Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Wello/Green...more boats than fish!!

Re: Wello/Green...more boats than fish!!

Quote Originally Posted by BAT View Post
    The point Im making is that these people are taking breeding fish!!! SHAME ON ANYONE that does THIS!!!to a already fragail enviroment!!.
    I will go back to the start for you BAT..you said "breeding fish"...that no one should take breeding fish...I then said I would hazard a guess that 99.9% of fish are breeding fish...maybe some have not reached maturity yet but breeding fish nonetheless..no research required at all for a guess...but I suppose you should never fish again if you are against catching breeding fish...fresh fish.,..breeding or not...yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm. There are plenty of fish around...bag and size limits seem to be working ok...as for the fragile environment....just go here :

http://greens.org.au/action/join/ and follow the links..that should make you happy.

I caught 16 fish on Thursday night..looks like I will have to head off to Fishermans Anonymous and stand and recite: I am PinHead and I catch fish..as I hang my head in shame.

not bloody likely.

Judging by these Moreton Bay scuba diving photos in this link http://scubadiving.powerfulintention.../album/1390412 Moreton Bay is really suffering badly. Better stop fishing it everyone.

Poodroo

I know this is off topic, but referring to post #12, I was wondering which establishment offers a 2 for 1 night?

TOL

All I can say is you seem to justify that "disgraceful practice" in your words because you cant resist fresh bait, What the hell are you talking about?
    Im not preaching only giving "My" personal veiws on a public forum within the rules! if you have a problem with this go and be with your mates where you can all agree with each other.

I know this thread is nearly done and dusted, but there's two more things I thought of which may have some final say on the topic of fishing Wello.

• The last time I headed for Wello, I only spent 10 mins there. It soon became obvious to me that the constant drone of motors in my immediate facinity would make it very hard to fish - then some clown decided to anchor and let every chink in his anchor chain rattle on the side of the boat as it went over. Do you think it was a good advertisement to the fish in Neon lights " hey fish, it's time to bug outa here?" Well it was for me. What chance have we got to over fish when the fish are smarter than we think - after about the 5th boat arriving I reckon! They move on!!
    • DPI is watching us closely. Get ready for fishing permits which will help finance more Arti reefs spoken about earlier. It may happen soon.r than we think
    Scalem

Quote Originally Posted by BAT View Post
    Im not preaching only giving "My" personal veiws on a public forum within the rules!
    Well BAT, we ARE only catching and keeping fish WITHIN the rules that the authorities have imposed upon us!!! But you still don't seem to think that that is fair... Yet you want to be able to freely give your opinion in a public forum WITHIN the RULES without repercussions?!?!?!

HYPOCRITE and if you don't know the meaning, grab a dictionary....

T
    Last edited by T1; 17-06-2007 at 09:13 PM.
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    I will go back to the start for you BAT..you said "breeding fish"...that no one should take breeding fish...I then said I would hazard a guess that 99.9% of fish are breeding fish...maybe some have not reached maturity yet but breeding fish nonetheless..no research required at all for a guess...but I suppose you should never fish again if you are against catching breeding fish...fresh fish.,..breeding or not...yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm. There are plenty of fish around...bag and size limits seem to be working ok...as for the fragile environment....just go here :

http://greens.org.au/action/join/ and follow the links..that should make you happy.

I caught 16 fish on Thursday night..looks like I will have to head off to Fishermans Anonymous and stand and recite: I am PinHead and I catch fish..as I hang my head in shame.

not bloody likely.
    Its funny , bream fishing in west aussie and nsw has gone from drag em in to the esky to a real sport using light gear and lures and catch and release, much the same as the trout fraternaty, in the bay we have a great shallow water snapper fishery that offers great sport on light gear and so close to home, yes we have bag limits but if you have 2-3-4-5? hundred fishos catching thier bag limits every week it sort of makes a mockery of the whole bag limit theory when your talking about a place like the bay with limited habitat for reef fish, i cant stop you taking your bag limit but when i see just how much flesh comes off a 60cm snapper i would hope that if fishos have to take fresh fish then they might think of returning the snapper and when the sun is up and the snapper finished go and chase the whiting for a family feed and damm good eating too.

