Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Crap Charter - Gold Coast

Re: Crap Charter - Gold Coast

Have never been on a charter but have to try and find one for 3 staff members..this could be an epic on its own just trying to find someone decent..and no cattle class..want the boat to themselves.

Braddles..why would you even bother wasting time with a lawyer...just let it go and put it down to experience...sounds likes it was actually $200 well spent just for the laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Have never been on a charter but have to try and find one for 3 staff members..this could be an epic on its own just trying to find someone decent..and no cattle class..want the boat to themselves.

Braddles..why would you even bother wasting time with a lawyer...just let it go and put it down to experience...sounds likes it was actually $200 well spent just for the laughs.

Hey Pin Head...

The fact that I posted here a recount of a dodgie charter, and then the tosser named and shamed himself in an aggressive childish response is probably enough for most people to decided to take him up on his generous discount offer or not....

But..... one of my colleagues who was on the charter that day is married to a natzi feminist (and I meant that as a term of endearment R. lol) who is a partner in a law firm in the CBD..... and wants to take it on, free of charge, for the sexual harrassment and arrogance and incompetence that was displayed in his attempt at a letter.

Thanks everyone for your comments / posts etc.. Hope you enjoyed the read (novel) and in the process saved even just one of you wasting your hard earned mulla.

I am off to hit the books for a while so will be scarse again for the next week or so... (unless procrastination gets the better of me).

regards,

Brad.

Hey Brad good luck with the legals and good luck with the studies.

I have been forced to say "Sorry" once or twice when I really wasn't terribly sorry at all, and still think I was right or justified. We move on, or some of us do. Is it not absolutely amazing how much money some people/companies will throw at legals to avoid that simple word?

he has $1600 in his pocket to spend on legals

Quote Originally Posted by Braddles View Post
    But..... one of my colleagues who was on the charter that day is married to a natzi feminist (and I meant that as a term of endearment R. lol) who is a partner in a law firm in the CBD..... and wants to take it on, free of charge, for the sexual harrassment and arrogance and incompetence that was displayed in his attempt at a letter.
    While I respect the right of any person to take legal action, IMO in a case like this, it shouldn't happen. Our Society is becoming increasingly litigious (sueing a lot!) and this is bringing us closer to being the 53rd state of the USA. The attitude of "I'll sue at the drop of a hat" is leading to increasing costs to Business, and it is slowing down our courts.

Not to mention it is justifying the oft held view that Lawyers are blood sucking ratbags. In my experience a lot of them are not - there are several in my family, including my Dad, who I respect highly. They are not Litigation Lawyers, though!

The only people who win in this situation are the Lawyers. Leave it. The Operator will get his, because he won't survive; it will be a direct result of his attitude that he fails, too.

All IMHO of course!

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Talking Re: Crap Charter - Gold Coast

Quote Originally Posted by Mtx View Post
    he has $1600 in his pocket to spend on legals

No mate get it right I guess it seems he may have spent $22 buying the food , $2 in gas , $10 bucks on bait , wages $ 200 and $200 on fuel. Nearly forgot to add back the $40 profit from the drinks fridge.

He might have a few buck but a lawyer will take him to the cleaners if he was silly enough and just imagie the publicity in the local papers

Cheers and thanks for the top read and regardless it has made us all think about how to select a charter operator and to get a first hand reference from other Ausfishers

The thread is now closed for comment.

Hope there is a good ending to this saga.

Also hope that I have done the right thing

Cheers Phill ( from the Agnes Water / 1770 Meet & Greet on a windy day )
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here