Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Boat Rego Increase

Re: Boat Rego Increase

I can see the point for the fee hike. How else can they fund the catching of heinous criminals like the bunch of dreadful people that failed to put their names and addresses on their shrimp traps at Boondoomba dam. AArrgh they were all fined but they should have been hung......surely????

Did find it strange at renewal that the trailer rego cost more than the boat, so I guess the trailer fees will have to go up now.
    Stacer 525 easyrider - 115 DI. Bayside Brissy

Quote Originally Posted by Imfiik View Post
    I can see the point for the fee hike. How else can they fund the catching of heinous criminals like the bunch of dreadful people that failed to put their names and addresses on their shrimp traps at Boondoomba dam. AArrgh they were all fined but they should have been hung......surely????
    Nah the humiliation of a public flogging would have been just enough in this case.....people complain that traditional basic respect is a thing of the past, good to see the authorities doing their mandated bit to ensure next generation has even bigger social problems to deal with...but that's OK they will have a law that controls it by then surely!! the great social experiment continues unabated.

cheers fnq
    Last edited by FNQCairns; 30-05-2008 at 08:41 PM.

So, dare I ask, are you all prepared to do something about it at the next election?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Reel Nauti View Post
    So, dare I ask, are you all prepared to do something about it at the next election?

Dave
    but Dave, what's the alternative? The other mob couldn't boil water without having a party room brawl over who's going to fill the kettle. The current mob are only in government because there is no alternative. Give to Ceaser what is Ceaser's, but if the increased boat rego it's just a tax grab or revenue raiser to fund health or some other govt spending area, like the fed govt tax grab on the kids electric milk drinks, then the monkey is on their back. Sure we may have to pay more to rego our mistress, but if the revenue isn't feedback into ramp etc improvements, then the shame of it is on their head. I'd rather walk tall, shame free & pay the extra then have to look myself in the mirror knowing I've lied.

We are Australian

Not Since the Eurika Stockade have we stood up as a Country and Told the Government of the Day what we want.
    Today there are too many minority groups that Governments listern to.

If you want to be herd you need to make a noise, and you need to be seen.

Oranise people under a common Ideal and go for it, after all our Great Grandfathers did.

Take fuel costs

If we all, as Australians, stuck together, and only bought fuel from ONE Company for One week, we may force Other Fuel Companies to reduce their price to entice us back

Rob T

I wonder what would happen if each and every one of us just simply refused to pay the next rego bill?

What is the fine? I'm sure we could set up a fighting fund to pay the fines for a while, and send a pretty loud message to these twits.
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

I would love to wipe the smirk from the face of the treasurer, he is a snivelling nose little turd, teachers pet. I wouldn’t have thrown water on peter Bettie or him, I would have thrown a bucket of shit. As I said before in another post, let’s all get together and drive right into the heart of Brisbane and park our cars and boats in the middle of the street, get out and walk away. That will get more attention than anything else. This labour party dictator ship has put this state in more debt than any other premier. They have driven the cost of living up more then any other. They have become so arrogant and out of touch it makes me sick to the gut. Our old Mate Peter Bettie has a new government job, $300,000 per year tax free. Jobs for the mates. LABOUR SUX.

Stu

I remember as a young soldier in Aden, reading about Rosa Park refusing to give up her seat to a white man on Montgomery''s segregated buses. I'd just got back from a patrol where we'd kicked the crap out of some "desert bunnies" just because they were Arab. That story made me feel so ashamed and for the first time in my life, I became politically aware of the power of the people.

What and how is it, that a civilised populace such as Australia has, can take such crap from it's pollies and their policies, when a society of semi illiterate suppressed blacks, can rise up, and refuse to ride on the white man's buses? The hardship that it entailed, in them having to get to work etc was untold. Only through their hardship (and the beatings they took from the police) did they remove the segregation on the buses. It was the start of the Black Civil Rights Movement that led to their emancipation............started by one little black lady standing up to a white bully.

