Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Counting to ten..it's over...I hope

Re: Counting to ten !!!

He did mention the surface of the block, now that you reminded me....

I see what you mean about now having a ' second hand head ". certainly food for thought there.

I will ask around about the head shaving.. it is a alloy composite head I believe... I can find out.

Thanks
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Called mech today 12.15pm. He has looked and tested bores etc as this was part of the requirement for him to do, when he placed a warranty claim with the Head supplier. All is good.

He has head, will face it today and get it ready for fitting Monday. New VRS, head bolts etc.

The head IS a genuine Nissan product but not from Nissan. The story goes along the lines of Nissan has stopped making this model engines so offers the spare parts up for bulk sale. The head supplier bought shitloads. Ended up being cheaper than buying from Nissan.

Mech suggestion to add Low Water Buzzer to top of radiator tank for peace of mind.

Mech also stated that he has heard of other '; heads ' not being right from the factory, not common, but I am not alone. Mech also stated that I will know if there is going to be an issue within the first couple of weeks of getting the truck back.

I see light at the end of the very long tunnel.

I will then be in a quandry.

I will have a vehicle that has endured many ' issues ' but in reality is in tip top shape with many $'s of extras added. So, do I sell it off and hope the next vehicle ( if it is second hand ) does not have similar problems, or do I persist knowing that just about every part of the vehicle has been upgraded or replaced over the last couple of years and in fact should provide many many more years trouble free running .

I started to add up the extras..... dollar wise,, and holy crap... there has been some big chunks of lettuce spent on the Nissan. Never get my money back, but it would make a great vehicle for someone that wants to hit the road running.. dirt road that is.

bring on Monday.................

phill
    Phill provided they get it right this time and have done everything correctly there is no reason why the Navara won't come up like new. After all she has been through I would personally keep it especially after the expenditure.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Thing is the Brand new ones are 33k plus onroads.... not bad.

But I would get bugga all as a trade in. As for a private sale, jeez, a near to fully optioned 3ltr turbo diesel dual cab with 190k's on the dial.....

Reason is, dealers don't like all the " crap " on the car.

ARB Bar
    T-Max winch
    IPF Floods
    135ltr fuel tank
    Alloy Tray
    Colorbond/ vinyl canopy with ladder racks and internal lighting
    Water tank
    3000kg tow bar
    Dual battery w/ electric isolator
    Safari Snorkel
    UHF
    Doof Doof with 4 speakers
    Sheep skins
    Rear flood lighting
    CSA Villian 15 x 8 mags
    Cooper 31 x 10.5 ATR's
    Color Coded front flares
    Turbo Boost gauge
    Fully kitted recovery box, bolted in.

and did I mention it was a Nissan

bruce

In the last 12 months ( all was fine until recently) my Paj has had
    • New Timing chain and head work 2K
    • New clutch and pressure plate $1200
    • 4 new ATR cooper tyres and idler arm, other bits I can't remember the names $1500
    • Reco Alternator I forget how much
    • Water pump Don't want to know
    • Fuel pump another $1100
    • New shocks before EFY
    Do you think I am selling it for the sake of another 2nd hand 4WD? Or go totally new where my monthly repayments will still be more than all these expenses totalled up, and averaged over the 4 years since I paid the residual out on the lease? Try find a better condition turbo Deisel Pajero for approx $145.00 per month and I think that is my answer. There will come a time when market value will be less than the amount of expense to keep it on the road, but I don't think either of us have reached that point.. Or have you Phil?

Keep it Bruce

Scalem

Tuesday 17th in the arvo at 5.32pm and still no word, no call, no update, no nuffin.... This officially makes it ONE MONTH..................

bruce

I would be sending them my first "time and car hire" invoice!.

Cheers

Dave

Tuesday 17th in the arvo at 5.32pm and still no word, no call, no update, no nuffin.... This officially makes it ONE MONTH..................
    bruce
    I think they have done it up and sold it by now Bruce. They obviously think they can string you along for at least another year so you won't miss it. By next month they will be holidaying in the Bahama's at your expense.

Poodroo

Quote Originally Posted by Poodroo View Post
    I think they have done it up and sold it by now Bruce. They obviously think they can string you along for at least another year so you won't miss it. By next month they will be holidaying in the Bahama's at your expense.

Poodroo
    Agreed. Mate, you have way too much self control. You must be sick of getting nailed by Businesses that see you as a soft touch. I'll buy you a loin cloth and a big stick and give you some cave man lessons. You need 'em

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Today ( thursday 19th ) at 2pm I couldn't wait so I phoned mech.

He told me I should have the Nissan back tomorrow arvo ( Friday 20th ). OK,, you may think that is good news....

I asked again about the head and he said that the supplier told him it was 6thou out using a straight edge. He then said that the supplier used this on the head with still some gasket left there. Once he tested it, he ( mech ) found a 3thou bow. So he ' faced it ". he also did a hardness test and the heat tab he placed on the head does not indicate any cooking or heat. he has replaced the insert and pressure tested it, seems ' OK ". The cam " things " are straight.

When I asked for his honest opinion of what to expect... he replied " wait and see ". " If it is OK after a month, it should be fine "...

Well folks,,,,, that's my warranty for a $5,600 repair " wait and see " " should be fine " FFS !!!

I did mention to him that the head is now secondhand as it has work done on it... but he wouldn't have a bar of that, insisting that the casting is only 3 months old.

He then goes on to tell me that, should the head create problems, I should take it to the supplier............. WHY ? " you did the job ", " reply... " yes but they insist there is no problem ". Well, they have already dismissed a warranty claim, so why would they entertain me in regard to further issues ?

OK.... I contacted radiator mob, and they will install low water alert system when I get the car back. They are good to deal with... very good.

So, being Thursday night and I am getting up at 3.30am to go fishing ( yes, someone has to do it ),,, I will hit the sack fairly soon.

I may have a Nissan tomorrow arvo

bruce.....aka.............. expectant phill

Phil,

I know a Landy going cheep. Tows well and only driven by a little old lady on Sunday's

whats the latest Phil, did ya do yourself a favour and buy bretts landie
    cheers
    blaze

No Robbie, but mech phoned me at 4.45pm this arvo asking if i was in the area so I can pick up the Nissan. Knowing full well that I was going to Gatton to work and had to be there by 5pm.

So it has been arranged to be picked up tomorrow ( saturday 21st ) and he asked " can you pick it up before midday ? ".... ffftttttt

Still deciding whether to keep the Nissan or trade it.

NO,, no landies for this little black duck...

bruce

Hope everything works out well for you. Don't worry.....you'll always be Lucky_Phil to us.

No Robbie, but mech phoned me at 4.45pm this arvo asking if i was in the area so I can pick up the Nissan. Knowing full well that I was going to Gatton to work and had to be there by 5pm.

So it has been arranged to be picked up tomorrow ( saturday 21st ) and he asked " can you pick it up before midday ? ".... ffftttttt

bruce
    play him at his game , borrow the car offered earlier and dont ring him and leave the car there for a bit

bruce
    I'd leave the Nissan there at his workshop for a week not just to see how he likes waiting.
    Glad that there is finally signs of closure on this for you Phill because every time I looked at this thread my blood raised in temperature at least by 10 degrees. I still don't know how you remained so calm through it for so long but it is a credit to you. I'd have lost it ages ago.

Cheers,

Poodroo