Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green Zone speaker at VMR Brisbane

Re: Green Zone speaker at VMR Brisbane

How can he tell us about the new Green Zones and new bag limits?
    These things are supposedly in the review process at the moment. It looks like they skipped the chore of reading and anayzing our responses and have decided to push the proposals through.
    At least they could have pretended and kept quiet for a while
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Yuppers - he was the guy at the Eagle Farm rally.

I have had quite a pressing family issue come up which will prohibit me from attending. Sorry guys.
    Last edited by Chris Ryan; 23-04-2008 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Change in plans
    Cheers,
    Chris

I will hunt down those with ausfish shirts. I am yet to buy one (although it is coming real soon).

My thoughts and feelings on last night.

Firstly it was nice to meet a couple of new AusFish faces and have a quick chat to them, then let the fun begin.

It felt like we should of all of been given pineapples at the start of the discussion. We were spoken to, not discussed with, the changes happening in the Bay. When we finally interupted the pre-rehearsed speech to ask questions, we got round about answers.

In all, we will not see the final submission before it is LAW. We will not know where the lines of each zones are, and he had no answers about how we were suppose to know, except, it is on the map. There will be an amnesty period by the partols to say, you are in the wrong spot, but, it will be short and sweet.

The man was short on facts, full of hot air, and limited in his responce or patience to answering our questions. He didn't like to be put on the spot, nor did he like to be questioned by one of the Local wives of a Prawn Trawler operator.

In all it was a good night to meet some new AusFish faces, and to feel the sharp thorns of the pineapple being inserted by the EPA.

I look forward to seeing Captain Bligh and her ship of Fools sink at the next election if they don't listen to the submissions and suggestions put in against the changes.

Harry
    Last edited by harry_h01; 24-04-2008 at 08:05 AM.
    I love the sound of reels screaming in the morning

Sorry Blokes about how it is turning out, same outcome as on the GBR, there was never any chance of decency shining through, whatever regional populace cops it next time be assured they will handle it the same way and loose all as a result, they are lucky we on the whole are a apathetic and non proactive bunch.

cheers fnq
    Last edited by FNQCairns; 24-04-2008 at 08:23 AM.

glad i didn't go..that guy is great with his mouth and pathetic with his ears..he does not give a rats what anyone wants to know..all he does is recite the EPA creed. If he keeps saying the same things oftne enough he may even start to believe it soon.

Amnesty period?? no one will police the green zones and ..if they do catch me..I won't have a GPS on board anyway so they can buy me one if they want.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    glad i didn't go..that guy is great with his mouth and pathetic with his ears..he does not give a rats what anyone wants to know..all he does is recite the EPA creed. If he keeps saying the same things oftne enough he may even start to believe it soon.
    Quite a detailed description from some one who didn't go Greg.

Sorry I couldn't get there lads. My brother broke his ankle badly so had to miss it.

The speaker of the night, Mr Shooter is a long time Labor member. He was running in the State Elections (in 2001 up against Mike Horan (National)) and was the Assistant General Secretary for the Party in Qld.

Some interesting reading on him if you google it.

It is no wonder he is in a senior advisory role to the Minister in the most powerful government department in QLD and is the public workhound. He is so experienced in this directing and conducting issues in politics.

Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

Yeah its a shame you couldn't make it Chris. I thought you did a great job at putting him on the spot at the Eagle Farm rally. Needless to say, it was the exact same rubbish that he put foward at Eagle Farm, and once again he was unable to answer specifics about the area, ie he had no idea at all.

What I did find interesting was that Vicki Darling made a submission. She said that she is happy to make it available, so I might try track it down.

Quote Originally Posted by M62 View Post
    Quite a detailed description from some one who didn't go Greg.
    he was the same bloke that was at the Eagle Farm rally and would not answer my question..so what was the point of going and listening to his drivel again.