Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 4x4 picture thread

Re: 4x4 picture thread

Very good work to get that F truck... ? dodge ??? Chevy up to the cape.

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Its a GMC or same as a chevy , the only difference is the grill
    Craig

Team - after a few 4x4's over the years, I have finally got an 80 Series FACTORY Turbo Diesel GXL.

I'll see how I go with pictures of the 4x4's over the years.

1st 4x4 - 2000 Triton Club Cab v6 - long travel shocks, sports exhaust, 31" BFG AT's (not in picture), Steel bar, custom tray racks for tinny, kickin' stereo system, Ciebe spotties.

2nd 4x4 - 1987 Landcruiser Troopy 2H diesel slug - only basic bolt-ons, rear draws, dual fuel tanks, steel bar, Ciebe spotties, roof rack, 31" Super Diggers, dual batteries.

3rd 4x4 - 1991 Landcruiser 80 Series Standard 1HZ diesel - only a couple of bolt on extras, UHF, IPF spotties, rear wheel carrier, roof rack (not in picture), 31" Silverstone AT's, dual batteries.

4th and current - 1994 Landcruiser 80 Series GXL Turbo Diesel, all the fruit. 4inch front lift, 5 inch rear lift, Snake racing suspension lift kits, Tough Dog 9 way adjustible shocks, 150L sub fuel tank + 90L main, rear wheel carrier, dual batteries, headlight H4 upgrade, custome frant winch bar, Warn winch with 50M plasma rope, Lightforce 240's, UHF, Rear draws, Cargo Barrier, full length roof rack (not in picture), 33" BFG Muddies, 3" mandrel bent exhaust, part time 4x4 kit with front diff locker. Other stuff butI can't reall it all without looking at my paperwork.

The current vehicle is a bit of a weapon, great to drive on road or off. Last tank returned 13.2L/100km mixed highway and town driving.

Cheers.

Ed.

2006 GU4 Patrol 4.2TDi
    1. 2 Inch Suspension Lift, King Springs with Series 2000 XGS Shocks plus 15mm coil spacers front and rear. 3 degree castor correction bushes.
    2. Rear Poly Air Bags
    3. Black Widow Draws with Partion, Top Shelf and Fridge Slide
    4. ARB Air Compressor and Front ARB Air Locker
    5. 3in Mandrel Bent Hi-Flow Exhaust and Dump Pipe
    6. Tradesman Roof Rack with 3mtr Roll out awning and Kaymar Post Hole shovel and Wallaby Jack holder.
    7. Roof Centre console (Department of the Interior) with Uniden GPS105 UHF Radio - awesome radio
    8. AE 4705/4706 UHF Aerial
    9. Dual Battery system 105 Amphr Deep Cycle Battery with 2 controllers making it a 3 stage system to charge Kimberley Kamper Batteries.
    10. Safari Snorkel
    11. Replaced both tanks with 145lt Main and 70lt Sub.
    12. Nissan installed Steel Bullbar and Tow Pack.
    13. 285/70R17 BFG Muddies
    13. Kaymar rear wheel spacer and work light. Work light wired to reversing lights and has in cab 3 way switch.
    14. Dash mounted Magellan Explorist 600 GPS
    15. Rear Door Fold Down Table
    16. Rear Door hinge extension so small door fully opens to 90deg.
    17. Extended Diff Breathers
    18. Black Widow rear seat false floor supporting 2nd 40lt Engel and Black Widow 3 Jerry Can Holder(Water only)
    19. Navman F20 for Street Navigation with external aerial......
    20. Second Air compressor - Bushranger Maxi-Air.......
    21. Lightforce XGT's
    22. Cheezy Rock Slider Steps
    23. Takla seat pocket bag
    24. Custom made Sheepskin seat cover for the front seats
    25. Fat Boy Headlight replacement Bulbs......
    26. Michells Sac rear canvas seat covers...
    27. Warn XP9500lb Winch
    28. OL Dual Wheel Carrier
    29. AVM Free Wheeling Hubs - Got rid of the Auto Hubs
    30. Michells sacs Roof Top Bag

Lol, Teabag loves his truck! Very nice machine!

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Teabag, that is one hell-of-a-serious looking vehicle.
    Well done in getting it up to spec like that... nice snaps!

The last 4WD I owned in Oz was a 1984 2.0l petrol Diahatsu Rocky LWB and boy, did I take it places. Did Fraser 3 times including the run from Noosa up to Inskip (fully loaded with 4 blokes plus gear for a week).

Did Stockton beach plenty of times plus loads of NSW beaches from Newcastle to Ballina. Sold it 10 years ago for $3000 but it did have a bit of rust here & there from all the salt water. And the amount of beach fishing I did in those days...whooey!

I've been working overseas for a few years now. Currently I own a 2005 Ford Mercury Mountaineer 4.0l petrol (like a Ford Explorer). Our second vehicle is a 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.7l (both are autos)

We're located near Dubai but haven't really done any serious desert driving. We have done a few trips off road in the sand, but not too far from designated tracks for fear of bogging down in the desert in the middle of nowhere.

That happened to a mate of mine and he was stranded between a couple of massive sand dunes. He hadn't let the tyre pressure down enough in his 3.0l Pajero. He ended up phoning the police who came to the rescue in their Nissan Pathfinder (5 seat version) & they towed him out.

The locals round here blast off into the desert regularly in near new hummers, patrols, Toyota FJs & landcruisers mostly. Another popular one for the sand is the Toyota Fortuna 4.0l SR5 petrol but I'm not sure what the equivalent would be in Oz.

They look a bit like a modern day, glorified Hilux Surf. Pity the steering wheel is on the wrong side over here or I'd buy something to ship back with me.

Can't wait to get back onto ozzie soil again so I can re-live those old beach driving days. Probably end up getting a Pajero as pretty good value for bucks.

(SORRY,,,,no pics to post of me in the desert - I know this is supposed to be a pic thread)

Thanks to everyone who HAS posted pics as they've been great to see.

bump^^^^^^^^^^

Traded up on a new second hand chev from my GMC longbed to a silverado shortbed yesterday . Thought i'd put a pic up while its shiney and before the lackies haven't trashed it.
    Craig

Ok Finally gunna throw up some Pics Of me and sum mates Fourbies... STUCK and UNSTUCK.. Mines The Hilux With 33's And 2 inch lift...Still working on it.

Any one guess Where The extremly stuck pics are??
    "True Blue"

That looks like some serious fun no one is guessing so give up the goods...lol

Yeah it is pretty fun.. Try to make it an often event... In the background of the pics You will see Coochin Creek.. There's a bush bash track off Roy's road then its like 80m of slop marsh mud.. which only the best will make it Threw.
    "True Blue"

Here's some pic's and a small vid from Last weekend at Ormeau...

Nice 1 BigDonk . Ahh ormeau

This 1 is called the boat ramp (I dont know where it is though)..

Bumpppp....
    "True Blue"

Here is my little beast again, this one is from September Fraser Trip.