Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: The Green's policy towards fishing

Re: The Green's policy towards fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Atriplex View Post
    I may have been mislead a bit.
    that's the story of your life so far,though,isn't it tripster..

One day possibly many years down the track you will realize that your character and ideology might better be formed through life experiences rather than what people tell you.

Scott

Thank you. Yeah, I wasn't fully sure about how many Queenslanders there are on this site; I just got an impression there were a lot.

I had a look at "A new dam on the Mary," that was great especially your comments Jim. It seemed that most people agreed with you, expect PinHead the perennial loser (and he's proud of it???).

Like the amount of Queenslanders on the site I may have been mislead a bit. But I don't see why the Greens or other organisations that are devoted to conversation aren't supported vocally. It's a shame really because if everyone who truly cared about our environment were more vocal other people might wake up to themselves.

Thanks for your support.
    you better believe it son...but I can assure you that I am doing quite okay thanks. Labels don't mean a thing to me...especially from some school kid.

BTW..I am in favour of building another dam in SEQ...we probably would not need one if those pesky Vics would stay down south but apparently the weather seems to attract them here like moths to a light.

Well with the rains the Gold Coast has had over the past couple of years, that wolfdene dam would have filled twice over (and SEQ would not have run out of water needing an amazingly expensive watering system).

Oh that's right KRUDD got it overturned didn't he. What a smart man he was; working for the greenies back then. He only cost us billions of taxpayer money with more to come yet. 1980's here we come.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    that's the story of your life so far,though,isn't it tripster..

One day possibly many years down the track you will realize that your character and ideology might better be formed through life experiences rather than what people tell you.

Scott
    Believe it or not I've experienced life before. I would run through the details...but you obviously wasted your childhood so I'd make you even more jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    you better believe it son...but I can assure you that I am doing quite okay thanks. Labels don't mean a thing to me...especially from some school kid.
    You've got to kidding me, doing quite okay:

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Oh, did i hit a nerve there???
    How would I manage it (Australia's population)? This is a democracy..if people want to live somewhere then they can..I am also a believer that we need to increase the population of this country dramatically..it is already shown by the skills shortage that we have.
    I want a life and jobs for my grandkids and if some turtles have to suffer then I do not really care...obviously many animals suffered by building the dams we already have, by the mining etc for the products to build my house as well as the clearing of the land for same. I am afraid i cannot be hypocritical and stand and complain about land clearing or anything else similar (including dams) when I am living and using products that would not have been possible without these environmentally damaging processes.

Some can be sustainable but alas some cannot. As for the Traveston Dam, I am not in favour of it..if people did some simple maths they would realise that the Wivenhoe and Somerset dams have plenty of water in them. Don't use percentages but use megalitres and it will become obvious.
    ( please do not get personal.... 1st warning ! ) You've only got to do some simple maths: x(Unsustainable population)+y(Drastically increasing Australia's population) = x+y (making everything worse; creating an even more unsustainable population) the proof is below.

+19,000,000
    =6,019,000,000

Big numbers I know but you should be able to grasp the logic and the maths.

NOTE: above quote is from another post called "A new dam on the Mary"?
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 03-08-2008 at 07:53 AM.

Believe it or not I've experienced life before. I would run through the details...but you obviously wasted your childhood so I'd make you even more jealous.
    Why not let us in on your experiences that have lead to your hard and fast conclusions regarding life....and let me be the judge of whether or not I am jealous.

Given that I have decided that this thread no longer deserves a serious response, I am sitting in my deckchair, kicking back, sucking a coffee (it would be a scotch, but it's a wee bit early) nibbling popcorn. Wish I had a basket of snapper heads next to me...

Honestly, AXXX, stop for a second and think - with your increasingly wild statements (your algebra is cracking me up, typing's a challenge due to my laughter), and the fact that you've been deserted by even your own side, is proving you are a kid. You have started to act like one.

Bag it, and take a few years.

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

I'm not sure that i can see any reasoning to think someones opinion is "better" with age. I can see lots of reasons why it would change but if anything i think the longer we've been around the more experiences we've had to bias or cloud our ability to think rationally. Sometimes a fresh idealistic perspective though possibly misguided should be taken for it merits of what it is. Untainted and unbiased by personal experience and based as largely as possible on the facts presented to it. Maybe it's up to the more "experienced" members of society to review these original thoughts thoroughly before leaping to conclusions and firing of labels at anyone with slightly different ideas to there own.

What we have on this forum is not a debate, to be perfectly honest i don't think i've ever seen a true debate on Ausfish. In a debate someone states a point of view and then backs it up with facts, and then someone else states an opposing opinion and then backs it up with facts and then uses different facts to discredit the other opinion. This is the link that is missing here, instead of using facts to discredit an opinion people are using their own opinions. And then it becomes a slagging match because naturally everyone thinks that their opinion is better than everyone elses but there is no longer any structure to prove otherwise.

The personal attacts are not needed. In the future i'd ask the moderators to play the role of an impartial host to debates like this. Not to sensor but to pull members in line when they make inappropriate comments or start making personal attacks because they can't justify their statements with facts.

I look forward to the day that Aufish can host a sensible debate regarding important issues like overfishing or climate change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy87 View Post
    I'm not sure that i can see any reasoning to think someones opinion is "better" with age. I can see lots of reasons why it would change but if anything i think the longer we've been around the more experiences we've had to bias or cloud our ability to think rationally. Sometimes a fresh idealistic perspective though possibly misguided should be taken for it merits of what it is. Untainted and unbiased by personal experience and based as largely as possible on the facts presented to it. Maybe it's up to the more "experienced" members of society to review these original thoughts thoroughly before leaping to conclusions and firing of labels at anyone with slightly different ideas to there own.

What we have on this forum is not a debate, to be perfectly honest i don't think i've ever seen a true debate on Ausfish. In a debate someone states a point of view and then backs it up with facts, and then someone else states an opposing opinion and then backs it up with facts and then uses different facts to discredit the other opinion. This is the link that is missing here, instead of using facts to discredit an opinion people are using their own opinions. And then it becomes a slagging match because naturally everyone thinks that their opinion is better than everyone elses but there is no longer any structure to prove otherwise.

The personal attacts are not needed. In the future i'd ask the moderators to play the role of an impartial host to debates like this. Not to sensor but to pull members in line when they make inappropriate comments or start making personal attacks because they can't justify their statements with facts.

I look forward to the day that Aufish can host a sensible debate regarding important issues like overfishing or climate change.
    Good call mate.

With regards to the moderators I'm glad they've let the thread continue; because some people might learn a few things from it (I know I have). It would be great if a debate forum was set up or something simalir. That's actually probably a really good idea; instead of the usual discussion, you could set up a proper debate about any topic. At least that way the negative might answer a few of your questions.

The mods should really look into it as it would be appreciated by a lot of people

Im a late comer to this thread but after a few beers and a bit a of read Triplx has got me thinking ,round up all like minded 14 year olds AND BURN THEM INSTEAD OF COAL, by hell boy I dont know what sort of people have influenced you over the past 14 years .When you grow up, get a job,get exposed to the real world and have to pay your own way youll look back at some of the posts youve left and cringe . Experienced life?????.... how many times you been broke, sacked, hurt at work,belted at the pub,bought a house, negotated wages,tried to get kids up for school or actaally been pesonally affected by drought, fire flood etc. Ive experienced em all fulla and I still got a long way to go .
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 08-08-2008 at 10:15 PM.