Thread: 08/01/08 baffle creek

Re: 08/01/08 baffle creek

only 5 more days until i get to fish some of this
    Attachment 18624
    Attachment 18621
    Attachment 18622
    Attachment 18623

Hey Nico, just keep'n' ya up to date with baffle and how it's going.The temp for the next few days is on the rise as we had a massive turnaround in weather today, so i loaded up the boat and headed up! The front half of the creek is crystal clear at the moment and the fish are a little spooky caught some small stuff on lure today, then i spotted some decent fish sitting deep in a snag. So i jumped over for a look with my goggles on.There were about a dozen jacks 25-50cm on the one snag,tryed bait and lures at them for 3 hours no good!
    <*}))<

nice , so you live there ? are you keen on hooking up for a fish?

Live in Bundy, bout 45 mins to get the boat wet. Mate i'd love to make another run up there next week but back to work monday(Damn bosses weather).I'll have to wait untill saturday morning and i think you guys are gone by then!
    <*}))<

bummer , do you have any sickies up your sleave ?
    only 3 days left im itching to go , thank you to everybody that has helped out with info on the erea it will hopfully help us to catch some good fish , i will make sure i post some pickies up when we get back if we catch any .

friday is our last day and we are thinking of fishing monduran that day and have ago at some barra , what time do you finish work on friday ?

Finish work @ 4.00pm on friday and it's bout 1hr drive to monduran and im sort of steering clear of that joint till after the school holidays, have done it pretty tough up there the last few trips so im sticking with the baffle for a while. Just a tip with the baffle id stick to oyster creek and try jigging some soft plastics on the deeper rock bars eg. the ones at the mouth of oyster and just around the corner. Check the thread called Baffle creek jacks-Late report by MJ Appache thats where alot of those fish were caught.
    Last edited by scoota_74; 06-01-2008 at 09:07 PM. Reason: updated
    <*}))<

thanks again scoota will give oyster creek a go for sure also want to have a look at bottle creek and flat rock if i can find it . Is the bridge there any good for fishing . how far in do the queenies and GT's go ? or are they more out the mouth .

i think what they call flat rock in the baffle is dirrectly across from the mouth of bottle creek. Just watch going up bottle creek as there is a shallow rock bar right across it 2k up on a sharp right hand bend that has a shack set up on the southern bank that is the only major prop buster. If your going that far dont forget to stop at red hill its just of the map that i sent you and is a great jack spot. As for gt's & queenies they mainly around the mouth in the faster current amoungst the snags and back eddies, good luck. Look foward to some great piccies.Scoota.
    <*}))<

thanks again mate , were of in 5 hours im like my kids were at xmas carnt get to sleep lol. hopefully we get some good fish to take pics of and i will post them when we get back .

cheerz nico.

well i managed to get some sleep and now we are going to hit the road so i guess you'll here from me next week . thanks again scoota , awonga and roz .

Well were back , didnt go real well with the rain but my son had a bit of luck , im going to put a report and some pickies on the estuary reports board .
    Last edited by Nico.d.R; 12-01-2008 at 06:39 PM.