Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A PASSIONATE PLEA to Fisherman

Re: A PASSIONATE PLEA to Fisherman

Hopefully on Sunday there will be a flood of reports after the river to Mud now all we have to do is catch something to take of photos of looks like things maybe turning
    It's all part of the fishing experience

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=112492

This is the only (reports) post in which I've seen negative comments recently and these seemed to be merely akin to someone thinking out loud or just voicing an honest opinion. They aren't abusive, although someone with low esteem or guilt, may take them that way.

Acknowledgment to Craigie for responding in a civil and informative manner.

I can only assume that I've missed a lot of reports

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

KINGTIN

Kev, outside of everything you've said, the majority appear to not bother anymore because of the reasons stated... This thread shouldn't 'encourage' people to continue 'disrupting' as hopefully i've now highlighted the fact that there is an 'Ignore List' which you can add serial pests to and you don't have to worry any further! Furthermore, its intent is to encourage ALL to post the top reports that is sadly lacking of late... And it does appear you have missed some 'doozy' threads my friend! I won't repeat which ones they were because i, like most, are sick of the same rhetoric over and over again! BRING BACK THE FISH!

Take Care T
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan

Cheers,

Adam

p.s Jack - nice Jack!! (in your avatar) when was your last report???[quote]

Its a fingermark in my avatar not jack and i only put up reports when i can be bothered i go fishing every weekend and catch stuff worth reaporting! A few of you guys are still talking about negative feedback like i said and it has been said many times its not negative feedback to everyone your positive might be someone negative and thats the way it goes and you cant change that,also you cant have everything going in your direction eithier not every one on here is C&K.
    Last edited by jackextracter; 12-07-2007 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    KINGTIN

And it does appear you have missed some 'doozy' threads my friend!

Take Care T
    Well it appears so mate, judging by the responses here Just as well I wasn't reading then, eh? Not that I would have a lot to say, in response to them

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by jackextracter View Post
    Its a fingermark in my avatar not jack and i only put up reports when i can be bothered i go fishing every weekend and catch stuff worth reaporting! A few of you guys are still talking about negative feedback like i said and it has been said many times its not negative feedback to everyone your positive might be someone negative and thats the way it goes and you cant change that,also you cant have everything going in your direction eithier not every one on here is C&K.
    JACK, while some on here have brought in the topic of 'negative feedback' (and i can't help that), my Thread was to encourage posting as ADAMY stated (with the option of ignoring any feedback/comments that people may find adverse to themselves personally). Nowhere did ADAMY state anything about 'negative feedback' in his post! I can only assume that you quoted his whole post to highlight the last line about the 'Jack in disguise'?

While you catch stuff 'worth' reporting and you can't be bothered, i want the guys who catch something worth reporting everytime they go and USED to be bothered to restart reporting...

Take Care T

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Nowhere did ADAMY state anything about 'negative feedback' in his post! I can only assume that you quoted his whole post to highlight the last line about the 'Jack in disguise'?
    Take Care T
    Yes your right i was not pointing it his way about the negative feedback I thought yous would understand, and i would not have to type it in point form.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamy View Post
    for me its more about the loss of good information from the boards which is lacking lately. The type of info which helps bring a fisho up a level in his skill and ability - nothing about being soft. You should know - you've been a member since 2005 you know some of the names that used to frequent these boards which dont anymore - I dont know exactly the reasons why - but its a loss.
    Good point Adam - This site has been successful for a long time and I have no doubt will continue to be so. Over the last 3 years the growth has been phenomenal. I was a member here even before 2001 when it was just a message board and have seen a lot of good/bad people come and go. Sadly over the last 18 months I too believe the information / reporting has dried up - just look at the offshore trip reports this year so far if you go back and compare it to 2 years ago . I used to look forward to reading the reports every Sunday night and chatting on-line with a great bunch of guys.

Looking back I now I believe the banning of "some" long term members who had contributed greatly to what the site had become was ultimately to the detriment of this site in relation to information. I mean - in particular one ex member (most of you would all know who) put so many people on Ausfish onto their first hoo, dollie or marlin it was unbelievable. I have heard both sides of the story - and for sure some deserved the banning and some most definitely did not deserve a permanent ban. In the end it is water under the bridge for everyone but every river has its beginnings and trying to understand why is the question at hand.

That said - life goes on - I still really enjoy AF and have a lot of long time friends and there are some really good new people here.

Cheers

Greg

OK, I found one of the posts that may have stirred this up................beefaman...........you're to blame Glad I wasn't around at the time

Finga.............the last post on that thread, cracked me up Hope you mashed it when you were doing your No: 2's

kev

Yes, i too am now getting a handle on the 'seed' that perhaps L/PHIL was referring too! I wonder how many of these 'seeds' are suffering from sour grapes and are blatantly stirring the pond on this site (for one selfish reason or another)??? Just remember good folks, WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND! Always DOES, always WILL!

As for the 'Wello Bagout Crew', ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ - I'll take it as a compliment!!!!

Take Care T
    Last edited by T1; 12-07-2007 at 08:03 PM.

Why #@$% with something if it isn't broken. My involvement in clubs has shown that over periods of time people come and go , people whinge and leave . Commitment varies with peoples home lives. It is a continual evolution and always will be . Ego makes us full of our own crap that we start believeing that we are right and this is how it should be. Is this a open forum or what?

Agree with ya 100% T1.

No fishing wowser is gunna stop me from posting reports, if they want to make other people feel bad about their passion they should go and get a life!!(preferably one that doesn't involve fishing)

Would love to post reports but the fishing gods have been unkind for the last couple of months lost count of the trips without a keeper, but alas I shall soldier on !!

Cheers, Mick . PROUD AUSFISHER!!!

Good thread T1.

It's a shame that some people question another person's catch. So long as no laws are being broken, I don't see what the problem is.

I enjoy reading the Reports threads, as it's always an opportunity to pick up on some tips etc.

Hopefully your impassioned plea hasn't fallen on deaf ears. From the great majority of the posts so far, I think that people will get back to putting up more reports.

Let's hope so.

TOL

There's no fish out there, so no need for reports.
    eregards

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    There's no fish out there, so no need for reports.
    eregards
    None on BAIT anyway

The placcy boys are doing fine thank you very much!!

(Bet you I get to eat those words come Sunday..... at least we have Foggy as a back up - with Chief a close second)

Adam