with the amount of hits that my post in General Chat has received re ""is this legal or not,,,,,,,,,,,,,"" ive been endeavouring to try and find more info on the subject matter,,,

funnily enough,,, i received this snippet this arvo,,,, and i'm advised that the 2 cases are entirely separate,,,

this is dated the 8th May,,,,,,

Illegal crab shipment seized in Rockhampton
News release | 08 May, 2008

Protect the sustainability of mud crabs. Report illegal catches to DPI&F.
A large haul of illegal mud crabs, suspected to be bound for the lucrative Melbourne market, has been intercepted at Rockhampton Airport.
A total of 79 female and six undersize male mud crabs were seized by Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries, Queensland Boating and Fisheries Patrol (QBFP) officers after being located in cartons ready for shipment.
QBFP District Officer Mike Broadsmith said the crabs were discovered during a routine marketing patrol and two people had been interviewed in relation to the catch.
"The crabs had been caught in Central Queensland waters and were released by officers at Rosslyn Bay, Yeppoon," Mr Broadsmith said.
"The taking of female and undersize male mud crabs is an offence in Queensland with penalties of up to $75,000.
"Female mud crabs and undersize male mud crabs are protected to ensure the sustainability of the important mud crab fishery.
"People can help to protect Queensland's fisheries by reporting any suspected illegal fishing activities to the 24-hour toll free Fishwatch Hotline on 1800 017 116."

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,, choppa