Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hot Snapper Bite

Hot Snapper Bite

Here's a bit of footage I took down the southern end Gold Coast. Had a good bite going for a couple of hours .All fish were taken on Plastics.
    Due to my stupidity I accidently deleted the second tape which had the better fish as the morning progressed

Re: Hot Snapper Bite

Plenty of action Willo - awesome footage.....doesn't look like it took long to bag out....

some great fish there willo, bit if a shame about the better footage being deleted,
    keep em coming,
    cheers,
    jamie
    Ahhhhh, To be young and Free

Most enjoyable. Can we have a bit of detail, as in time/date/run?

Thanks, I was riveted!

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Awesome footage. Great fishing. I could just watch that stuff all day.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Most enjoyable. Can we have a bit of detail, as in time/date/run?

Thanks, I was riveted!

Cheers,

Tim
    Ditto ... rod, reel, line and rig combo details would be good too.
    Great video photography, good fish, well fished and thanks for the entertainment. Keep it coming.

nice fish there willo

love those double hook ups.
    keep em comin.

cheers cervi

Quote Originally Posted by castlemaine View Post
    Ditto ... rod, reel, line and rig combo details would be good too.
    Great video photography, good fish, well fished and thanks for the entertainment. Keep it coming.
    Yeh Guys
    That session was on the 25-6-08 from around 6 am -8.30am and it was the bottom of a tide change and the start of the run in and the last quarter of the moon

The rod I was fishing is a G Loomis Mahogany L904 10-20lb Blank which I built up .
    The reel is a Shimano Sustain 6000FE 08 model
    At the Moment Im fishing 30lb Braid with a 30lb fluorcabon trace because I was sick of being busted up on the bottom by bigger fish (previuosly using 20lb braid and 20lb fluro leader) so moved up to 30lb to have a bit more stopping power
    The second rod in the holder is a G Loomis Granite L905 12-25lb Blank which I also built. I'm running a 4500 Shimano Baitrunner on this with 25lb Platypus Super 100 with a 30lb fluor Trace . Use this set up to fish out of a rod holder.
    That day was fishing 7" Gulps in Mango ripple and Sweet and sour colours and using Owner jig heads
    Also was fishing NSW waters where bag limit is 10 on snapper

Cheers Willo

As mentioned by others above, great footage, good fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Willo View Post
    Yeh Guys
    That session was on the 25-6-08 from around 6 am -8.30am and it was the bottom of a tide change and the start of the run in and the last quarter of the moon

The rod I was fishing is a G Loomis Mahogany L904 10-20lb Blank which I built up .
    The reel is a Shimano Sustain 6000FE 08 model
    At the Moment Im fishing 30lb Braid with a 30lb fluorcabon trace because I was sick of being busted up on the bottom by bigger fish (previuosly using 20lb braid and 20lb fluro leader) so moved up to 30lb to have a bit more stopping power
    The second rod in the holder is a G Loomis Granite L905 12-25lb Blank which I also built. I'm running a 4500 Shimano Baitrunner on this with 25lb Platypus Super 100 with a 30lb fluor Trace . Use this set up to fish out of a rod holder.
    That day was fishing 7" Gulps in Mango ripple and Sweet and sour colours and using Owner jig heads
    Also was fishing NSW waters where bag limit is 10 on snapper

Cheers Willo
    Appreciate the info.. Happy fishing.

thats awesome footage. real hot bite.
    What depth were you finding them at?
    Cheers Roo.

Fantastic! Thanks for posting that up Willo, what was the biggest fish from that trip? They all looked like decent fish.
    simon

The ocean is the ultimate solution - Frank Zappa

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq9/slyman71/

Thanks for sharing Willo, that is the best Snapper fishing i have ever seen.....
    Hope to see more of your vids soon.
    Marty.

Quote Originally Posted by slyman View Post
    Fantastic! Thanks for posting that up Willo, what was the biggest fish from that trip? They all looked like decent fish.
    Yeh Slyman
    Best fish on video was about 8kg then after that got a couple of 8kg and a 9kg

Yeh Roo
    Was fishin in 80-90 ft of water

Pics of catch that day

awesome catch, and a great video.. watched this today at work with no sound, but i had to watch it again with sound at home.

Willo. did you know what depth the fish were sitting at, or did you just drop the jig to the bottom, wind up a metre and let the boat action do the trick with the plastics ????

love it.