9 25.71%
  • Mission Beach Base M&G

26 74.29%
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Townsville Fisho's - NQ Fisho's Lets Take on Mission or Kurrimine Beach

Re: Townsville Fisho's - NQ Fisho's Lets Take on Mission or Kurrimine Beach

Nah not yet mate, worst comes to worst i will camp or take the olds bus up

Thanks Daz we'll see how things turn out.Levinge the reef fishes better than the islands here it's just wether the weather lets you out there LOL.

If anyone wants to service there trailer before mission give me a call, good rates for ausfish members

Matty,

Just bunk in with Scott he will have some spare beds.

Cheers Rod....

Yeah, if there's anyone going that needs somewhere to sleep, I've got a cabin booked for myself so there's a couple of extra beds if anyone wants them. Its only somewhere to sleep cos I doubt we'd be just hanging around the cabin, also somewhere to lock up our gear when we're not around.

I should be coming, fishing either my boat or someone elses, see what happens. I'm only 5 mins north of the Kurrimine turnoff.

Alrighty, time for an update.

Looks like there are a few people turning up, so it should be a good weekend.

I will be heading up on the Friday and have got a cabin.

I have 2 spare beds available - bunks only so if its a bed your after let me know.

I also have 1 possibly 2 spots for deckies. A while ago Fishing_Dan asked for a deckie spot, you still up for it Dan???

So if you thinking of going up I have spots onboard and spots at the cabin. Usual share of costs is the deal.

Let me know if your interested
    Fillet and Release Squad

Time to repost the Rules for this debacle (I mean fishing trip!!!!)

Date: Australia Day Long Weekend January 2009
    Accommodation Base: Hideaway Holiday Village, Mission Beach, individuals are responsible for booking their own accommodation...
    Open to all Ausfish members and their families.
    BBQ - Sunday Night at Hideaway Holiday Village, Camp Kitchen Area, BYO Meat and bring something for the middle of the table i.e. Salad, buns, etc
    Rules
    1. Friendly rivalry between Cairns and Townsville will be sorted out with best results for
    2. Entry Fee - 6 pack of beer
    3. Individual fisho's 5 best fish caught (Result worked on overall length of fish).
    4. 10 best anglers results from each region to count.
    5. Results will be worked out at the BBQ on Sunday night.
    6. If you resort to catch and release, a brag mat photo must be produced to validate your catch (Date and time stamped).
    7. Those Fisho's who are not from Townsville or Cairns must nominate who they are fishing for, prior to the Meet & Greet
    8. Best overall result wins the pot i.e. Townsville or Cairns

One extra thing, I think we need to have 1 fisho from each region to act as the impartial (bribed by beers) weighmasters.

Friday Night we should all get together at the camp kitchen area for some beers, bragging and some basic rules.

Thoughts People!!!
    Fillet and Release Squad

Brett,

Just 1 thing with the rules.

It is of my opinion that fish like ramora's and shark should NOT be allowed as legal fish, if you are going on length of fish.

Instead of date time stamp photos each member should be given something unique like a toy out of a gumball machine that they have to have in their photos. To achieve this we should all meet at a servo , where they will most likely have a gum ball mahine thingy.

Just a few thoughts, what does everyone else think.

Cheers Rod....

I totally agree with the fish.

I think it will be known to all on Friday night that we do not count, sharks, remora, rays, eels etc as a legal fish. Most will already know this...

Gumball toys - interesting, might be a touch small against a photo, but you have given me food for thought. What about a unique pack of playing cards, they usually have an interestig design on the back and this would be more visible than a small toy, plus a pack of cards is alot cheaper than a toy.

Thoughts??
    Fillet and Release Squad

Sounds good playing cards are good, oh and the only reason i surgested ramoras not be counted is because Scott is coming along. HAHAHA.

Cheers Rod....

Yep we know how he loves dem Remora.

Is he fishing with you or is he taking his rig???
    Fillet and Release Squad

I think he will be fishing with me in Nauti - Lass unless she cant be fixed in time then we will both be looking for deckie spots. I know Matt Muller has a couple of spots left and you aswell so there will be no shortage of spots.

I am looking forward to getting out to the reef and trying for some reds and trout etc.

Cheers Rod....

Rod...at this point, I'd like to remind you that last time I caught a remora it was one to your 3, and yours were the biggest. Then I officially handed you the remora King Crown.

I've got a couple of different decks of playing cards, A few souvenier ones, plus a couple of packs you get every now end then with a magazine.

Surely not nudie cards there Scott.

As for the Remora, was Rod Skipper that day, if so, I do believe he enjoys the skippers right of total denial and the ability to pass on his results good or bad to any deckie of his choice!!!! (damn that sounded good)
    Fillet and Release Squad