Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you want your politician to fix?

Question Re: What would you want your politician to fix?

I'd like not to be lied to!
    I'd like my taxes spent responsibly on actually physical things not on studdies and junkets
    I'd like a safe community where I can park my car and boat and it doesn't get vandalised and if it does I want the bu-ggars caught and re-educated.
    I'd like truely sustainable fishing and research to prove it.
    I'd like wider faster medical care for everyone.
    Better cheaper education.

Basically I'd like the mongrels to actually represent their constituants not party politics and represent both industry financial infuence with actual community in some sort of balance.

Ps I'd like most of them to fall down a very deep hole as they can't get past point one.

Re: What would you want your politician to fix?

I would like to see all political parties banned

And a Government of National Unity elected on merit.
    Who would then elect a leader.

The way it is we are paying 2 pollies to do each job.
    And far too much time is taken with pointscoring and Dorothy Dix questions.

Hopefully this would stop porkbarrelling ,and the money would be spent where it was needed most.

And hopefully they could remember where they have been

Regards
    seabug

Double post
    Last edited by seabug; 22-08-2007 at 06:32 PM. Reason: double post

*Increase Fisheries patrols and funding
    * Stop relying on volounteers flipping sausages at a bunngins every sunday just so they can put diesel in their boats to resuce us when we break down. So yeah, widespread funding to all VMR's and actually have a look at how many taskings they do on behalf of the govt for free, QPS & QAS.

cheers

fish guts

I would like all pollies especially Peter Beattie to stop making Promises what they are gunner do in 5, 10 nor 20 years time (they may not be in politics by then). Agree with future planning but as the Gateway bridge is an example we need action now. We weren't told by previous Governments that in 5 years they intend to built the freeway or the old Gateway , they started immediately in planning the the construction. Now they say that in 5,10 years they are going to start on a freeway etc. Not good enough we want these thing to start within 12 months.

I think they should change boat licensing laws to the same as victoria ie you can sit for your restricted boat license at 12 years of age and the restriction is that not allowed to go more than 10 knots if unaccompanied or 20 knots if accompanied by a open licensed person.
    the 6hp restriction doesn't help me as my boy can't drive the boat (it has a 90)
    I would like him to be able to idle the boat to the pontoon while i park the car and trailer therefore i am not tying up the ramp.
    If he does this now I am liable for a $375 fine
    Stuie
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

they need to take a pay cut & deflate their egos

once we can get the useless b$#stards to help the MAJORITY instead of sucking up to the minority all the time, then fuel, roads,education and health will be priorities instead of casualties. The older I get the more the parties seem to be the same, useless.

Quote Originally Posted by charleville View Post
    Hey Hamish - I found this in a list of things being funded in a $50M program of works from the Govt as of 14 August. The list is on Nugget's site.

Wynnum Creek Entrance Channel Dredging

Maintenance dredging of the access channel leading up to the Wynnum Creek Boat Ramp.

Is that what you are talking about?
    yep, thats it. Saw that too, time will tell

Full funding of all vmr's and other rescue services
    Greater wages for Firies, Ambos, and Coppers - no, i dont work in any of these fields
    Greater presence of fisheries officers
    A polly that actually fishes regularly and is in touch with our needs
    Less urban developments that restrict fishing and recreation areas
    ANd, of course, a government that is free from that disgusting GREEN tinge!

cuzza

Thanks for the input, folks.

There are a few things here that I will add to my list to send to my local pollies.

By all means do the same with yours if you feel so motivated.

One thing that does need government attention, i reckon is the whole issue of VMR/Coastguard funding - and while they are at it, it would be good if someone was able to merge these two complementary organisations. The current situation is very confusing and I feel that I need to subscribe to two organisations to ensure that I am covered in the areas that I fish. When I have seen discussion on this matter before, the theme has been that egos and personalities seem to get in the way of logic.

lots of good ideas, maybe we need fisho's running the country. For me there is a lot of things I would like to see fixed before recreation like fishing and boat, I think by fixing non recreation problems first then the follow on to recreation problems would come.
    cheers
    blaze

Exactly my thought blaze get the base right and the rest will be easier. If the Govt can stop lying fix fix things like education, health, civil infrastructure, law enforcement and emergency services first up then keeping those sectors maintained will be a much easier taks rather than waitint until they fall into such a disgusting state. Then they can concentrate on the majority's recreational wants and put the greens in a rocket and fire them into the sun so that they can't ruin anybody's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze View Post
    lots of good ideas, maybe we need fisho's running the country. For me there is a lot of things I would like to see fixed before recreation like fishing and boat, I think by fixing non recreation problems first then the follow on to recreation problems would come.
    Maybe - but I would see the proper maintenance of beacons etc to be on the essential end of the importance continuum. The provision of facilities like fish cleaning tables at boat ramps may be at the other end of that continuum.

However, man does not live by bread alone and I do believe that it is important for prosperous national development that the morale of the population is kept positive. I believe that sport, the arts and recreational activities are a proper concern of government.

Could any heart surgeon who experiences the regular horror of having lives expire in his own hands really be a able to do his job effectively week after week after week after week if once a week or so he was not able to get a bit of frivolous relief with a bit of fishing or sailing or golf or a night at the opera or whatever is his stress outlet. I think not.

[quote=VoodooChile78;671770]I want to see more fisheries officers...I am 29 and been fishing nearly all of my life and only ONCE have I had fisheries come and inspect my catch...that is not good enough!

I'd have to agree with this, I'm 27 and have never seen fisheries once. I fished Moreton Island for the Ekka long weekend and saw some disgusting things. Heavy pressure on curtain aside (24 boats sun morning) as I walked along the beach I came across about 30 undersized squire frames (between 20 and 35cm). The locals I spoke to believed it was likley the work of the fishing club over there, which would be very dissapointing if it were true. On the sunday night there were a group of w#$kers catching very undersized squire off the beach and throwing them on the sand to die.

These are just two of many examples why I would welcome fisheries aboard my boat at any time.