Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Boat Rego Increase

Re: Boat Rego Increase

Quote Originally Posted by timddo View Post
    Increase are from $15 ---- to $360

as an example.

4.5m boat is $15, 5m =$60 , 6m = $90 ,10 is $180

For all you small boats $15 may be nothing, but bigger boats can cost more.

But hey, If ya can't afford $90 extra a year, you can't afford to go fishing.

But honestly, If there are 200,000 registered boats, There should be at least 50,000 trailer boat parks and 5,000 boat ramps in queensland???

5m = $60, 6m = $90 Timddo I've looked pretty hard but I can't find these figures anywhere, are they fairdinkum? or a guess?
    Please post a link if they are true, thanks.

Quoting Greg
    "Everyone says that the State Opposition has nothing to offer...how does anyone know when they have such very few seats. They may have some brilliant talent standing in the next election but we will never know unless they win seats."

You could be RIGHT Greg (pun intended)
    But with the Qld Nats & Libs thinking of joining together and the Federal Nats & Libs thinking of splitting I don't know if we will find out anytime soon. I can see it now, Qld Nats & Libs combine, Anna puts daylight savings on the agenda just before the next state election because the "public are demanding it" and the new Nat-Lib force starts to implode.

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    I just want to know where to get a trailer for our 56'er so we can use these ramps we are paying for. I'm not sure if the Landy is legal towing 28 tons either
    C'mon Mate, don't you know anything?

It's the wear and tear you cause on the water.
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

[quote=M62;833224]5m = $60, 6m = $90 Timddo I've looked pretty hard but I can't find these figures anywhere, are they fairdinkum? or a guess?
    Please post a link if they are true, thanks.

Was an example.

prices are from $15 to $360

So those are estimates or guesses

If you don't like what is happening then write to your local member and complain. Policies have been withdrawn in the past when enough people complained. If you don't voice your complaint then you only have yourself to blame. I live in Mackay with the highest number of boaties per capita and only two all tidal ramps and very little has been done to upgrade our ramps despite the fuel taxes I pay on my petrol and rego costs. I will be writing to my local member to complain.

Cant understand why everyone is complaining, surely by now with all thats happened with Green Zones and Boat regos going up it must be pretty clear what the Govt thinks/cares of boaties/fishos and what their agenda is?

Everyones complaining about what is the cost of a few packets of smokes or a cartoon, what about the big picture? You reckon todays Labor is for the average family anymore and lifestyle?

just my view fellas, the increase is irrelevant, we are part of a target group and no doubt more is to come.

mike
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by SnapHead101 View Post
    If you don't like what is happening then write to your local member and complain. Policies have been withdrawn in the past when enough people complained. If you don't voice your complaint then you only have yourself to blame. I live in Mackay with the highest number of boaties per capita and only two all tidal ramps and very little has been done to upgrade our ramps despite the fuel taxes I pay on my petrol and rego costs. I will be writing to my local member to complain.
    That's exactly how to handle it, SnapHead.

It's a waste of time whinging about it on this forum (although it helps to get everyone up to speed on what's happening).

In Queensland we already pay a "Recreational Use Fee" as part of our cost of boat registration. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that fee was to pay for upgrades to boating facilites.

Write to your local member with a copy to the Minister. Complain about the proposed price rise and if the new price escalation is going ahead, despite the complaints, insist that the money raised is PUT INTO A TRUST FUND to be used only for upgrades to boating facilities.

If it goes into consolidated revenue it will be used for everything else with little left for boating facilities.
    For example, I understand that the current Federal Government's fuel excise that we all pay (about 38 cents per litre I think) was originally raised to pay for upgrading our roads. Only a very small percentage of that revenue goes to roads.

The same will happen to the proposed extra rego fees if we are not very vocal about it.

Write in, ask questions and insist on getting a proper answering letter covering the questions you actually ask and not some generic letter printed out with cover-all answers.

GES

Registration Cost Increases in QLD?

What do you think of the new increases on Boat Registration imposed here in Queensland?

They appear to be hefty rises, to add on top of fuel price increases, oil price increases, increased costs of servicing, etc.

I understand that the pricing has to be indexed annually, but to increase by up to 25 - 30% of the existing cost in current climate will begin to put boating the whole concept of boating out of reach of more people, and only hit local business harder.

The funding is set to go toward more ramps and pontoons (much needed) in Queensland.
    Last edited by Ocean_Spirit; 03-06-2008 at 11:05 AM.

Re: Registration Cost Increases in QLD?

Like I said last week, what next ?
    Anyone know how much it increases for an 18ft Half Cab ?
    Don.
    "Magpie Navy." VHF 73.

It was a Woman who drove me to Drink......
    ....and I never gave her money for the Petrol......

There is already a substantial thread on this started a couple of days ago;

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=131511

Cheers

Dave

"Government"

TimiBoy's dictionary describes Government as;

"An organisation that pisses in your pocket and tells you it is raining."

Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    "Government"

TimiBoy's dictionary describes Government as;

"An organisation that pisses in your pocket and tells you it is raining."

More like you piss in my pocket and I'll s%@t all over you

Cheers Mad
    Grow old disgracefully

I still wonder how much a 5.8m etc boat will be next year to register, not healthy having all this pent up anger at corrupt pollies in their abuses against easy marks, if the increase is infact justifiably reasonable.

cheers fnq

I think that is THIS thread Outsider1??

Cheers

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Reel Nauti View Post
    I think that is THIS thread Outsider1??

Cheers

Dave
    Yep it is, I merged them. For some reason people keep wanting to start another thread.
    Regards

mod5

Quote Originally Posted by GES View Post
    That's exactly how to handle it, SnapHead.

It's a waste of time whinging about it on this forum (although it helps to get everyone up to speed on what's happening).

In Queensland we already pay a "Recreational Use Fee" as part of our cost of boat registration. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that fee was to pay for upgrades to boating facilites.

Write to your local member with a copy to the Minister. Complain about the proposed price rise and if the new price escalation is going ahead, despite the complaints, insist that the money raised is PUT INTO A TRUST FUND to be used only for upgrades to boating facilities.

If it goes into consolidated revenue it will be used for everything else with little left for boating facilities.
    For example, I understand that the current Federal Government's fuel excise that we all pay (about 38 cents per litre I think) was originally raised to pay for upgrading our roads. Only a very small percentage of that revenue goes to roads.

The same will happen to the proposed extra rego fees if we are not very vocal about it.

Write in, ask questions and insist on getting a proper answering letter covering the questions you actually ask and not some generic letter printed out with cover-all answers.

GES
    I agree totally, every cent that is raised through taxes should be manditorily put towards what it is intended. Govt's should not have the option of using it elsewhere.

For example i smoke..... like it or not. Currently i'm sitting in the middle of Baghdad puffing on a smoke from a packet that cost me less than $2US. back home that would equate to over $10. If every cent of cigarette tax went to QLD health i wouldn't mind one bit! If every cent of tax that is derived from fishing (rego, tackle, bait, electronics etc) went to a pool that was only to be spent on fishing or boating related expences (and the wankers in power couldn't touch it) then this is the only fair solution. Imagine the quality of ramps, coast guard, cleaning area's etc that would be in place if that were to occur??? Surely the rest of the taxes from income etc could then be used to prop up other area's where needed.

I think that the beef of most on here isn't actually with the rise of fee's because it is too steep it is just that we done get even a modest return for the bucks we pay. maybe I am a little naieve and this is just not a possible solution to goverment and im sure someone will tell me why but until then ill go back to my 1 cent cigarette.

Cheers Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.