View Poll Results: Should negtive people be banned from putting replies in the fishing reports section ?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Should be warned first

88 42.51%
  • Banned from replies and veiwing in fishing reports sections forever

9 4.35%
  • Banned for 2 weeks from replying and viewing fishing reports

24 11.59%
  • Nothing should be done at all

86 41.55%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Poll on negitive people in fishing reports

Re: Poll on negitive people in fishing reports

[quote=SNAPPERCOFFIN;650214]Would just like to put a poll up on what people think should happen to people who constantly critise the fishing reports section.

I think if they constantly criticise they should be warned if they keep doing it they will be banned from replying.

It is a bit of a tough one and probably not a bad topic because I know a lot of people don't post reports because of the internet detectives.

Mark........ You have done it now

I think keep it all positive and have fun ...........lifes too short!!

Cheers Col

Gees I must be a bit weird.
    I don't really care what people say.
    I take in what I want to take in.
    If I see something from a knob I don't bother reading (knobs are soon to be found out)
    I say what I mean and I'd say I'm more reserved on the boards then off the boards.
    A spades a spade in my books...

Gees I would have thought a banning was the ultimate consequence....no more participation

What was this thread about...I forgotten as I just had a call about going fishing so frankly I don't give a rats about anything anymore (for awhile anyways)
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Here Here Col_s. Life is too short - if we all kept it upbeat, then the knobs wouldn't have much impact would they. Top stuff Col.
    Cheers,
    Chris

There have been a few responses that have been way over the top by forum standards, and those posters have been banned for life by the mods. It has to be pretty bad to get the red card, but the system is already in place, and it is working fine.

Ive had 2 occaisions where Ive been attacked in excess of normal, and they got booted off without any complaint to the mods from me. I see they kept their antics up in other threads, and the mods made a decision. Give them enough rope and they will hang themselves.

They are usuaslly teenager dole bludging hippys anyway. Genuine members of this forum are always welcome to have an opposing idea to mine, thats what keeps debate alive.

From the original rules of usenet, back in the dark ages of internet;
    rule no 1- 'seek not to offend, be not offended easily'

If the mods dont think its out of line, then its alright by me.
    Do a google on 'trolls'. Its been around a long time, and its not gonna go away.
    Dont take the bait.

cheers
    Andrew

If your abiding by the rules, and have broad shoulders, forget the shit kickers and other do-gooders, there most likely jealous they can't do produce the same.
    regards

I dont bother reporting anymore. Everyone knows it all anyway.

I kill some fish, always within the rules and regs. If I am hungry and go out with the sole purpose of getting a feed and all I catch is a 69cm flatty, it will be stabbed, put on ice and eaten. If the authorities wanted me to throw it back, then the limit would be 68, not 70.

I think the only people that should get a serve are those that blatantly break the law. If you are willing to post up pics and brag stories about oversize fish or more than the legal bag limit, you deserve a kick in the rear end.

Other than that, people who carry on about 'morals' give me the sh1ts. If someone chooses to keep a lot of fish, and it's legal, that's ok. If you don't like it, then that's ok too, but don't try and force your opinions on the rest of us.

Perhaps it comes down to our choice of words. Things can be said in different ways, or even meant in a different way to the way the words read. It's one of the difficulites of the medium.

ARRGGHH I missed this topic as the computer has been at the doctors...
    The way I see it is who cares is someone is negative....Half the time the people who are negative on these sites are jelous about what you have caught so they may have a crack at you......Mind you I find this site pretty good..... and not much negativity at all...??????
    As for the whole catch and release debate which sees some negative comments thrown around....Well I release alot of fish but also kill alot for a feed....I like to eat fish and everyone knows how good it is for you.
    As a fisherman I dont see much point to going fishing as often as I do and releasing everything you catch then going to the local fish shop and paying $25 a kilo for snapper....??????......

Pete
    Last edited by Pistol_P; 12-07-2007 at 07:47 PM.

