Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Australian Fishing and Lifestyle Party (AFLP) - Application For Registration

Re: Australian Fishing and Lifestyle Party (AFLP) - Application For Registration

Thanks Lou,

Caused us some heartache and a messy divorce but it will be for the best.

We have the industry behind us (finally) and will have enough of a budget to give this a real decent go.

Lots more to do and it is, in reality, 1 minute till midnight.

If we were "an amusing sideshow" last time, this time the joke will be on them.

Lots of community sectors are sick to death of their plans, their future and their expectation of enjoying the lifestyle benifits which come with being an Australian being eroded away by those who delight in lockouts and rules.

There are practical and sensible management regimes which both protect our parks while still allowing us to enjoy them.

The Australian Fishing & Lifestyle Party will appeal to more than just fishers.

KC

Re: Australian Fishing and Lifestyle Party (AFLP) - Application For Registration

Good stuff KC, so is that federal registration & not state ? also is there any other probs to overcome re tfpq members being automatically transferred to this body, subject to approval at the next meeting ?

In the words of Richie....Marvellous That.

Best bloody news for fisho's boaties 4WDers campers hikers horseriders and more. Now we have someone to get behind, support to he hilt and get the action plans underway. Good job KC and well done for sticking to the cause mate.

I also will be interested in the registration process for membership when available.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    Good stuff KC, so is that federal registration & not state ? also is there any other probs to overcome re tfpq members being automatically transferred to this body, subject to approval at the next meeting ?
    There can't be a problem because as I understand it you need 500 members to resgister a party so they AEC has obviously accepted TFPQ members as members of AFLP.

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Bullock View Post
    There can't be a problem because as I understand it you need 500 members to resgister a party so they AEC has obviously accepted TFPQ members as members of AFLP.

Derek
    yes, that's my understanding as well, just confirming if the approval was for the use of the "name" or the full federal party registration. KC's first post said the name was approved.

Hi Dicko,

The AEC has accepted our constitutional ability to lodge a name change (provided it is ratified by members). This was, as previuosly discussed, an emergency decision (under the terms of our constitution). No such "emergency" exists with respect to our state registration and a name change at that level will be put to members. If, as expected, we go that way then effective 15th September there will no longer be a TFPQ and all members will become members of AFLP.

maybe we will have a little wake

This has been a pretty complex process and thankfully we have had solid legal advice (pro bono...thankfully some solicitors are also fishos) along the way and the AEC has also had legal advice to ensure we are on solid ground.

That all said, a rejection, by members, at the meeting, would see the AEC registration cancelled so attendance or proxies in support of the decision will be important.

It is planned to pod cast the meeting and AGM on our web site so maximum attendance is allowed for those that don't want to, or can't travel.

An historic day and when the registration is gazetted next Wednesday we should havew quite a bit of national press.

Regards

Kev

KC

Point of clarification please.

My understanding of podcasts is they are listen only and those listening will not be able to have any input to the discussion so will still need to forward proxy votes.

Am I correct.

Derek

Derek is right (as usual) and my age is showing...A bit like my scalp wher my hair used to be

My understanding is that the proceedings will be able to be viewed live on our web site (I thought the term was podcast) and members will be able to ask questions (via phone or email) and vote accordingly.
    Proxies may also be sent.

Our constitution (2.8) while, in the main, refering to party structure and meetings of the executive, quantify that "attendance by telephone or video conference call shall be treated as if attendance were in person".

I would stand corrected but believe this allows members to attend a meeting via video conference and vote as if they physically attended OR provide a proxy.

This is new ground for us...have to admit I am unsure as to the process and we are trying to allow maximum live involvement in the process within the bounds of our constitution.

If I thought there was a genuine risk of the registration being rolled or YOU think there is a risk. Send your proxy. Which we KNOW is kosher. So far, feedback indicates wide spread support for the changes so maybe this is much too-do about nothing.

KC

Quote Originally Posted by kc View Post
    Its Done

We have received notice today from the Australian Electoral Commission that our application for the name Australian Fishing & Lifestyle Party has been approved.

Notice of approval will appear in next Wednesdays Government gazette.

Game on

KC
    Thats good news for the AFLP, but does it just mean that the name is approved in principal as acceptable to the AEC, or does it mean that the registration process has been completed and the AFLP is now a registered federal party after gazetting next wednesday?

Regards,
    Shane Boese
    Last edited by Shane Boese; 22-08-2007 at 09:17 AM.
    Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent genius will not; un-rewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone is omnipotent."

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Boese View Post
    Thats good news for the AFLP, but does it just mean that the name is approved in principal as acceptable to the AEC, or does it mean that the registration process has been completed and the AFLP is now a registered federal party after gazetting next wednesday?

Regards,
    Shane Boese
    Being that the application to the AEC was for registration for a federal party - then it means that AFLP has been approved for federal registration which means both the name change has been approved and the party itself is approved for registration federally (subject to gazetting) then once gazetted the party is officially registered.

There weren't two applications - it was a single application and now the process has been completed - which means that the objections whilst noted have been defeated/dismissed on merit. (The dismissal of which has other implications... if you think it through)

This also implies that the stolen and plagerised TFP constitution which Derek was so quick to point out possibly meant the shut down and or further overriding of TFPQ's (or AFLP) decisions cant possibly have any effect - there are now two separate parties (for the moment) - still awaiting the results from the TFP registration process - to see if there will be two federally registered fishing - type parties - or just the AFLP! My take on the situation is that TFP NSW doesnt have their house in order - re paperwork etc. and wont make registration.

Which leaves AFLP to possibly run candidates in a few different states as indicated by KC previously... it's a VERY big day for Kev and the AFLP exec. and now they really have to strap their work boots on... all the best guys - we're right behind you!

Well thats my personal take on the situation and hope it clears any confusion - but KC will correct if/as necessary.

Cheers,

Adam
    Last edited by Adamy; 22-08-2007 at 10:04 AM.

Hi Adam

Thanks for your opinion on this one. You seem to be quite well versed in the process.

I look forward to KC's official response.

Regards,
    Shane Boese
    Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent genius will not; un-rewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone is omnipotent."

I guess the best way to answer Shane's question is to post the letter/email we received yesterday from the AEC

hi Sally

just to let you know the decision has been made and the party is
    approved
    for registration.

in amidst our now usual heavy workload, it will take us a few days (or
    maybe daze?) to get the letters finalised and out to you and the
    objectors,
    our website changed and a notice into next Wednesday's Commonwealth
    Gazette. But there are no more decisions to be made. it is finished.

Regards
    Shawn O'Brien
    Assistant Director
    Funding and Disclosure
    Australian Electoral Commission

I trust this clarifies the matter.............It is finished!

KC

Thanks KC,

It is nice to have some concrete information, rather than speculation.

Regards,
    Shane Boese

congratulations to KC and co. Very pleasing that we (I) will have someone to vote for in the senate at the upcoming Federal election.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

Right-e-o, now that things are sorted where do I sign up. web site would be helpful now with the name change.I had intended to sign up before and saw the cracks forming and held back, which in the end probably was a good thing. kc keep up the good work, I hope you have the strength to continue. To anyone else involved in this process good work also.