Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whales For Lunch

Whales For Lunch

The weather had been perfect for almost a week so Sheila and I decided to go out early on Friday morning. We left from Spinnaker Sound Marina located just on the mainland side of Bribie Island and headed out to The Trench. I had seen a lot of bait there recently had although the water temperature was only 21 degrees it was still worth a troll.
    We had trolled for about two hours when we came upon a small rise on the bottom so we decided to drop a few plastics and have some lunch and a cup of coffee.
    The Whales have been around for a few months now so it wasn’t out of the ordinary to see a few around but there were a couple that obviously liked the aroma of our coffee.
    I thought that I would share a couple of Photos for those of you who don’t get the opportunity to see what we take for granted.
    Frank OO

Re: Whales For Lunch

Great pics - thanks Frank00

cheers - Craig

great photos frank must be good coffee cheers lizard bribie

Excellent Photos There Franko, Nature At Its Best.
    Thanks Mark.

Great Pictures Frank Thanks for that.
    ps. Hows that shed going? have you done anything yet?

Hi Andrew,

No not yet mate. It must be too hard for the average Plasterer.

Frank OO

Top photos Frank they are very clear. How many megapixels is your camera?
    Cheers,
    Benny.

How awesome to see whales so close to the boat. Thanks for sharing such great pics!

nice pics frank your sure were close we went out saturday and on t way back in we were as close if not closer 12ft from a marlin feeding on a bait school it was elctric blue a beautiful sight we circled it but no hits was a school of about 4 bait was about 12 inches long

Great photos there Frank. thanks for sharing them.

We saw a single big bull whale on Friday out near the banks. When it surfaced coming directly towards us it looked every bit as wide as the boat...

cheers

Mick

Hi Benny I am lucky to have a Canon 40D with some nice lenses. Pictures are about 12 Megapixels.

Thank you for your comments and especially yoursSkipalong..

Now I am excited.

Frank OO

Nice photos Frank. I have a 40D too, just wondering what lens you used for those pics?

Thanks,
    Dave.

Hi Dave,

I have two lenses both Canon with image stabilisers. Don't quote me but the first is a 75-135mm Zoom that normally comes with the 5D andcond is a 75-200mm zoom.

I will have to check the lenses to make sure.

Frank OO

Beautiful - and you get all this for free as well. We live in such a great part of the world here at Bribie.

Hi Dave,

The Lenses are as follows:

I use a combination of the Cannon 300D and the Cannon 40D. I have combined that with a CANON EF 24-105MM F4.0L IS USM ZOOMLENS and a CANON EF 70-200mm f4.0L IS USM LENS. Both lenses use the image stabiliser system.

Darren,

That is why we live here.

Frank OO