Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: River Rally - Post Moretum

Re: We made the Courier Mail Online site

Yeah, the bloke in the tinny with the bimini is quite a handsome devil

Quote Originally Posted by baitwaster View Post
    Was good to meet you on the water yesterday. I guess you will be buying a copy of the Courier Mail this morning too eh?

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Re: River Rally - Post Moretum

Chris I guess there are already ideas in fruition about the next time but I would like to make a suggestion if we are to do another rally on the water. I think they are a great idea because at least we do not have traffic and traffic lights to split us up. My suggestion for the next one would be to let all of the smaller boats ie: tinnies etc to lead the pack. This way they will not have to endure such large wash from the larger boats which at times were very scary. We don't want to scare off any support from people all because they have smaller craft. If the big boats trail behind they can all handle the larger wash from themselves. Good idea or not?

Cheers,

Poodroo

Also, Can we have a register of boats that intend to participate in the event,
    This will help with resources ie: Marshalls etc

I am with you Poodroo, on the smaller boat idea, logistically it may be hard to organise unless they have a central meeting point on the water at a certain time.

You should have come an introduced yourself yesterday, I didn't who was in what boat.
    Barker Transport Logistic Services
    Transport Solutions for Every Job

For a fantastic adventure: www.mvwaiben.com

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/Waiben/

It goes without saying LOL.

Nice to catch up with you too. I hope you had a better time than I did in the washing machine. I've never had the tinnie in "outside" conditions on the brisbane river before.

Don't buy a copy of the paper, that'd give the Courier more money.
    It's a wonder they didn't make mention that you guys stirred up the river to an extent it killed 20 Dugong and thousands of little fishies

G'Day BW and Poodroo,

I think i was parked in front of you guys , white Formosa c/c. Was gonna come to the barbie and say g day but when i dropped the boat off the PC at home had packed it in and i couldnt get the address off the net.

Was a good day and i did learn a few things though.

Cheers

Mick
    Last edited by zigfreed; 11-02-2008 at 10:37 AM.

Poodroo ,
    I think that having the small boats lead out is a good idea .
    They would have been doing it real tough in that wash yesterday .
    Peter
    Searaider 2

Quote Originally Posted by baitwaster View Post
    He He with all the credibility of the Courier Mail well understood, I was thinking they had photo shopped a Dugong into the tinny

Nah handsome bloke for sure, not that I can tell the difference and not that there is anything wrong with that.

cheers fnq

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    He He with all the credibility of the Courier Mail well understood, I was thinking they had photo shopped a Dugong into the tinny

Nah handsome bloke for sure, not that I can tell the difference and not that there is anything wrong with that.

cheers fnq
    Don't say that about Dugongs because if they were that unfortunate in the loks department they'd have been culled right down. (Only kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by zigfreed View Post
    G'Day BW and Poodroo,

I think i was parked in front of you guys , white Formosa c/c. Was gonna come to the barbie and say g day but when i dropped the boat off the PC at home had packed it in and i couldnt get the address off the net.

Was a good day and i did learn a few things though.

Cheers

Mick
    Mick I may have caught you in a couple of my happy snaps. Will have to have a look. There were too many Ausfishers to meet and remember. I am bad with names at the best of times. Usually takes a few M&G's for me to start remembering names. Was good to catch up with Dazza (2DKnB) once again too.

Poodroo
    Last edited by Poodroo; 11-02-2008 at 01:51 PM.

Sounds good Poodroo.

I also like the register idea Brewguru. Will work on that for when we do the next thing........

......um, yes, the next thing.......mental blank this morning but it is a bit like the hangover from the night before. After months of organising and then it coming off so well with great tv coverage then to stop is bloody hard.

I also heard from Ch10, they apologised about not being there as the invitation email I sent out missed for some reason but they are dead keen to get involved if we do it again. So I need a head clearer day - nothing like work to do that - then see what we can come up with. With submissions closing 7th March we need to do it within 3 weeks......which may be hard.

Bring in the concepts peoples - no such thing as a silly suggestion other than the one you didn't make.

Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

Re: Views of the washing machine today

Quote Originally Posted by Poodroo View Post
    I would like some copies Kev but where are all the ones you took of my boat???? I saw you out there a few times and occasionally I would slip a wave in to get yours or Bridget's attention but short of crashing into you nothing was working. Lol. Was good to see you on the water and those are really professional class photos mate. You always manage to impress me and you have yet to show me that camera of yours.

Cheers,

Poodroo
    Mate, I'd brought the wrong glasses, so it was a bit of a struggle for me yesterday, trying to recognise who was who so my apologies to those that I didn't acknowledge. Bit of a nightmare, trying to get "flotilla" pics in that wash

One tip for anybody thinking of buying a digital slr is to research the "kit" lenses that are often bundled with the cameras.........they're invariably bottom of the range and let down what would otherwise be a decent camera. Buy body only if cost allows and seperate lenses. I'm disappointed with yesterdays pics due to using the lens bundled with the camera. If you look at some of the pics, you will see that there are no details in the clouds, (highlights burned out) and if the lens doesn't capture detail, no amount of tweaking in photoshop will bring it back............if it ain't there........it ain't there. That said, they're acceptable amateur shots but not acceptable if anyone is looking to make money from photography.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Well I was just given some numbers that make the eco-tourism dollar figure in that report look like petty cash. I am seeking permission to use them and will release a statement when this have been granted. Let's see if the CM has the guts to print it when it comes.

Needless to say I had to sit down when I heard them.

Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

Kev - just in case you missed me mate, I was the big ugly bastard on the microphone between the two politicians.

Thanks for you and Bridget & the kids making the effort mate. I appreciate it a hell of a lot.

Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Poodroo View Post
    T

The boat that was tied off with that jet boat was flying a little Australian flag

Poodroo
    Something to think about if you intend flying a flag on an aerial. As if arriving at the ramp on only 3 wheels wasn't bad enough, my aerial snapped. The surprising thing was that it snapped at the base, in the mounting and my flag wasn't particularly large.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.