Us? We just take it. The number of times we hear of gravy trains and expenses rorts and nobody does a bloody thing about it!

"She'll be right mate"......................no she bloody won't! It's about time the Australian public stopped taking it on the chin and stood up for themselves. Picking the lesser of two evils (Liberal/labor) ain't going to solve anything. Jeez, they even spell Labo(u)r as if we were another state of the US.

Times are getting harder and will culminate in some huge upheavals. Folk have to make up their mind now where they stand before the tsunami hits 'cause it looks to me like there's a big one coming............lambs to the slaughter or are we going to be like Rosa Parks and be counted?

If you don't like what they're doing, then think about the alternatives to voting. For what it's worth, IMHO there's been more gained in the world through civil disobedience than could ever be gained through a ballot box, when the choice of that box is the lesser of two evils. If you don't like 'em, then don't participate in their games. If there's enough of us, they can't prosecute us all

Are we pussy cats or Lions? God how I wish I was younger!

kev
    Last edited by kingtin; 31-05-2008 at 01:24 PM.

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

OK, so is it the time we really DID start to organise some sort of protest action? Is this the right forum for us to get it started?

I love the idea of 500 cars with trailers bogging up the city one Saturday for a start. I'm happy to be involved in the organisation of such an event, with assistance!

We have to stop complaining about this and do something about it. Otherwise we are just wingeing.
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

We could organise a rally, we could all converge on Parliament House at peak hour, we could get out of cars and walk away. Yes we can organise to have the media there, the Premier might even come out and address the crowd.

While we're illegally parked we will be booked, Bligh would bathe us in condescending empathy, and at the end of the day we all go home and watch it on TV.

Next day, it's over, except for the fines.

I understand the frustration, but I think the way to go is for the govt to be inundated with letters of complaint, or a petition signed by thousands. Local members approached etc.

Dave

Its a shame some of you blokes didn't put in this sort of an effort when we workers were going to lose all your working conditions under the last government ,imagine the crying you would have been doing if on top of whats happening rate rises , fuel costs ,the price of food ,electricity going up just to name a few you had have lost your wages and conditions . And if you think it would have been better under a liberal government then you are DREAMING i was one of the people who protested about worstchoices and am proud to have done my part toward the demize of that little t##d . I believe theboat rego increase is minor if you want to get some sort of a protest going make it for something worthwhile .I hope i haven't rubbed anyone up the wrong way but thats my opinion and i am intitled to it ...matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

increase of 15 scobes for my tinny once a year, a little bit over a dollar a month, if that streches the pocket, not sure you can afford a boat, and those who have a boat 20 m plus, am sure you can afford an extra couple of hungy for rego, hope the money gets filtered into upgrades of our favourite luanching facillitys, i think the price of fuel is more a problem for the boat owner than a meager 15 bucks every 12 months.

The original Courier Mail article also contained these couple of lines.
    "However, Treasury sources said the registration fees were still lower than 1997-1998 levels.
    They were slashed in late 1998 to bring them into line with the rest of Australia."

Interesting that the opposition calls it a cash grab as the rego fees rose steadily under the Nats before the Beattie gov shashed them in their 1st term.

$360 for 20mts+, I think most would agree they won't notice it and the only 2 guys I know that fit this category will claim it on tax anyway.
    $15 for 4.5mts and under (60% of reg boats) If it's spent where it's meant to be I have no problem with that. Pinkenba is earmarked for a desperately needed multi million $ rebuild.

clarification:

My response was not in relation to whether rego should or should not be increased but was an attemp to illustrate that we can gob off all we want about what affects us but the truth of the matter is the majority nowadays seems to prefer gobbing off to actually doing something about it.

If some of us visited Fortitude Valley in the evenings and saw the kids selling their arses just to keep warm or have a feed, then I'm sure a rego increase would seem pretty insignificant.

Solve the major problems and the others will fall into line.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.