bigtez, you are well and truly pimpin'

geez, i would love to see that beast on the water

Re: Tinnie Setups/Layouts/Modifications

here is my battery under rear casting deck
    right hand side switch penal with sounder and GPS
    front casting deck with glow box and storage under
    four seats position and lots of rod holders
    just ignore some rubbish inside boat
    Last edited by MyWay; 29-06-2007 at 11:18 PM.

Now that's a flash one.,
    Well done on the decor matey
    One of the joys of being a trimmer.

bigtez, you are well and truly pimpin'

geez, i would love to see that beast on the water
    Was thinking of naming it pimped, pimpin or something to that effect. Or maybe FLAMIN' BOAT!!!
    Going for a test flight on the Redcliffe reefs tomorrow morning.

Here is my DART. I installed a Fish finder on a ram mount, holders for the oars/paddles,wired and installed all led lighting and I custom made a Battery box out of PVC celluka foam. Very happy with the result. All wired for a bow mount leccy in the future. Many thanks to all the other members for sharing there layouts in this thread and many others. Hopefully i have helped someone else with my layout.

Attachment 74179Attachment 74180Attachment 74181Attachment 74182Attachment 74178Attachment 74183Attachment 74184Attachment 74185Attachment 74186Attachment 74187Attachment 74188
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unsure of why my pics are not thumbnails like everyone else's. ???

08/03/12 - All sorted

Figured I might share my current boat here now that I've 'personalised' it a little... Please excuse the fact she's a little dirty. Haven't had a chance to give her a proper clean since the last outing a few days ago.

This is her just before I made the purchase

Had a couple of leaks in the hull and a couple of broken welds that I didn't notice until after I bought it. Whilst I was having those repaired I decided to get some extra bracing put in for the floor. The current floor had developed some weak spots, so this served the dual purpose of making the boat a little more rigid and giving me some more life out of the current floor.

Had the leccy mounted.. Initially wanted a hornet trophy style alu plate welded on and then painted, but this was much cheaper and thankfully is rigid enough. There is a tiny bit of flex in the gunwale, but only noticeable if you are looking for it.

Absolutely love the deck space.. The leccy foot control fits under the nose there out of the elements when not in use.

Rear deck.. Plenty of room.

Heaps of room under the rear deck... second photo shows a full size tin of lanox in there. It's big enough for 2x 60L eskies and a couple of tackle boxes no worries.

Rear half of the rear deck houses the 25L fuel tank and a container of two stroke oil on the port side and on the starboard is my marine battery and small esky containing a few small tools, ductape and zip ties. Tends to hold a tin of lanox and some rain ponchos too.

Sounder setup... Rear one is an older model, but still does a fantastic job. Has a fairly high pixel count, so I assume it was fairly dear back in the day. Front is a lowrance elite 5 sounder/plotter that I snagged for $299 incl navionics gold. Do intend on trading it out for a DSI model though. Not terribly keen on the gunwale mounting, but as the original one was all ready there I just plopped the new one up there as well. Does quite well though and I can swivel the elite 5 around so it's viewable from the front casting deck.

Does have a switch panel and a ciggy socket.. Nothing fancy, but does the job and I quite like the location... Very handy being able to keep the phone on charge whilst out in the boat too. Especially if I end up having to use the phone for navigation in the event of my elite 5 kicking the bucket or the marine battery running flat.

All round white light, which I'm definitely going to replace with a taller one that throws off less glare around the boat. One of those led ones with the vertically thin lenses.

The 'captains chair' lol

Front hatch on the casting deck that houses my deep cycle battery. Will likely convert this space into a live well at some point and relocate the deep cycle up under the very front hatch. It's lockable.. Handy as a deterrent if I'm leaving the boat alone for a short time though easy to circumvent for anyone who's keen enough to get in there.

This is what lives in there - 120ah deep cycle in a battery box with a waterproof 50a manual reset circuit breaker bolted to the outside. Does the job very well and I'm disinclined to seek any form of improvement. The breaker has all ready saved my leccy once. I think I've hit the bang for buck curve in the right place. Whole lot (battery, box, breaker, wiring) was about $170 - Battery second hand but more or less un-used.
    Had the strap tie downs made at a local fabrication shop for $2 each. Much better than the plastic ones that come with battery boxes. Strap was $5 at bunnings. Keeps it all in place nicely.

Leccy wiring fit just nicely through a gap here:

Down the track I would like to switch the motor out to a four stroke forward steer and a GANAT Swingaway Steering Console.
    Would also like something like this (https://whitworths.com.au/main_itemd...AbsolutePage=1) in somewhere, maybe to the right of the deep cycle.
    Definitely want to organise some better rod storage.. I love this idea and plan to 'borrow' it.

