Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Crap Charter - Gold Coast

Re: Crap Charter - Gold Coast

Thats piss poor mate. Send the owner the link to this thread so he can see the great advertising he's getting. Ask for your money back,, if he says no then name and shame.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

Sorry to hear about the so called charter gav will be laughing his head of next time you go out with him ,i go with SEA PROBE every R.D.O and have never had a bad day . It would probably be worth your while to ring him well in advance and get a booking when you can it would be well worth the wait as you probably know and thanks for sharing so no one of here gets caught in such a blatent rip off . I know you dont get gourmet lunches with SEA PROBE but you are sure to get some fishing done i know i get my share lots of luck next time......... matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Jesus, that's really terrible. Reminds me of a private charter I went on back in around Christmas 1995 or 1996..

We were aboard a 6-7m boat (4 of us + skipper and his wife the deckie).. Went out from Hervey Bay and fished randomly near Fraser for the day... I should add that the dude was running over an hour late from the get go, which turned into nearly two hours late by time we dropped our first lines in...

Anyway, where was I?... Whilst we were on our way out we were notifed that he only had two life jacket on board and should the boat begin to sink his wife would get a jacket and the remaining 5 of us would draw straws, including me, barely a teenager.

We threw our lines in time and time again and all we managed for the day was a few little pink fish, one reasonable trevally and my personal catch was a single bloody squid.

Upon returning he had a whinge about the ammount of fuel we burned, courtesy of him deciding to change spots so often, and proceeded to ask us for more money to cover it... He got told where to go.

If memory serves, we didn't eat either... Arrg.

The only other trip I've been on was with this mob - http://fishthedeep.com.au/welcome/

They were excellent... Very professional and we pulled in plenty of fish, as per the pic. Was only $150 at the time too, now $20 more.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~music2/img/haul.jpg

Matt.

well that gave the Mrs and I a good laugh - sorry!
    thanks for the heads up - unfortunately some people have to go through that to warn others.

karma will repay you mate. hope your next charter is kick arse

G'day

Damn good story..... I used tio work as deckhand out of a fleet of charter boats at marina mirage................ it was nowhere near as professional as my previous deckies job on a pair of noosa cats from scarborough

A deckhand fishing I was taught was pure sacrelige, and angry customers wouldn't be tolerated, we had to keep them happy at all times, and rightly so.

What i'm saying is, what you went on, by your words was not a fishing chater, it was a scenic tour.

Maybe you should write a letter to the owner, in his right mind he hasnt any idea of whats really going on.

It'll only cost you 50 cents

Dave

Hey Matt;

I am jealous of your ability to venture out on Seaprobe at that frequency!

As you said - you dont get gourmet lunches - but who cares hey - thats not what were there for - but worthy of a comment - the ham and salad roll lovingly packed by Gav's Mum and the nibbles are just great.

Moreover - I have never had a bad day fishing on that boat... Its getting an old boat and it probably is "no frills" by some standards, - but they really are one of the better charters on the coast in terms of bang for your bucks. I hope to get out again in the next month again....

I just wish Gav's brother (who I understand now works in construction - forget his name) still did the deckie role, as the new(ish) guy isnt quiet as good - but still leave this circus of a charter I had on Saturday for dead.

Fish the deep is another quality charter that keeps coming up...... they must be good too - I have heard many positives.

Anyway - glad to hear everyone's feed back - Sometimes I start to wonder if I expected too much - but then I am hastly reminded with everyone's feedback really how shonky it was lol.

Take care,

Brad.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    Sorry to hear about the so called charter gav will be laughing his head of next time you go out with him ,i go with SEA PROBE every R.D.O and have never had a bad day . It would probably be worth your while to ring him well in advance and get a booking when you can it would be well worth the wait as you probably know and thanks for sharing so no one of here gets caught in such a blatent rip off . I know you dont get gourmet lunches with SEA PROBE but you are sure to get some fishing done i know i get my share lots of luck next time......... matt

Mate, i read the title of this post expecting to here a bloody winger! but seriously mate, it sounds like you were ripped big time! i would have been spewin! Cheers for the heads up Braddles. What a mob of greedy Priks ay!!!
    En el amor y la guerra, todo hueco es trinchera.

Chad he's a good bloke.

Very unforntunate Braddles. Karma will get those who rip off others I reckon. Good luck with your next Charter anyway - I feel sorry for you and your mates on this occassion though. Cheers mate, Darren.

Just a quick update,

Followed the advise of a couple of posters re/- contacting the charter company to outline, objectively what went on and why we thought it was such terrible charter and over priced for what is given

Their response :

"Thanks for your email. We will take your feedback on board, regards Ann"

Seems not only their charter is inadequate.

Time to name and shame. Then when business slowly starts dropping off they might listen. Word of mouth is a powerful thing. Sorry to hear of your unpleasnt experience.

Cheers, Cam.

I must agree with Cam Braddles,
    Word of mouth is a powerful thing and you are well within your rights to give a heads up to other fishers.
    Which charter was it?
    Cheers
    Craig

exploit those money hungry bastard's that was a disgrace to the whole industry that is why all charter operators get a bad name but thanks for the laugh mate good report

853 people have viewed this thread since it was first posted.

please name this operator so the rest of us don't make the mistake and venture out on this boat.

Brad you sure aren't wingeing, it was shonky tourist ripoff 100%. Its sad that these guys get away with what they do for so long.

As you pointed out, it is not what they provide or don't provide that matters; it is in not providing what they said they would.

If you don't provide lunch, then who cares? You can grab a salad roll on your way. If they say they provide a goumet lunch, then it better be a freakin gourmet lunch or I'll stick it up their @ss.

If its a fishing charter and there are too many on board to fish, then maybe the crew need to go over the side.