Thread: Woodwork Rod Handle

Woodwork Rod Handle

Just like to share with everyone a handle given to me by my husband.
    This was one very well kept secret between Owen, Doc and the maker Mark Blambaum and was given to me while at the Fred Hall Boat and Tackle show.
    The handle is made out of Maple, Walnut, Bocote, Bloodwood and aluminum trim which is from a beer can.
    I don't see any blood ever getting near this beautiful piece of art.
    cheers
    sandyd

Re: Woodwork Rod Handle

Hi Sandyd it certainly is a geat piece owen is very lucky, like to see the finished pics when it is on a nice blank. cheers storchy

G'Day Sandyd... yeah ok then... I suppose if you ask really nicely and you twist my arm enough...I would probably swap it for something.... ha ha ha... how spoilt are you?????..... bloody hell... wait until I get to speak with that Owen...sure beats my buying the wife a new pair of slippers and a new iron....( I'm not allowed to buy her any new nighties...apparently the ones I pick lack sufficent material )....
    I'd say well done Owen....now I'm gunna have to buy my wife a new Saltiga reel for our anniversary....
    That Handle is exceptional....now that should be in the china cupboard!!...not ceramic ladies with prams...
    robbie

Spoilt who me????/

Swap, what you talking about there Robbie.

I was lucky enough to also pick up a Shimano Calcutta TE 200DC, these are real little gems they have 11 bearings 5.0.1 gear ratio with digital control brake, I know have to make a rod to suit. Owen got himself an Accurate reel, very nice as it is hand built and not from a cast mould it runs so smoothly as does mine.
    Last edited by sandyd; 30-03-2008 at 04:07 PM.
    cheers
    sandyd

And a Calcutta 200DC...OMG!!... just how spoilt are you?????..... bloody hell... I had to sell my heart and soul ( not to mention back rubs for the next 10yrs ).. to get one of those... ....they are a great reel Sandyd... I love mine... although I'm only 3months...4 days...9hrs...23sec into my hard labour....next on the list is a 250DC... then a Calais DC.... then a Trinidad DC... hmmmm..maybe I need more wives???.....ha ha ha...not bloody likely!!!....taken nearly 20yrs training this one... ..... I'm starting to think tho that Owen may have put the "whites" in with the "reds" in the washing.... you missing any new white tops Sandyd??...sudenly got some new "pink" tops you never thought you had??.... ...
    Anyway.... I guess if you throw the reel in with the handle.... I'm sure I can find some figurines here somewhere that you'd love..... ....

Some people are just soooooooo spoilt!!!!!..... ha ha ha..
    robbie

what an exceptianal piece of workmanship !!! once mounted on a blank...yep china cabinet for sure...or the mantle piece..or maybe a creek..or...sorry..its ALL about fishing !

nice one Owen !!! like you style buddy !

That's a really amazing piece of work Sandy.

I would be proud to own something like that, I hope you occasionally bring it out and fish with it.

Can't wait to see it when I'm up your way next.

roz.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Sandy I tried to get customs to seize it for me when you came back. Glad you and Owen had a ball, I know Doc did, I thought you guys were going to make it to the RBW.

Myles

Smile Re: Woodwork Rod Handle

And...all I got was a bunch of beercans....and empty ones, at that !!..

ML...

Very nice! I might have to start making some for myself

Quote Originally Posted by txlady View Post

ML...
    Marylou you have no idea of the suffering I had to go through to arrange those empty beer cans!
    First of all, Sandy had to go buy the beer.
    Then when she put them in the fridge and they were cold enough I had to drink them!!!
    Then Sandy had to pack them in such a manner as airport baggage handlers didn't damage them (didn't work).
    I'm telling you, the stress of it all is near enough to drive a man to drink
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Wink Re: Woodwork Rod Handle

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Marylou you have no idea of the suffering I had to go through to arrange those empty beer cans!
    First of all, Sandy had to go buy the beer.
    Then when she put them in the fridge and they were cold enough I had to drink them!!!
    Then Sandy had to pack them in such a manner as airport baggage handlers didn't damage them (didn't work).
    I'm telling you, the stress of it all is near enough to drive a man to drink
    Owen.....
    I know it had to be a hard job....but someone had to do it !!!

MaryLou...

Myles so you are responsible for Owen's talking stick being confiscated, he will never forgive you for that not sure why though.
    And yes we had a ball, I think for the first time we did not want to come home as we had not seen enough and really would have loved to spend more time with the group. Next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
    Sandy I tried to get customs to seize it for me when you came back. Glad you and Owen had a ball, I know Doc did, I thought you guys were going to make it to the RBW.

Myles
    cheers
    sandyd

Now Marylou you should be careful of what you say you never know what you will find in the mail next.

We got Doc and Vicki on the Bundaberg rum which from what I can make out is not exported overseas. Ask them what they think and how there addiction is going.

Yes and poor poor Owen the things he does for people what would we do with out him.
    Hope you can do something with those cans.

Quote Originally Posted by txlady View Post

ML...
    Last edited by sandyd; 08-04-2008 at 06:18 AM.
    cheers
    sandyd