I doubt that many boats are actually reaching bag limits too often. I rate myself a fairly competent fisho and I have only ocassionally "baged out". Most boats around me do not seem to catch much at all so probably do not trouble bag limits most of the time. The impact on the fishery as a whole is probably much greater if a few very large fish are taken rather than a few just over legal

I have no problem with sharing spots and other info. If I turn up and the spot I was going to fish is crowded I just move on and do a bit of exploring to look at some new ground

Maybe it is time to start looking at some new arti's to spread the boats a bit. A few out from Nudgee and some out from Wello would work well

Cheers

Neil
    Last edited by Horse; 18-06-2007 at 08:03 AM.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

If it wasn't for Scalem introducing me to Ausfish, I would not have learnt about places to fish, places to see, how to fix issues with my motor (thanks Chimo) and get a chance to say hi at the touch M&G. I for one welcome all and say a HUGE thanks for your encouragement and support for a newbie boatie floating around from the Seaway to Mud with his family trying to relax and maybe catch a few. Oh and with an 18' halfcabin, I might have to get used to crossing the bars .....

I am a little different where I throw almost all my catch back. The only ones I ever keep are for my little brother or my parents when they come to stay from Sydney. It is a sport for me, but if you catch them to eat I reckon good on ya. I have no problems with any of you doing that as I trust we all do the right thing.

Now as for if "we" think "we" know more than the scientists who work for the Fisheries who, I might add have bailed me up for an inspection a few times recently, spend all of their time watching, testing, reporting and evaluating what is going on in our waterways then I think you are deluding yourself. We all spend a lot of time out there no doubt, and there are more and more boats hanging around but if you want to shoot the messenger for saying "Hey, I had a good day with my mates/friends/relo's out there and caught some dinner" then you are better off keeping your mouth closed & your fingers off the keyboard.

Ausfish doesn't contribute to these things "issues"; add the circulation of all the fishing mags, the Ch 7,9,10 and radio reports, Browines etc would be what, 10fold greater than here at a minimum guess?? Ausfish is a spot to share with mates. Would you go to the pub and walk into a bunch of blokes that hardly know you and start slagging them off? No, I didn't think so.

Keep putting up your posts please. I for one would be very sad to see people go from here because of a few hiccups. Steve, Phil and the other mods have put in too much effort and money for these to shatter a wonderful place to meet and share.

Puff
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    i believe we should be lobbying govt to make more habitat for reef fish by dropping say building rubble and rocks over the broad area from the mouth of the river to mud island, this would hugely increase the reef habitat for snapper ect and take pressure of the islands,,, your thoughts??.
    good post alleycat i have only started to fish the bay manily mud in 2007 and am yet to catch a decent fish but websites and qfm and bush and beach have helped me heaps.
    more habitait = more fish

[Im not preaching only giving "My" personal veiws on a public forum within the rules! if you have a problem with this go and be with your mates where you can all agree with each other.[/quote]

Bat why don't you pull up anchor and go for a very long drift, next stop N.Z!!! The stuff you are coming out with belongs out Luggage Point way
    Peter :cool:

Nobody on the northside would carry on like this, geez you southsiders are a cranky bunch.

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Just_chips View Post
    Nobody on the northside would carry on like this, geez you southsiders are a cranky bunch.

Kev
    LOL - That's Gold Kev!
    Cheers,
    Chris

I am not much of a fisherman and have not been using plastics for that long and have fished wello about 5 times and always come home with a feed.If it wasn`t for this web site I would never thought about fishing wello and as far as having skills to catch snapper on plastics I think if you use the right ones and the snapper are there they catch themselves.(it must be true if I can catch them)This is our catch from our last outing in Moreton Bay some were.

Still no response to my IMO comment ? come on! all you can do is attack me through my first post's on this thread???.