Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Election Fallout ~ Have Your Say

Election Fallout ~ Have Your Say

Bit of a INFORMAL VOTE by you closing all these Threads ???
    This is what Policitcs is all about, Post Mortums, Debates, Abuse, Arguments, Heresay, Promises etc.
    Thought we lived in a Democratic Society not a Zionist or Dictator Regime, where Freedom of Speech was allowed ??.
    If some cannot take a little Flak which a Democratic Society allows, we better wrap ourselves in a silk coocoon and hibernate.
    But a Blood Thirsty Healthy Debate never hurt anyone, and if they cannot take what they dish out they ought to crawl back there hole where they come from.
    Its like that old argument of when is a Squire a Snapper, you could go on for months and not all would agree,
    Just my thoughts
    regards
    Last edited by mod5; 29-11-2007 at 12:14 PM.

Re: Mod5 ??

It was a joint decision of Moderators.
    Regards

mod5

I would like them reopened for purely selfish reasons as I would like to edit one of my posts. In the Labor wins thread I said "family first got the vote they deserved" not realising they had in fact enough numbers for a senate seat.

If the threads are not to be reopened could a moderator please remove that line from my post (news/Labor wins post#39) or if necessary the post in its entirity as I don't wish it construed that I support them in any way.
    Last edited by straddie; 28-11-2007 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by straddie View Post
    I would like them reopened for purely selfish reasons as I would like to edit one of my posts. In the Labor wins thread I said "family first got the vote they deserved" not realising they had in fact enough numbers for a senate seat.

If the threads are not to be reopened could a moderator please remove that line from my post (news/Labor wins post#39) or if necessary the post in its entirity as I don't wish it construed that I support them in any way.
    Has been deleted
    Regards

mod5

Thanks for that

Ausfish Silver Member

Wonder how long this lasts b4 the dreaded locked appears.

It is only going to manifest itself in other posts elsewhere - better to let the blood here in one spot where offenders can be dealt with if rules are broken.

Free speech ??????
    Last edited by Greg P; 28-11-2007 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    Bit of a INFORMAL VOTE by you closing all these Threads ???
    This is what Policitcs is all about, Post Mortums, Debates, Abuse, Arguments, Heresay, Promises etc.
    Thought we lived in a Democratic Society not a Zionist or Dictator Regime, where Freedom of Speech was allowed ??.
    If some cannot take a little Flak which a Democratic Society allows, we better wrap ourselves in a silk coocoon and hibernate.
    But a Blood Thirsty Healthy Debate never hurt anyone, and if they cannot take what they dish out they ought to crawl back there hole where they come from.
    Its like that old argument of when is a Squire a Snapper, you could go on for months and not all would agree,
    Just my thoughts
    regards

It really is quite extraordinary,webby.
    Before the threads on this election I had never had any interest or knowledge of politics.
    Its been a real eye opener for me to read these threads and the differing opinions of many people regarding their own beliefs and their visions for the direction our country should be headed in.
    It looks to me that the previous government aren't the only ones who have lost touch with the common man.
    Seriously,what's going on here,mod5?.....

regards

Scott

It all reads within specification to me ATM? Possibly some deleted posts are no longer showing??

cheers fnq

i agree with Webby........
    If someone posts something thats obviously offensive, mods should remove it. If it is only offensive to some, i am sure they will complain & the mods should make a decision as to whether to remove that particular post, not shut the whole thread.
    Just a bit heavy handed sometimes, always makes me think of a school like scenario where the whiney teachers pets run & complain because someone walked through the middle of their marble game, which was spread over a large area & not even causing a problem at all, but they still complain because it gives them some sense of power over those that look at things differently to them

I hate to say this and appear niave' but why all this talk about public blood letting?

I'd reckon a much better way is to get all the stake holders together, away from a public internet forum where people type stuff but there is no way to get the inflections or real intent and hammer things out behind closed doors toward a resolution. Even get the services of an experienced mediator/chair person for the event.

I've gotta agree with the mods and don't mean to appear a brown nose, but blokes...fair dinkum...we are crazy engaging emotively charged discussion in a public forum like this where anyone can see how much disarray there is. It serves no good at all.

Is it any wonder no one took the fishing lobby seriously enough as a lobby/advocacy group to elect a senator from either the AFLP ot TFP when our public face is so smeared among each other!

There is a better way

Cheers

Rhys

I agree Rhys......

What I said yesterday ..........

All the crap that happens on this news chat does nothing for anyone.

To all the knockers, negative people and experts on here ....pull your heads in,get off the computer, chill out for a while and then maybe come up with a new direction as a united group.

If we look at the big picture the bantering doesn't help our cause
    Just my opinion.

Cheers Col

Quote Originally Posted by revs57 View Post
    I hate to say this and appear niave' but why all this talk about public blood letting?

I'd reckon a much better way is to get all the stake holders together, away from a public internet forum where people type stuff but there is no way to get the inflections or real intent and hammer things out behind closed doors toward a resolution. Even get the services of an experienced mediator/chair person for the event.

I've gotta agree with the mods and don't mean to appear a brown nose, but blokes...fair dinkum...we are crazy engaging emotively charged discussion in a public forum like this where anyone can see how much disarray there is. It serves no good at all.

Is it any wonder no one took the fishing lobby seriously enough as a lobby/advocacy group to elect a senator from either the AFLP ot TFP when our public face is so smeared among each other!

There is a better way

Cheers

Rhys
    good point Rhys, however not everyone gets to be included on these 'closed door' discussions. There is definitely a time and place for a constructive review of the lack of success of both parties.

I think that we ordinary Joes have a right to be disappointed, and a public forum to air those concerns is a mandatory right of a democratic society. Problem is, there are 2 parties representing our interests at the moment so do you call 2 separate meetings to air those grievances?

If the mods are concerned re the comments made post election, why wasn't the acrimonious debate between the 2 parties censored before and during the election?

In my opinion, thats what really did the damage.

Much as I personally disliked the way some threads were going with borderline personal attacks and off topic remarks etc it is understandable and essential that the discussion is open and regrettably public.
    The future will depend on a frank and open debate getting those who are complacent to open up and contribute, it is sad that we have to be kicked in the @uts before firing up but thats how aussies are. Especially fishermen and hunters who just want to be out there.
    My biggest dissappointment is that KC is talking of giving up and that is a major blow to those who put faith and belief in what he was saying.
    Who else is going to represent the same range /views of interests, not TFP and thats for sure and not in QLD especially.
    NSW already has one party up and running very successfully it is unfortunate that the other fishing only party see's the need to split the lifestyle vote instead of joining in to give fishers fair dinkum and solid representation where it has a huge effect.

Quote Originally Posted by revs57 View Post

I'd reckon a much better way is to get all the stake holders together,

There is a better way

Cheers

Rhys
    Yeah like what rhys?
    At least here there was a dialogue going on between people with vastly different views that normally would not occur.
    And you are right..the fishing lobby was scorned to the point of ridicule at this election....largely due to a lack of unity and communication.
    Ah well...lets not sort out our differences now and try to find some common ground but rather lets wait until a month before the next election and then go through the same disjointed debate again.

kingmakers...what a joke!

scott