Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bass on fly Tournament

Re: Bass on fly Tournament

Hi Chris,
    We should make the camp ground at around 2100 hrs saturday eve. Hope ther is no problem with the late arrival. Kate and I can't get out of brissy till 1830 hrs. In the Rules they refer to wearing a PFD while the boat is hooting along. I didn't catch if it had to be be a bulky PFD1 type or Less bulky type approved PFD type. Can you clarify this on for me.
    Catch up 2morrow eve.
    Jeff and Kate.

Jeff,
    I wonder If Sniper is available as he had a big part in draughting the rules .
    IMO I would wear the ones you have to carry by law , like you said its only while you are on the plane . I am going to wear the big Banana's. (Did some one say Banana's, as a mate of mine says "Being superstitious is unlucky" )

Federation of Fly Fishers
    International Certified Casting Instructor
    Sunshine Coast Fly Fishers
    www.saltwaterflyfishers.org

Good luck with it Chris, hope everyone gets onto some good fish.

hello there all and to who know me,
    i wounld like to wish you all happy wand waving 2morrow wounld of loved to fish the comp with you all but work has come first again,,im posting this for a bit more luck for jeff and kate not like jeff will be needing it!!hope you all do well!!
    and flyfisho good on you for doing this comp!!!
    cheers from kruger

Well it went off without a hitch, and thanks to all those who competed. We had 27 competitors for the first bass on fly Tournament. The event would not have been a success without the help from our sponsors who provided some excellent prizes.
    Results
    1st Place Chris Adams 2/2 2.065 kg
    Minn Kota 55LB Bow mount Riptide, Flyangler subscription, Buff Headwear,
    2nd Place Geoff Volter 2/2 1.790 kg
    G. Loomis 8 WT Crosscurrent, Flyangler Subscription, Buff Headwear
    3rd Place Carl Bernard 2/2 1.685 kg
    Scientific Angler striper IV Fly line, FFF Casting Lesson
    BiG Bass Geoff Volter 1.200 kg
    Scientific Angler Striper IV Fly Line
    Lucky Door Prize’s
    Vaughn Coulston - Galeforce Saratoga Boat
    John Haenke - fly fishing Guided trip supplied by Tie N Fly Outfitters
    Everyone who entered also received a few sponsors stickers and a copy of Fly angler Magazine.
    I will post photos of the event through the week. The Full results will be on the club website in coming days.
    On behalf of the Saltwater Flyfishers Association Sunshine Coast Inc Thank you and we sincerely hope you enjoyed the first of this style of event and hope you all can make it to the next one

To all the north coast crew, congrts on a job well done. Great to see the ladies on the water. Looking forward to the next bass on fly day.

Bassbuster. (SEQFF,s)

That's good that it went well Chris, and congrats on the victory. Shame the victor didn't score the boat, but you're going OK with what you've got already. Actually since you've already got such a fine big arse electric on your boat, you should probably donate the one you won to......I don't know, maybe a mate who could do with an upgrade from his motorguide. Have I ever told that you're a really good bloke.

I think Chris should maybe donate it to someone who showed him where the fish were. Silly me for doing that. lol. Congrates Chris on your win, and Voltzy and Carl on there placings. Would like to know if Carl is going to give himself the FFF lessons? That would be great to see. And to coola on winning the Galeforce Saratoga boat. Bugger, was only 1 ticket away from it too. Thems the breaks.
    Well done to Chris for the time and effort that he put into getting this comp off the ground, and to the sponsors for supporting us, and lastly to all the competitors who turned up on the day. Was a tougher bite than was expected but still a great day. For those who couldn't make it this year, we hope to see you all there next year.
    Cheers
    Bill
    Last edited by Sniper; 06-11-2007 at 08:02 PM.

Bill you know what they say about nice guys LOL ... Nah thanks Mate you have a great knowledge of that lake and I Had you as the dude to beat , but anyway.

Thanks to Bassbuster (Jeff) from SEQFF we have some pics to show , it was a great event and will be continuing in the future.

And a special mention about Kate Forder who managed her first fish on Fly during the comp well done Kate, thats what its all about

Hi flyfisho & co.
    Firstly I Would like to THANK the club, organisers and all the sponsors of this top little event, it can only get bigger. Unfortunately no bass for me but luckily I managed to catch the biggest Saratoga (Galeforce "that is") on the day, great prize.
    AND TO GALEFORCE BOATS THANKS FOR BEING A TOP SPONSOR .
    look forward to next comp!
    PS. hey sniper sorry about ya ticket I was only one fly away from catching a bass!!!
    Thanks again COOLA .

Hey Chris

Well done - both on organising and on winning the comp.

I think we'll have to get more involved next year and give you a bit more competition!!

On another subject - a little while ago I thought i saw a post from someone who was doing some activities with kids and was looking for old fly gear. Do you recall seeing anything like that?

Cheers

Jeff

Vaughn, I could have been 100 tickets away from winning the boat. Yours was the lucky one to be pulled out. Well done. Pitty you didn't land any legal bass for the comp. The little buggers didn't want to play the game for everyone. Next time though. You going on the club trip next weekend?
    Bill

Hi Sniper
    Yes at this stage we will be there about 2.30pm sat. earlier if possible. hopefully the toga will play the game, see ya there.
    COOLA