Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Fishing For a Cause!

Re: Fishing For a Cause!

Do you need to wear a skirt to meetings ?

Damo you would not look overly inviting in a skirt. No offense.
    Just a recap on what FFAC is proposing. Decided to cut and past from an earlier post because it is already so far back in the pages that some may miss the information so here it is again (Just to keep us all on track)....lol

The fundraiser event is to be held in February '08.

The Charity is still to be The Qld. Cancer Fund.
    The event is going to be a One Day Event only.

The place it will be held will be The Pin just in case the weather gods aren't kind on the day and turn the fans on.

The main focus is Catch & Release (Although if you want to take home a feed that's fine).

We intend to make it a Clean up the Pin Day with a prize for the most amount of collected slimey rubbish.

Each person who pays their entry fee (Have not decided how much as yet) will be issued a unique brag mat which will have all the sponsor names on it which will be issued on the day of the competition. The idea is that the fish caught can be measured and weighed and have their photo taken on the brag mat and the photo submitted to the judges who will enter the photo into the computer on the day.

The competition will be open to anyone. Those who live in different states and overseas can enter also. Once the entry fee is paid the brag mat will be posted out and they can catch their fish and send their photo via email. We will nominate a prize for a particular species which can be caught in their area with a "secret" measurement and the closest to that measurement gets the prize.

Cheers,

Poodroo
    Last edited by Poodroo; 02-08-2007 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodroo View Post
    Damo you would not look overly inviting in a skirt. No offense.
    Offence taken i'm just big bonned !

Should no one put there hand up, I will

And I don't make coffee

ok ill put my hand up for it, if you need my contact details i can pm them to everyone thats on the commity

Quote Originally Posted by B_E_N View Post
    ok ill put my hand up for it, if you need my contact details i can pm them to everyone thats on the commity
    Good on ya sweetheart

Poodroo...last time the meeting was on i went fishing with Ben so now at least we will both be at the meeting lol

Ed

lol wait i can feel a cold or flu coming on (cough cough) jks

Ben....Does your missus know about your new signature

Ed

haha nope, but shes learnt already, fishing comes first! but shes usaully by my side trying to outfish, still yet to
    Last edited by B_E_N; 03-08-2007 at 03:36 PM.

Ben, no offense mate but if you're going to take the job, you need to fix your shift key and turn your spell check on

kev

Top Tips:

Minor skin grafts can be performed on pigs by covering any cuts and grazes with thin strips of bacon.

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

lol my bad, and to think i went to uni

I know this is silly, but are you going to ask the fish, and when doing the release thing are you going to make sure that EVERY angler knows what is the right way to do it, like hands off, in the water, no pics, no handling so that you will have to give points for the fish capture rather than weight etc.
    Rather good idea but you need to make sure that the fish aren't going to end up victims of your Do Good Deeds.
    I detest competitions, because the fish are victims, every time.
    MaxG.
    PS I'm not after an argument or abuse, just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxg View Post
    I know this is silly, but are you going to ask the fish, and when doing the release thing are you going to make sure that EVERY angler knows what is the right way to do it, like hands off, in the water, no pics, no handling so that you will have to give points for the fish capture rather than weight etc.
    Rather good idea but you need to make sure that the fish aren't going to end up victims of your Do Good Deeds.
    MaxG.
    Your entitled to your opinion Max.

I do believe there is some sort of "Code of Practice" that exists for fishing comps from memory which i'm sure will be adapted in some way.

It also address the handilng of fish for C&R as well I think. No doubt to be included in the rules of the competition

Quote Originally Posted by Maxg View Post
    MaxG.
    The poor fish are victims every time a line is thrown in the water, every time a cow cocky sprays his paddock, every time a car is started, every time a boat is going, every time a person puts a smoke out on the street and kicks the butt in the gutter, every time a dog poos in the street....
    But minimisation of these risks should be followed through when-ever possible.
    I'm sure most know the correct procedure for C&R if they desire to do so as this competition will allow capture as well.
    So in short if they want to C&R then they'll probably already know the way if not the chances are the fish are for the esky anyways.

How do you measure or grade the fish if you keep it in the water, no handling and no pictures??
    What is the correct procedure in handling fish??
    I'm just curious for my own sake on this one as I haven't got a clue.
    Cheers and thanks
    Scott
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    How do you measure or grade the fish if you keep it in the water, no handling and no pictures??
    What is the correct procedure in handling fish??
    I'm just curious for my own sake on this one as I haven't got a clue.
    Cheers and thanks
    Scott
    Scott,
    No handling with dry hands - always wet.
    No laying down on hot dry surfaces, if you must lay down, on wet towel.
    No hanging vertical by lip grippers or pliers.Hold horizontal with supporting hand.
    No hanging vertical by jamming fingers in gills.
    If gut hooked, cut the line.
    Have camera ready for pics, keep out of water for minimum time - fish don't breathe air.
    When release make sure you do it gracefully, no double somersaults with half pike.
    Fish don't like their 'slimy' coatings damaged hence handling with wet hands or towel.
    There's other points I'm sure a few will highlight.

Matt
    Last edited by Mattg68; 07-08-2007 at 12:54 PM.
    c'mon, take the bait....

Just a thought.
    I was reading about the event specific brag mat earlier in this thread. Perhaps it could have some informative catch and release tips printed on it.