Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Show us ya Bass!

Re: Show us ya Bass!

Nice shots Little Grey Bloke. Really like that last piccy.

This is my wifes P.B caught at Lake Somerset bouncing Mask Vibes along the bottom.

This is a pair of 50+ caught on consecutive casts at Lake MacDonald...just wish it was an ABT event.

Heres a few shots of a wild river Bass with my new waterproof camera

Underwater.

Half and half.

Above the waterline.

My daughters P.B (46cm) caught at Lake Moogerah slow rolling spinnerbaits, she was 5 at the time.

Last edited by Leigh77; 30-10-2007 at 08:00 AM.

Great shots Leigh. That's an absolute chunk of a fish your missus is holding there. Did you get a weight/measure of that fish?

The fish was 54cm long...but didnt get a weight, left the environet at home (so couldnt weight it in that) and didnt want to hang it up by its jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh77 View Post
    The fish was 54cm long...but didnt get a weight, left the environet at home (so couldnt weight it in that) and didnt want to hang it up by its jaw.
    Yeah I noticed you were taking due care in the pics, good onya. Musta been 2.5kg+ that fish, it's in great condition. Looks every bit of 54cm, even without being promoted forward like some like to do with their pics.

great shots wish moogerahs waterlevel was that now. cheers bdowdy..brett

Some more 50's from North Pine.

Troy

Here's a couple from a recent session at the Maddock.The Bass in this body of water fight extremely hard.

Cheers. B8.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

you bugger, they are awsome fish rick
    figjam :wink:

These arn't big but great fun considering the country your in to find them - upper catchment rainforest gorge in northern NSW - introduced my mate Corey to bass fishing and he was happy to catch a couple of jungle rats - especially on surface lures - I wasn't doing the guide thing right cause I caught the biggest fish!! Only one we came across for the day which is unusual for this time of year - must still be lower down in the system waiting for a bit more decent flow to get up - I might have to go and look for where they are downstream with the canoe - or revisit teh gorge in February!!

Regards - Jim
    'Stick to fishing instead of fighting' - JC

ill say it again jim you are a lucky man, with beautiful scenery like that who cares how big the bass are. top photos,top fish,top spot. cheers bdowdy

with beautiful scenery like that who cares how big the bass are. top photos,top fish,top spot.
    Ditto.Excellent stuff,Good to see so many taking the time to add to this thread.Thanks.

Cheers. B8.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

just curios how many fish rivers rather than dams?
    I mainly fish rivers, not to many dams that you can fish from in sunny penrith, most fishable dams intail a 2.5hr drive or more to get to..

Here is some bass from all over the place starting north Pine,Brisbane river and a few other dams

Last edited by Rocket01; 08-02-2008 at 06:31 PM.