The other thing I'd like to do, upon replacing the motor at some point would be to pod each side of the rear, something along these lines:

lookin good chamelion. Some great ideas there. I havent seen too many leccies side mounted like that and it would suit my boat - 4.3m catcher. Could u tell me who installed it for you and what were the costs?

Also, the rear decks did you do those yourself? im looking for someone to help me out with fitting some to my tinny

Thanks
    Dean

Hey Guys, I have spent the past 4 months repainting/tidying up a 14ft Quinnie I picked up real cheap. The hull itself was pretty good and came with a 30hp OMC set up with forward controls on a near new redco trailer.
    I paint stripped the boat (not a fun job!) before respraying in a white 2pac, installed a false floor, anchor well, side console and some elec goodies. Most recently I upgraded to a 2 yr old 40hp Suzuki outboard for reliability.
    Its 99% done, just have a few tidying up bits and pieces to do (including the ausfish sticker which arrived friday!!) But with a total outlay of around $4200, I couldnt be happier with how its turned out!

Pics before and after are below.

Boat 1 (5).jpgBoat 1 (4).jpgBoat 1 (3).jpgBoat 1 (6).jpgBoat 1 (10).jpgBoat 1 (13).jpgBoat 1 (15).jpgBoat 1 (17).jpg156651_3899320403329_1112422262_n.jpg

nice job Adam looks micky mouse.always good to see an ol tinnie get a new lease of life

Quote Originally Posted by Adam84 View Post
    Hey Guys, I have spent the past 4 months repainting/tidying up a 14ft Quinnie I picked up real cheap. The hull itself was pretty good and came with a 30hp OMC set up with forward controls on a near new redco trailer.
    I paint stripped the boat (not a fun job!) before respraying in a white 2pac, installed a false floor, anchor well, side console and some elec goodies. Most recently I upgraded to a 2 yr old 40hp Suzuki outboard for reliability.
    Its 99% done, just have a few tidying up bits and pieces to do (including the ausfish sticker which arrived friday!!) But with a total outlay of around $4200, I couldnt be happier with how its turned out!

Looks great Adam, It'll be a much more comfortable ride with the steering where you have it now...would have been bumpy as hell as far forward as it was (we had a tinny set up like that many years ago...not comfy!)

Tim and Trace

chamelion the x125 is a bloody good sounder
    i have a furno 620 and have trouble getting images i could get with the x125
    Ive managed to pick up baby snapper schools in botany with salmon on top and kings underneath clear as day

Quote Originally Posted by kingcray View Post
    lookin good chamelion. Some great ideas there. I havent seen too many leccies side mounted like that and it would suit my boat - 4.3m catcher. Could u tell me who installed it for you and what were the costs?

Also, the rear decks did you do those yourself? im looking for someone to help me out with fitting some to my tinny

Thanks
    Dean
    Had the leccy installed by the same local mob who repaired my hull cracks, broken ribs and a couple of other broken welds. Cost of getting them to do the leccy was about $80.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam84 View Post

Boat 1 (5).jpgBoat 1 (4).jpgBoat 1 (3).jpgBoat 1 (6).jpgBoat 1 (10).jpgBoat 1 (13).jpgBoat 1 (15).jpgBoat 1 (17).jpg156651_3899320403329_1112422262_n.jpg
    That's a really nice improvement

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    chamelion the x125 is a bloody good sounder
    i have a furno 620 and have trouble getting images i could get with the x125
    Ive managed to pick up baby snapper schools in botany with salmon on top and kings underneath clear as day
    Yeah, I'm quite impressed with it. I almost hesitant to say it, but I find it does a better job than my Elite 5. I tend to just use the Elite 5 as a chart plotter and the X125 as my actual sounder. The X125 not only seems to pick up fish better but it seems better at showing different bottom types, structure and most of all it manages to keep a track of the depth at speed. The Elite 5 seems to lose it's marbled and the depth reading will just start flashing and I have to slow right down for it to re-acquire the bottom. It does this at several different transducer heights... Maybe the ducer is just too close to the prop, not sure. At any rate, I've no intention of retiring the X125.

Looks great Adam, I'm just about to start on a 5.2m custom centre console myself.
    I have just moved the battery forward and centre under the seat and am looking at wiring options for sounder/nav/other goodies.
    Does anyone have pics or diagrams on how to set up muliple accessories...I am a newbie at electrical things.
    I have mobstas...very helpful, detail of diagram would be helpful

4 meteres of 100x 6 mm ally plate, a drill, angle grinder and pop rivit gun.

Outboard jack plate.

Tool holder

Side pocket

Sounder mount.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Can someone, anyone please like my facebook page? I need at least 30 likes.... Please

http://www.facebook.com/suncoastcivilwater