for future fish stocks.

Tree hugger!!.... Top days fishing big arms!... loved the vid... good fishing with good mates.... Nice...

Cheers BD

they are awesome fish Big Ash, i would love to catch a snap like those,
    thanks for the pics, love seeing reports from some other locations, especially at that quality
    cheers JB

Hey Big Ash
    I didnt want 2 sound like a greeny, I think u know wat I meant! Im from Port Pirie so ive seen my share of huge snapper weve left wrecks of 30lb+ fish biting like shitties so many times, but thats nothing compared to 20KG+ fish!!!! How hard do they go??
    Cheers

I'm wondering what sort of person would open a post that is named "22Kg Snapper" and then cry at the sight of a big fish? Judge your self all you want but to judge any else, that's just a bit ordinary.

BTW bloody nice fish.

BigE

As I've stated to this bloke before after he Hijacked one of my threads keep your opinions in VICTORIA. Your avatar tells me your hands are still holding "small things".
    Awsome fish BIGASH

Quote Originally Posted by RAT-KING View Post
    Hey Big Ash
    I didnt want 2 sound like a greeny, I think u know wat I meant! Im from Port Pirie so ive seen my share of huge snapper weve left wrecks of 30lb+ fish biting like shitties so many times, but thats nothing compared to 20KG+ fish!!!! How hard do they go??
    Cheers

to be honest the real big ones generally don't go as hard as a fit 30lb'er, they are heavy to get off the bottom but won't take line as quick & puff out quicker(sounds like me on the footy field), the 37lb fish i think fought a lot harder than the 44lb fish, both came from same school about 30mins apart. some of the bigs are in poor condition & have a big frame with not much on them.. i'm guessing these are old.
    Saying that the 1 Col Tannahill got was a fit looking fish & he had a real good tussle with it, i was hooked up on a 20lb fish on 15lb SP outfit at same time on other side of the boat & i beat him up by 10mins.
    every ones different & depends also how far hooks have got down.
    they don't get big by being dumb either.
    Yes it's hard to explain to someone that hasn't experienced a hot bit & leaving a school of 10kg+ fish in a frenzy. results like below, 1 fish on the bait & another spitting the lead boatside with a "I tricked you smirk" on it's face as it swims off.
    cheers
    BigAsh

For anyone who says they would just throw it back are honestly kidding them selves, especially if it was the first one, It would go straight to the pool room with a snapper that big. Awesome fish big ash very very jelious i tell ya, and i would do the same thing as you with tagging it except mine would be tagged with the Gaff. Once again keep those big photo's coming.

Cheers
    Matty

No gaffs allowed.
    Environets the go.
    Matt you are right, it takes a lot of convincing to get people to agree to throwing their 1st honker back. I start on the way out before they catch them mentioning
    " I think if we get a couple big ones today we'll tag & release them & keep a couple smaller for you to take home, What do you think?".
    most agree to it but still resist when it's landed & yes we do have confidence in getting a new member to the "Arno 20lb club" on nearly every outing, hoping it stays that way
    cheers
    BigAsh

Environet, Gaff its all the same to me as long as he either gets hung up on the wall as a trophy or goes onto the BBQ and into my belly thats for sure . Don't get me wrong i do believe in catch and release on the really big fish that will taste like old boot or even like your own situation where these monsters are a regular catch , but you don't go out and spend 10's of thousands of dollars on boats and equiptment to go out and catch fish and watch them swim away, and then say WOW look at my photo ! it just doesn't make sense to me .

Cheers
    Matty

thats a pissa of a comment. ill tell you why you should keep it! because that thing is a DINOSAUR. mould it and onto the wall, because it would never be believed by a photo hense all the people who cry photo shop, photo shop with this post. Buy the sounds of it you are one of those fisherman who can't catch the big ones and when someone does you give them a mouth full like you have. you wouldn't happen to be a greeny bye any chance would ya?????? if so, can you stop putting up green zones its maken it harder for me to catch a feed

Cheers
    Matty

I have seen that pic before. nice fish, I heard it was caught in South Australia....