I'm seriously thinking about not posting anything anymore as I'm sick of the guys that think they better that criticise my beleifs. I admit to keeping fish in a post and I'm only talking about less than 50 whiting (which is the most ever and none wasted) and I'm jumped on. I dont keep that many often but on the odd I do. I always stay with in the law and with in reason when no law stated. so if the certain poeple continue thats it for me which is sad because I thought that I had found a place to talk openly about fishing to poeple that want to listen. I didnt relise that we are so divided and how many narrow minded poeple there are that beleive that its their way or no way. I'm not on the site to argue and I dont need the fustration these poeple cause.

CHEERS T.T.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailortaker View Post
    I'm seriously thinking about not posting anything anymore as I'm sick of the guys that think they better that criticise my beleifs. I admit to keeping fish in a post and I'm only talking about less than 50 whiting (which is the most ever and none wasted) and I'm jumped on. I dont keep that many often but on the odd I do. I always stay with in the law and with in reason when no law stated. so if the certain poeple continue thats it for me which is sad because I thought that I had found a place to talk openly about fishing to poeple that want to listen. I didnt relise that we are so divided and how many narrow minded poeple there are that beleive that its their way or no way. I'm not on the site to argue and I dont need the fustration these poeple cause.

CHEERS T.T.
    Mate. we're not divided. If we stop posting, then we are divided. The detractors are a minority, and as such, they shouldn't hold sway. Look forward to your next post.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by kingtin View Post
    Mate. we're not divided. If we stop posting, then we are divided. The detractors are a minority, and as such, they shouldn't hold sway. Look forward to your next post.

kev
    Kev
    Only new to this site as you know and I must admit I have just about had a gut full!!!
    When I first started I got some great feed back and info from other fishos with much more knowledge than me and it was tawriffic as I expected the site to be.
    I know I have posted some lame questions before but what the hell thats what I thought this site was about.
    Anyway I am that close to pulling the pin on thin it doesnt matter. Your right MY LOSS no one elses because if you can filter through the shit you get good advice and tips.
    Don't know anymore.
    Just had a discussion about bream (catch/release/fillet/eat) who gives a sh#t).
    Cheers
    Pete

I am one of those idiots that occasionally chat in Yahoo or simmilar & I can't believe what a brilliant site this is. For a site where anyone can voice their opinion I think it is absolutely fantastic the responcibility that is shown. I enjoy reading difference of opinion. But I find it hard to recall a negative reply without some merit. "Snapper Coffin" perhaps I'm missing the point is there any negative posts in particular that incure your ire ?

WTF!!!! Whats wrong with people these days!!!! Not a day goes by without people getting sued or threatening to sue!!. And now it's getting to the point where people can't express there own opinions on a public forum without the fear of hurting some princesses feelings??? As long as it's not personal then cop it on the chin like real men!! there's more to life then what people write on a forum. my opinion anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Raesen View Post
    Kev
    Only new to this site as you know and I must admit I have just about had a gut full!!!
    When I first started I got some great feed back and info from other fishos with much more knowledge than me and it was tawriffic as I expected the site to be.
    I know I have posted some lame questions before but what the hell thats what I thought this site was about.
    Anyway I am that close to pulling the pin on thin it doesnt matter. Your right MY LOSS no one elses because if you can filter through the shit you get good advice and tips.
    Don't know anymore.
    Just had a discussion about bream (catch/release/fillet/eat) who gives a sh#t).
    Cheers
    Pete
    Pete, You said it, "filter through the shit", especially late at night when perhaps we, or the ones who get to us, have had a few grogs. Late night is always the worst when it comes to misunderstandings. Someone may have a crack at saying something humorous and sometimes it just doesn't hit the mark and gets misunderstood.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

I think this is a valid issue, just look at all the debate on this thread alone. While most of us have broad shoulders and understand the broad opinions expressed on a forum, the real problem is the newbies that are scared off. I feel sorry for these newbies, who might have become long term members otherwise.

maybe its time to name and shame the negative people? wheres derryn hinch when you want him?

Who are these so called trolls anyway? I dont think any of them are still active, are they?

Andrew