Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boat Rally Flyer Ready to Download

Re: Boat Rally Flyer Ready to Download

I need to check with my accountant tomorrow before i committ to something for donations. Sorry but can you hold a day please?
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryan View Post
    I need to check with my accountant tomorrow before i committ to something for donations. Sorry but can you hold a day please?
    Hi Chris. How did you go with organizing things with the accountant? We need that account number so that we can financially assist you in any way we can. Please let us know.

Regards,

Poodroo

we are allways throwing out old banners here left over from confreces

not sure if you can print over the top but if you have a size in mind give my a bell

sizes vary from 20 meter square down to the smaller sizes

when you sort out the banking for donations [put me down for $50

cheers

what is happening with this rally? Less than two weeks to go, and the only publicity I am aware of is through ausfish. Where are the posters/flyers in tackle shops, boat yards, chandleries etc etc? Where are the emails? Ads in newspapers? Flyers on car windows at boat ramps? As an average rec fisho who has been to different tackle shops twice in the past couple of weeks (more than most?), I haven't seen anything about the rally.

Is this rally going to be another flop? 300 boats at the rally before the last State election, 100 or so at the rally in December, 50 or less on the water on the 10th? You guys need to ramp up the publicity BIG TIME if you want to make any impact.

Jeremy

Jeremy,

I understand the passion mate but there is no "guys" only guy here - this is done without financial backing from anyone. I am relying on those supporters here to help spread the word. I am getting to as many places as I can get to - but we all rely on one person to do the lot - then your result will be correct.

There was a problem with the posters which was my fault and I have rectified now and will have them ready for the weekend which I will be running around getting to stores etc. Ad's in papers cost money $7k for a half page in the CMail for example.

I do the best I can with what I have mate.

Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

Not having a go at you Chris, but we have to be realistic. I have offered my help to you previously and you said you would get back to me. Never happened. Maybe physical offers of help to promote the rally would be more valuable than the offers of $$ currently coming in?

There is a week to go FFS. How many are you expecting again?

Jeremy

I thought it was quite simple.

If one pops into a tackle shop, chandlery etc and sees NO flyer etc, then one would just go back to their car, grab a few they have printed off from this site and plonk them on the counter ( after asking permission of course ).

I have been mailing out info, putting posters up in various places, not just tackle shops and will be doing the windscreen wiper thing this weekend.

I know that many others are doing the same thing and as the date gets closer, expect to see more prominent displays.

We are getting air time on a AM radio station and look to get others invloved.

As for the advertising, Chris is right, with NIL funds to do this, it is an uphill battle, but if we share the costs ( print out our own posters ) and make a little effort to hand these out or leave them somewhere they will be noticed, then all will be good.

As you know Jeremy, for every one boat on the water, there are many more willing to vote, sign and stand up for the issue at hand. Numbers are a great media attracting tool and attention grabber for the cause, it also knocks on the pollies door, but in the end, those that attend or hand out posters are even tell their friends will be assured that someone IS doing Something.

SO, here is my challenge:-

This weekend attend a boat ramp, chandlery or tackle shop and handout flyers to at least 50 people. If they have questions, refer them to here or saveourbay.org.au or just answer their questions, We are all well informed here and know the truth.

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

I know Jeremy and I understand your point of view and apologise for not being in touch. No excuses other than I have taken too much on with this along with work and my new baby at home.

This rally has obviously suffered now because of these things and as it is too important a thing to have that happen. If someone wants to take up the remainder of this let me know as there is a fair bit of stuff that will need to be re-addressed let alone finished off.
    Cheers,
    Chris

I think the real problem here is that there are a lot of vocal people on here that talk the talk but don't walk the walk. I am amazed at what little response that the Available Seating Register thread is getting. I would have thought there would be loads of people wanting a lift with someone and lots of people with boats with available seats offering rides for those needing it. So far lots of people reading but not responding tells me that this is going to be an uphill battle unless we all get off our bums. I am REALLY battling health issues at the moment and am still planning on being there regardless unless I am hospitalized beforehand. Actions speak louder than words people so let's stop speaking and start doing. Chris has done an amazing job on his own and under extreme conditions with a newborn and heavy workload with his job. I really hope that there is really more support happening out there than what I can see on here on Ausfish. Good on you Phill as well for your input.

Poodroo

Probably a silly idea but just a thought. Wouldn't it be good if we could pick one of the proposed green zones and have enough boats to go to that particular green zone and totally fill it up with our boats? Will give them an idea of how many recreational fishermen and women they will be affecting.
    Last edited by Poodroo; 31-01-2008 at 08:58 PM.

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Poodroo...I agree..Chris has done a great job but judging from speaking to members from here and reading posts..most agree that the closures are a foregone conclusion...either the EPA closures or the MBAA closures...therefore if they have this attitude then they are not interested in protesting against anything...they have already given in.

Jeremy....what is your mate doing regarding this???? You know..the person that was fighting for his lifestyle, family and friends...seems all quiet on that front now...did the fight finish on 24.11.07???????

Pinhead, I can't speak for him and have not been in touch with him much. I know he has taken on a new job involving interstate travel which is taking alot of him time.

Jeremy