Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Show us ya Bass!

Cool Show us ya Bass!

G'day Ausfishers,
    This has ta start!There are alot of guys here that fish regularly for our Australian Bass,And hold them in very high esteem.

I reckon this Aussie legend deserves it's own thread here in the photos section.

So dig out ya shots,And post em here for us all ta see.Old ones...New ones...Big ones...Small ones.All things Bassy.

Below is one of my many favourites.

Cheers. B8.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

Re: Show us ya Bass!

a cressbrook surface bass.[ATTACH]sum[/ATTACH]

Attachment 8517

A couple of pics of bass caught earlier in the year.

Chris
    Last edited by fishytales; 01-07-2007 at 07:26 AM.

A couple from the young fella and myself caught in the season just gone.
    Last edited by banshee; 30-06-2007 at 10:18 PM.

hi guys and gals i would just like to add my share of bas there are alot more pics but these are my favs thanks everyone
    have a good holiday cheers

Gday
    I have sorted through both of my bass pics and thought I might try and post all of them.
    wamjam

like the second piccy wamjam is that cressy. cheers bdowdy

Awesome idea B8, good thread. Love the variation in the fish from different areas. Those NPD tanks with the slightly more silvery sheen, The longer more slender example from bdowdy, some absolutely awesome wild fish from Banshee, and Basskids varied examples from some impoundments close by to my location. I'll wade thru my pics and see which ones are worthy for this thread, but for now I'll just post my PB bass so far. 51 FL off the surface on my fav lure, the legendary quick bee.

Cheers bassers
    Tiges

Had a sicky yesterday .And spent the mornin Bassin .Landed 58 Bass and 1 Yella.The best Bass went 53 F.L.,And one of the pics I took looks like it's made it into my favourite Bass shots.It is the close up.

Hi Tiges,
    Good to see Genral Patton and his big stoggie made this thread.

Regards B8.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

A day off to go chasing Bass in this beautiful weather.
    Can it get any better ?

Great pictures Hardb8.

Yeh B8, gotta love the General Patton. Pity I didn't get a better shot of him, but I was on my own in my canoe and wanted to get him back in the water as quick as possible. Some great pics there m8, love that 2nd one with the fish in the water.

Don't think just because it's the middle of winter and the surface water temp is only 14deg, that bass aren't still willing to smack a surface offering. Here's a couple of recent quick bee/zipping zig victims.

My first august bass.

This was the biggest fish landed on a most memorable day. He went 51cm. Caught 9 that session all around the same size!!

Went out ona Mates private dam this morning and had a fish with Basskid for the first time , 2 - 1 in the kids favour . I thought I would dabble in the darkside and use conventional gear , this is my first fish on a jackall , so I would have to agree that they work ( I am only 6 years or so behind)

Federation of Fly Fishers
    International Certified Casting Instructor
    Sunshine Coast Fly Fishers
    www.saltwaterflyfishers.org