Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bumper Stickers

Re: Bumper Stickers

Putting the URL on the sticker is pointless because people in the car behind you won't write it down and certainly won't remember it when they next get in front of a computer. Not saying don't put it on there, but don't expect it to generate traffic to the site.

The idea of bumper stickers of this nature is not to educate the public as much as it is to shame politicians. The Stop Netting Tailor campaign etc, is not designed to get Joe Average to write to the government, it's designed so that the pollies see them as they are driving around, or hear about them from staff, friends (assuming they have any) etc. See enough of them and it starts to have an impact.

That's why aiming the stickers squarely at Bligh or the EPA is the most effective form of message for the stickers.

I agree 100% Dave. Costs will dictate whether a 1 slogan or 2 slogan run so we can get multiple messages out there.

I like the GREEN ZONES DON'T STOP POLLUTION (neither does the EPA) one. Now, an image for Capn't Bligh.......... Aigusto and LGM are our two artists in residence

What can we come up with? A Green X across her forehead or mouth? maybe a puppet idea, with AMCS/Greens/Anti fishing groups pulling the strings?

Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

Direct approach -

"EPA GREEN ZONES=LIES"
    "GREEN ZONES DON'T WORK"
    "WHAT, USE SCIENCE?"
    "LABOR=NO LIFESTYLE"
    "IT WORKS NOW, DON'T FIX IT!"
    "BLIGH DOESN'T CARE"
    "It's really SUS-STAIN-inABILITY"
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryan View Post
    I agree 100% Dave. Costs will dictate whether a 1 slogan or 2 slogan run so we can get multiple messages out there.

I like the GREEN ZONES DON'T STOP POLLUTION (neither does the EPA) one. Now, an image for Capn't Bligh.......... Aigusto and LGM are our two artists in residence

What can we come up with? A Green X across her forehead or mouth? maybe a puppet idea, with AMCS/Greens/Anti fishing groups pulling the strings?

Chris
    dress her up like her forebear..the one from Bounty and rum rebellion infamy.

I'm happy to help out with a drawing of the Cap'n. Unless Aigustso has something else planned. Let me know Aigutso or Chris and I'll get stuck into it.

Did this one a while ago, but she's cut her hair and has grown meaner looking in the past few weeks. must be all the pressure from those stinkin greens and there constant....you owe us...you owe us big time missy !!!

If you want one I'll make sure it looks a lot more like her, not just a goofy cartoon.
    Last edited by Little grey men; 20-02-2008 at 12:33 PM. Reason: added pic

Go for it mate. Aigusto is helping with a logo/icon/mascot for us so sharing the load is worthwhile.
    Cheers,
    Chris

All,

I've asked a mate to price the stickers for us. If someone is already getting prices etc or if I'm stepping on someone toes just let me know - no need to be subtle.

At this stage he is looking at 4 versions of a similar design. They will probably be full colour in vinyl and the rough size is 250mm x 70mm depending on what the printer uses for his stock.

The initial run would be 1,500 sets of 4 (ie 6,000) and after that the reprinting is just materials and time.

He will also prepare the artwork and pre-print stuff.

His time would be free, I owe him a fishing trip, but need to pay the printer.

Personally I'm not that excited about images on bumper stickers unless they are simple. Some sort of logo for "Save Our Bay" would be better I believe - just my 2 cents.

Biggest problem here will be getting concensus within a reasonable timeframe.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Lapras View Post
    Personally I'm not that excited about images on bumper stickers unless they are simple. Some sort of logo for "Save Our Bay" would be better I believe - just my 2 cents.
    After seeing the sketch from "Little Grey Men" I take it all back!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryan View Post
    Go for it mate. Aigusto is helping with a logo/icon/mascot for us so sharing the load is worthwhile.
    I'm sharpening my pencil now

Quote Originally Posted by Lapras View Post
    All,

I've asked a mate to price the stickers for us. If someone is already getting prices etc or if I'm stepping on someone toes just let me know - no need to be subtle.
    frame.
    No toes trod on here. Good on you Dave.

I like the "GREEN ZONES DON'T STOP POLLUTION (neither does the EPA)" as well. Tells the story pretty effectively.
    A fish in the background with Bligh may be handy.

People should be able to read the web address on the sticker when they are stuck in the traffic which is happening more and more these days.
    Chers
    Stue

LGM, sharpen that pencil mate and go for it I reckon, for print will need more solid line but im sure for your clear talent you know the drill on this, im looking at logos as well and other stuff

mike
    Tangles KFC

Bad news on the prices, I'll look into alternatives - but it did come with a nice ditty.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by private e-mail
    Hey Dave ... mate ... my news is all bad, sorry !
    Bumper stickers are Uv vinyl and ink.
    To print them digitally at the proposed numbers (6000) at the proposed size of around 250 x 65, would cost roughly $9000 .... !
    Digital press' work on linear metres and are only efficient in small qty's. (hundreds)
    Next option : Several top end printers have a UV offset press which prints vinyl.
    The quote below is from a trade printer.
    The quote for the stickers is as follows.
    UV Stickers 210 x 50mm
    250 x $475.00 each kind
    500 x $565.00 each kind
    1000 x $600.00 each kind
    2000 x $839.00 each kind
    The cost includes cutting to individual items on a white UV vinyl. Includes tax
    Turnaround time is 14 working days (sometimes can take a few extra days).

And as indicated above, turnaround is 2 weeks and not cheap !

Anyway,

protecting the bay from the epa
    means I'll get to fish one day
    even if I pay and pay
    at least I've had my say today

M

Here's some artwork,
    Hey Aigutso, do you want me to thicken the lines on the first one? I thought I'd keep it sort of compact to squeeze it at the end of the lettering.
    I put the second pic up cause I thought you might get a kick out of it. Got bored last night so I drew a couple of them.
    I can't scan these images ( these are daggy photos ) so if you need the originals give me a yell and I'll get them to wherever ASAP.

LOL - mate you are a legend! They are great. Love the parrot sketch!
    Cheers,
    Chris

How good is that parrot. Poetry in motion. Excellent stuff.

Hey Chris, when can we start throwing in towards the costs. Hopefully it wont take us too long to get some coin together.

Cheers
    Stue