Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Townsville F,F'n'F

Re: Townsville F,F'n'F

I think we may need to meet up at another establishment that serves that golden liquid to ah discuss, ah the finer details of the F,F'n'F yeah that would work, to the finer details. Cheers.

Any day but this Saturday, plans to to a run up to Cattle Creek with a mate for some bloke time. But anchor and chain has me back mid arvo to go to a friends 40th birthday party (Riverside Tavern of all places!!!)...
    Fillet and Release Squad

Got to work this weekend unfortunately, so won't be able to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin_Dan View Post
    .... and they'd fall through the floor of your boat....
    Not by april they won't.....I've got the new floor all cut out and carpeted, just got to get some fuel lines for the underfloor, new fuel filter/separator and flog some foam from work for a bit of floatation.........Then I can start on the wiring, finding and removing the faults, then comes an some new anchor chain, and a few bits and peices for the trailer.

Just had a look at seabreeze, and the weather is absolutely shocking this weekend, and since no one in their right mind would go fishing, maybe its time for a few more pre drinks to ...ah...."discuss" the FFF. I'd rather be at the pub than sitting at home being miserable along with the weather.

It's looking pretty nasty isn't it... Won't be going down any dirt tracks for a few weeks that's for sure!!!

I wish we had of videod that drive Scott. Some of it would've been cool

Can always have a few drinks down at the barra farm. Prices are reasonable, plus there's the added extra of being guaranteed to catch a fish

Scott you and Dan did go after all, did you get anything of just stuck??

Sounds like I was the only lucky one with my queenie on saturday.

My club has a Comp on this weekend, hope the weather improves but as you guys have said, its looking doubtful. I was so wanting to take another shot at Cattle Creek....I guess I am going to have to starting praying alot!!!!!!!!!!
    Fillet and Release Squad

Yeah I would have preferred a drink indoors but I promised the young bloke a fish, so I took him down for zip, notta nothing.
    I like the sound of Josh's idea. But after the rain stops. Probably wouldn't be able to get out there at the moment any way, those dips would be under I reckon.
    Is that this weekd end Brett? I noticed your post in the club folder today at work. I might try and get along to the next club meet.

Corey

Corey, the next meet is on Thursday arvo, cheap beers etc. If the weather is nasty this weekend we will be movingthe Comp to the weekend after 23/24. The clubs AGM is on the first thursday in March at the Club. Going to be a big year 2008 for comps. Hope this crap blows out in the next couple of days and the weekend glasses up nicely, we can but DREAM!!!
    Fillet and Release Squad

I'll email you in the morning mate and grab some more details.

Nothing on the weekend, except a nice cut on my big toe, a lot deeper than I first thought, probably should get it looked at, but she'll be right.....had one good hit on a live herring, but I was too far away to set the hooks.......Was fun cruising in the mud along the Bohle though, was touching cloth in a few scary moments (lucky I was wearing brown pants). What fishing club are you a part of? Would be interested in joining.

Seabreeze has got the wind between 20-35 knots all weekend, and looking at the weather maps, I think we'll be in for at least another week of good rain, if we get any more, all the prawns will be washed out to Palm Island by Saturday. The last of the bananas I got on Saturday went down well with a frosty this arvo too.
    Last edited by Scott nthQld; 11-02-2008 at 09:02 PM.

Yeah we went down along the dirt track at the Bohle for nothing but a few "clenching" moments in the slippery mud. Had a hell of a lot of fun though... Took some livies down to a rock wall at the National Park boat ramp for nothing.

I'd be interested to get some details on the club too... Always handy to meet more fisho's.

Scott and Dan,
    The Club is the RAAF Townsville Fishing Club, If you are an ADF serving member, retired member or work for Defence, your eligible to join the club. But unfortunately if its no to the above then you will not be able to become a member. The reasons behind this are purely military in essence as the club is controlled by the Military Welfare side of the ADF, run with a Committee of Military, ex military members and the clubs premises are at the RAAF base which makes it hard for civilians to get on. My missus has to get a temporary pass everytime she wants to come for a drink. I myself am retired, 20 years in the military, now work for Defence so I am able to remain a member of the club.

The only way that civilians can be associated with the club is by way of becoming a club sponsor, this allows them to be invited to the club and also attend some of the Comps during the year. We fish comps from Mission Beach down to Peter Faust, 1 comp per month.

BOM Has wind easing to 10/15 knots Thursday and Friday, but I will believe it when I see it.
    Last edited by levinge; 11-02-2008 at 09:46 PM.
    Fillet and Release Squad

Ah bugger... It would've been handy though... Could've just walked across the runway to the base (I work at the airport)