Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Australian Fishing and Lifestyle Party (AFLP) - Application For Registration

Re: Australian Fishing and Lifestyle Party (AFLP) - Application For Registration

Oh well at least at the election after this one us qld anglers may have someone to vote for as it stands tfp won't be getting my vote, aflp would but wont be around. Being from qld I feel most qld anglers would rather vote for the greens than someone from NSW who is using standover tactics on fellow qlders. Good luck to them its just a matter of time before tfp wont mean anything here in qld, whatever happens with the registration or deregistration. However having said that I am pretty sure if the shoe was on the oposite foot nsw anglers would feel the same and so they should.

Re: Australian Fishing and Lifestyle Party (AFLP) - Application For Registration

The situation is currently very "fluid" and there is every chance AFLP will be registered well within the time frame required & run in at least 3 and possibley 4 states with senate candidates. Amazing how many good people have come out of the woodwork once we started to disassociate ourselves from TFP NSW.

If, using the Qld model and outcomes as a base line, we can sucessfully run senate candidates in a number of states and they all end up effecting the outcome by way of preference relationships, it puts us in an increadibly strong position.

We are in touch with a number of state based peak bodies and discussing candidates, frameworks, campaigns and finances at present....this bit of public bloodletting may end up serving a valuable end and be the divorce we "had to have".

Regards

KC

.this bit of public bloodletting may end up serving a valuable end and be the divorce we "had to have"
    Doesnt it always.

When is the decision on the AFLP Registration expected

We are advised it is "within days" via the AEC.

Kev

PS : Last divorce I had cost me a bloody fortune

Quote Originally Posted by kc View Post

PS : Last divorce I had cost me a bloody fortune
    Don't start on that subject, I've had 2 of the bloody things

But back on subject, that's all positive news. good work guys.

It amazes me the fishos saying they will vote GREEN - for those in QLD, a preference vote deal was put in place at the last state election between Labor and the Greens.

Now anyone objecting to the Moreton Bay Marine Park rezoning?? Not happy with that are you??? Well, that is Labor reacting to the favour called in by the greens to change the rules, ban all fishing in the major areas we go and then expand on it over the coming years.

So think twice if you really want to be a fisho and/or boatie in this neck of the woods.....don't Vote Green or you only have yourself to blame when we can't fish anymore.

Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

Hi KC , you are assured of my state vote , and my meager donation to offset costs....

Federally , whoever has my "fishing recognised as a LIFESTYLE" will also get my vote ,and support....

as a QUEENSLANDER , i don't think bob could get my vote.

My jmo to you KC ,is chin-up ,chest out , do what you have to do....
    but would like a little less girly-fighting politics ,as you are both promoting RecFishing as a healthy pastime.
    The greens are not...imo...pro-RECfishing ,more lock-it-up terrorists, hence my offset vote ,to minimise their impact on my LIFESTYLE

puff daddy.. it was a joke.

not a good one

Quote Originally Posted by craftycarp View Post
    puff daddy.. it was a joke.
    Mate I am not having a go at you, it is generally I hear fisho's thinking the greens are the only outdoors conservation option thinking that if they stop the poo pumping into the seas and the development on the mangroves then we are OK.

I wanted to show in no uncertain terms that a vote for the tree huggers is a vote against fisho's, not one for them.

Cheers,
    Chris

p.s. - it was a bad joke
    Cheers,
    Chris

Its Done

We have received notice today from the Australian Electoral Commission that our application for the name Australian Fishing & Lifestyle Party has been approved.

Notice of approval will appear in next Wednesdays Government gazette.

Game on

KC

PS : Attended the annual conference of Tackle World dealers yeterday on the Gold Coast and spoke for an hour and a half to a very good response.

The industry, which lives off "us" is coming to terms with the effectiveness of political activism after trying all the peak body lobbying and submissions process to no avail.

YES!!!

Thats great Kev....

On the down side - now there's a lot work to do and a few fish are going to feel safe (for a little while at least)

See you on the hustings!

Adam

Thumbs up Re: Australian Fishing and Lifestyle Party (AFLP) - Application For Registration

You bloody little ripper!!

Fantastic news.

Goodonya Kev - well done mate.
    Timber lures - just bung 'em in the water mate & hang on !!!

Congratulations...
    did you have your website organised in anticipation?? if so what is the addy..