Thread: PB Golden Trevally

PB Golden Trevally

Best yet, caught on one of the shittiest days fishing, big swell, strong wind and water the colour of coffee. Looking forward to trying the same spot when the conditions are perfect....

Golden Trevally 100cm 15kg
    Fillet and Release Squad

Re: PB Golden Trevally

Horse Of a trevally there mate

I haven't caught one yet
    I Fish, I catch, I SNAG

Hi levinge, you caught that up at Rattlesnake Is? Thats one place that has some hot and cold fishing. Did eat the golden, IMO they are one of the better eating trevellys, but I haven't eaten one that size. If you did put it on a plate, how did it go?

Cheers kendall

Hey Kendall, Yep got him on the northern side of Lorne Reef.

Hot and Cold, depends on the conditions, we went there knowing that we would not be fishing in ideal conditions but decided to give it a shot. I find that trolling has the best result there, especially using Rapala's and Halco's in between the islands. Usually has big GT's hunting there.

The day we were there was not GT weather or tide.

I still had some fillet in the freezer so I gave it to my deckie/fishing buddy to take home, as he had run out of fillets, he reported a little dry but still a good tasting chew...

Don't mind Rattlesnake as it allows fishing even when the swell is up. just have to put up with the swell getting there and going home. On good days it is a nice place to stop and have a speculator....
    Fillet and Release Squad

Kendall, I ate the fish, was very good, though not as good as the smaller versions. A bit dryer and stronger 'fishy' flavour, but still good....top tucker. Still got a couple of feeds left in the freezer yet, some nice thick fillets. Because the flesh was still quite pink because it didn't bleed very well, once the bloodlines were removed, it still made for some good fillets which was a nice surprise

I usually give Lorne reef a go when I'm up that way, had some success on spanish and grey macks at different times. I've also had some luck at that submerged lump roughly SE of lorne, its visible on the charts.

Here is one of a few we got onto during a camping trip up at Baffle Creek....

Great fun to catch.....

Nice fish GT, yep they are definitely a great fish to catch, water behind you looks like it was a another NQ Perfect day on the water. We are definitely spoilt (if the wind isn't blowing)
    Fillet and Release Squad

my pb golden trev is 7kg, taken on a little metal slice in 7 mtrs of water.
    jigging straight under the boat.

ron.
    reels screamin aboard Hyper- Active

and you doubted me on the humble metal slice ronnie. Its been one of the most productive techniques for me over my whole fishing life.