Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wooli Bar crossing

Wooli Bar crossing

Re: Wooli Bar crossing

good stuff i was just getting told about this on the weekend by a mate (fez...browny) great footage, cheers and thanks for showing . bdowdy..brett

i was there at xmas and wondered how they did it. Now I know. Not for the feint hearted.

used to do it fairly often in a 14ft centre console tinny with 40hp and 3 people when i was a teenager. had a few close calls, but my father would very rarely say no to crossing it.

That first bloke did a great job, he used some patience when he had a heap of waves staked up agianst him.

He actually looks like he reverses away from the wave at one point so as to avoid it as it's spilling over.

REELEMIN 1974
    Mate that is awsome
    Seamaid

Great video, thanks!

Reelemin1974. Was talking to Dowdy (bdowdy) last weekend and told him about this video. These guys are mates of mine and I was fishing with them a few days before this at Wooli. Even the spear fisho's wouldn't go out and that's took the video. Wild stuff.

Ballzy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fever View Post
    That first bloke did a great job, he used some patience when he had a heap of waves staked up agianst him.
    It looked to me like the first guy doesn't know how to pick his sets to me. The other two watched for a while and had a good run .

Mate he was sure keen to go fishing
    cheers
    greg
    IS THAT A ROD IN MY POCKET OR AM I JUST HAPPY TO BE FISHING

that was boring as bat shit

Greenie 77 I look forward to seeing your expert advice on Bar Crossings on this site sometime soon .

Pity more people don't put the time into producing "How to do it" videos , that way I may not need to put my neck or that of the SAR crew on the line next time one goes over on a bar or is swamped by the big ones adverse conditions.

I for one thought is was a good effort.

my expert advice would not to be so stupid