Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Show us ya toga

Show us ya toga

Saratoga have to be one of my favourite fish to catch. To get the ball rolling, here are a few of the toga I have caught over the years at a majic little waterhole near the upper reaches fo the fitzroy river.

Lets see everyone else's pics of these prehistoric fish.

Re: Show us ya toga

Our toga camp.

nice fish mate, hopefully i can add a pic or two to this thread after summer.

hey by the way, what else do you catch up at the camp there mate

There are plenty of sooty grunter and catfish there as well. Some of the catfish I have seen caught there are absolutly huge.

I'm the same as yella ,hopefully have some pics next month ,cross fingers.
    Good pic wamjam

Nice pics mate!! Im yet to catcha a toga so nothing to display.... Hopeing to team up with Peterm very soon for a toga mission.

My PB in July this year 90 cm give or take a cm
    sight cast at Borumba

Federation of Fly Fishers
    International Certified Casting Instructor
    Sunshine Coast Fly Fishers
    www.saltwaterflyfishers.org

Some great toga there.
    I have only ever caught 2, and I got them within 15 minutes of each other at NPD late last year. Only small though, one went 45cm and the other 42cm.Here's a pic of the monster 45cm specimen.

Pound for pound they went harder than anything else I have ever caught, I would love to tangle with a larger model.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by flyfisho View Post
    My PB in July this year 90 cm give or take a cm
    sight cast at Borumba
    Thats a monster toga you got there,how big is the biggest ever caught?

Jackextracter,
    I have seen guys like Gavin Platz and Kim Strathearn catch fish at Borumba over a meter but I think the honours go to Johnny Rowe , the former Guide at Borumba I have heard of fish being pulled out of threre around 1.2 m by him , however I was told by the guy at the Gerry Cook fish hatchery that the ANSA record for the southern strain comes from Lake Macdonald I think he said it was around 1.3 m.
    So I have heard anyway

Yeh, that's a cracker that one ya got there Chris. I've only managed to stay connected and boat 3 fish. The 2 best unfortunately when I didn't have a camera with me. This is the only one I've got a pic of.

Quote Originally Posted by flyfisho View Post
    Jackextracter,
    I have seen guys like Gavin Platz and Kim Strathearn catch fish at Borumba over a meter but I think the honours go to Johnny Rowe , the former Guide at Borumba I have heard of fish being pulled out of threre around 1.2 m by him , however I was told by the guy at the Gerry Cook fish hatchery that the ANSA record for the southern strain comes from Lake Macdonald I think he said it was around 1.3 m.
    So I have heard anyway
    1.3 is a big fish i can only imagine how hard one that size would go do they jump at that size?

I reckon they would , the meterys do , that one of mine did , but another 40cm of Toga slab is a lot of beast to launch from the water !!

wow!! 1.3 meters is huge. I never relised that these fish could get that big. Catching a toga over the meter mark would blow my mind I think. having said that, 90cm is not that far off. Great fish flyfisho.

Attachment 12748
    Nice one from boumba