Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bribie Island M & G. 10th Nov.

Re: Next M&G Bribie Island??????

I'm still a difinate, Snappashane will probably join in for a fish but has to go to work that arvo so probably no BBQ for him so I'll eat his........The missus and boy arent deffinate for BBQ due to a B'day party that I'm gladly missing out on..
    Cheers TT
    ________
    Children zoloft

Well i got the weekend off so i'm a 50/50 for coming if it is still open for invites.

If i go, ill bring all the gear for myself so no need to add me to the list for food ect.

I'd need someone to drag my subbie wagon out of the bogs i get into

but the yak, the sp rods and the beach rod will all be on the car if i can make it.

would be sweet

Count Me In Too ........

okay one and all,,,

i've just sent out a swag of pm's to all of you who have responded in the prior pages requesting numbers on who is a definite,,,, and who is a 50/50

the venue at this stage for the barbie and chin wag will be at the same park as the last one,,,

for those of you who didn't come last time,,,,

""over the bribie bridge,,,, at the first roundabout,,, do a complete turn and head back to the bridge,,, stay in your left hand lane,,,, veer down towards bongaree,, (waterfront),,, which is the left turn RIGHT BEFORE the bridge,,,, travel down until yo hit the next roundabout,,,, you'll see the boat ramp on your right,,, council caravan park on your left,,, (this is where you can purchase permits if your 4bing),, just past the caravan park,, you have the Bongaree Bowls Club,,,, the area of park that we'll be in is directly opposite the club,,,, car parking is directly in front of the park area,,, or 100 metres down,, pull into the jetty park area or side streets,,,,,,,,,,

NOW as a back up,,, as this area can get busy on weekends,,, there is another stretch of park just prior to the council caravan park on your right,, that has good beach access for the boaties etc as well,,,,,, i'll keep you all posted on this PRIOR to the day,,,

plan of action at this stage is still a shoot out style comp,,, with a fish in the morn,,,,

i'll await responses on pm's,,, and post this info once i get a better idea of numbers,,,

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

a couple of you have responded via pm,,,,,,,

my topender,,,,,,,,,x2
    reel scream,,,,,,,,,,,x3
    4 reel,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,x2
    tailortaker,,,,,,,,,,,,,x3

poodroo & rodman,,,,,,,,,,,,,

steve is also sending the Ausfish Banner up,,,,,, so it'll hard to miss us,,,,,

choppa
    Last edited by choppa; 28-10-2007 at 06:59 PM.
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

i'm definitely in

al

Choppa thanks for the P.M.
    Not that i had forgotten but it has sparked me into pushing the boss for that weekends roster.
    Hopefully i can give you a yes or no answer by Wednesday. Let me know if this is to late.

neil

Have you set a time for the BBQ to kick off?

can you bring frozen/ slightly thawed fish to the comp of course caught by me in the past

neil

frozen no,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, slightly thawed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, maybe

the click is a 50/50,,,,,,,,,
    2DKnB,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, is by a possible 4,,,,, dazza has also asked WHO'S BOATING,,, as he may turn up on the friday and do a camp over,,,

theres still a few who responded earlier that haven't come back with info as yet,,,

i'll get a better idea on times etc this week for bbq etc,,, with month end a few days away,, my time will be caught up here with work a bit,,, but once thats put to bed,, tides etc worked out,,, a plan will be posted

choppa

going by the local paper,,, the high tide should be around 11-12ish on saturday morning,,,, this will work in great as it'll give one and all a run up to explore what ever grounds they wish,,,,

a quick call around last night has the bottom end reporting ,,,bream/whiting/flatties,,,,,,squire around cooks,,, and a few various coming in this week,,,,, a bit of rain is expected next week so this will definately improve the situation

sandies are still being caught,,, and a few nice muddies are showing up

i received the banner from steve yesterday,,, and he has also thrown in a swag of coolers,,, and ausfish stickers,,,, which made me think about the last m&g and i remembered i had a few items left over from it packed away in the box,,, so they'll go towards the day as well

i'll contact "ningi nigel" today and get his okay to promote the Gateway Bait n Tackle shop for anyone travelling onto the island,,,, nigel operates this shop which is basically half way through ningi on the left hand side,,,,, may be an oppotunity to call in and top up on any bait/tackle requirement before you hit bribie itself

if anyone needs help with locations of ramps,,, areas to try etc,,,, post away and there should be a host of the locals to assist,,,

choppa

Harry_ho1 and I will be in our boats. Possibly 6 of us all up. Can't wait.
    Only ever fished bribie once and that was drifting the from the bridge south to bramble bay.
    Any suggestions for 4.5m boats would be helpful..
    Cheers
    Homerjrb

G'day Homer,

Left the big boat at home the other day and took the tinny out- Caught some NICE whiting and saw heaps of good looking bream around the mangrove islands out the front of sandstone point. It was high tide and the water was very clear. A heap of bream around the rocks close to the mangroves there. If the weather is ordinary and i dont do a quick outside run i will be the one in a little tinny there.

CHOPPA- Can you remind me what time weigh in is? And the Barbie time?

Cheers Scott

i spoke to ningi nige on the way through this arvo,,,, all is well for anyone who wishes to call in and get a bit of ""inside knowledge"" on whats biting where,,,

nigel did raise the point that there is some nice whiting about at the moment,,,, if your chasing worms,, he's got em,,, but if your after quantity,, it may be worth while dropping him a call to let him know prior,,,, he'll make sure he has em on hand for ya

barbie time/weigh in,,,,,,,,,,, i'm thinking around 1-2 ish at the park,,,,,

for those who c&r,,, the plan i'm hatching is to bring along your camera,,, any fish caught on the day will need to be photographed,,, along with a certain item that will be made public prior to saturday,,,, preferably on a lie detector mat

this will take away any doubt on when/where the fish was caught,,, and will allow release if the fisho so desires,,,,,

i don't go into biggest bream/flattie etc sort of comps in these occassions,,, the emphasis is basically to have a good day all round,,, so the catagories for the comp will be decided on

the best catch

the biggest catch

the hardest catch

the worse catch

all of the above will be voted upon on the day,,,,,,, or sorted out on the day,,,,whichever the majority decides upon

DON"T FORGET Gateway Bait N Tackle,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

choppa

Quote Originally Posted by reel scream View Post
    G'day Homer,

Left the big boat at home the other day and took the tinny out- Caught some NICE whiting and saw heaps of good looking bream around the mangrove islands out the front of sandstone point. It was high tide and the water was very clear. A heap of bream around the rocks close to the mangroves there. If the weather is ordinary and i dont do a quick outside run i will be the one in a little tinny there.

CHOPPA- Can you remind me what time weigh in is? And the Barbie time?

Cheers Scott
    don't give away too many secrets scott,,,,,,

its okay to tell a white lie or 2 though,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

choppa

Thanks for the help there Scott. Any little piece of advice helps.
    Thanks Choppa too.