Thread: New rods

New rods

G'Day all just posting some pics of the new rods i have been building hope you like them, i am still experimenting with the binding colours etc i will put the question to all fellow rod builders how do you choose what colour combinations is it your own favourite colours etc does the colour of the blank or what colour you think you will do the wrap etc any way hope you like what i have done cheers storchy

Re: New rods

Very, very nice Storchy...pretty serious looking gear you've built there.

Well done

Ken

Bloody nice job Storchy!!!....you can bind a few up for me if you like!!!...ha ha ha...sorry I can't help with the colour thing mate...misus has banned me from ever picking any colours for anything ever again!!!....apparently I'm not real good at that sort of thing....but I dunno....I reckon denim jeans goes with everything...Owen might be the guy to ask.... I reckon he might be into fashion stuff....I've heard he shops at spot light alot...so he'd be in the know....ha ha ha...

Nice job Storchy.
    Like most blokes I'm pretty inept at choosing colours.
    I just hold rolls of thread up till I see something I like.
    Then I ask Sandy
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

thanks all i am trying real hard with the colour thing try to be a little different and do something you could put up on the wall and admire as well as take it out load it up on huge fish and go for broke, i will come and see you about wrapping a barra on it for me robbie, cheeers storchy

i personally liek something asthetically pleasing, i do a lot of my personal rods to match the reel that it being matched with...
    Jut finished my new bream rod using a GUSA blank from Hastings, which has a pinky metallic in the clear coat over the plum base coat. So i trimmed in Gudebrod Fushia to match it..looks awsome !

then i get customers that want their fav. footy team colours ect. so its endless really ! all down to taste..or in some cases lack thereoff ! lol

sounds like a great colour scheme hotrods put some pics up when you get time for us to look at, cheers storchy

Nice job and the colours don't look bad at all.

To chose colours all comes down to personal preference but for ideas as said by Hotrod sporting teams is one way of getting ideas another is at your local paint shop they have cards with different combinations of colours.
    cheers
    sandyd

Good stuff there storchy. I try to use colors that don't have the same weight. By weight i mean if you imagine colors in a gray scale say navy being a dk gray and yellow being a lt gray. The more two colors are the same the more they loose their contrast.

Sometimes less is more, lets say you put on holographic guides well then you wouldn't to do your binding in holographic thread. Best to use plain ole black to let the guide speak for itself. I don't like my rods to be to "busy"

This is what works for me. But everyone has their own taste.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

Quote Originally Posted by HOTRODS View Post
    i personally liek something asthetically pleasing, i do a lot of my personal rods to match the reel that it being matched with...
    Jut finished my new bream rod using a GUSA blank from Hastings, which has a pinky metallic in the clear coat over the plum base coat. So i trimmed in Gudebrod Fushia to match it..looks awsome !

then i get customers that want their fav. footy team colours ect. so its endless really ! all down to taste..or in some cases lack thereoff ! lol
    HotRods you got a pic of this hastings? I have built a few but never used fushia so am interested in how it looks

OOps just saw it.. the bream stick yeah?

tup, that the one Crafty...

doing up a NativeCast today along the less is more line...black EVA with chrome checks, will sport a Daiwa CV-X (the chrome one) and Blue NITLON braid...
    sooooo... black binding with primarily silver trim, spash of blue in the micro butt wrap and Blue Ring black frame guides...
    VERY asthetically pleasing...just hope the blue thread fades as the Braid will ! lol