Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pajero

Re: pajero

check the weight of pajero's, their not light .....

no shit fights ..boys..

we all know the 4x4 u have ... is the best ...:-)

i think before next year's expo i will most likely install locking diffs ..thats if u can buy them for pajero's.. but then doent mine have some central locking diffs.
    whats the different ....

its just all too bloody HARD....
    "whats the time"

snappa, the central diff lock just locks the transfer case so you get the power split between the front and rear diffs. If you are drving in soft sand for instace, and you start to get hung up you will find that only one wheel at the front and one wheel at the back will spin. This will happen less in LSD's, but will still happen. What a diff lock does is lock the diff so both the left and right wheel are always travelling at the same speed, so you won't have one spinning and the other stationary. If you go one further and install front and rear diff locks like I have you get all four wheels turning at the same rate at all times, gives you tractor like traction.

And Poodroo, it's not cheating!! Although it does make the easier stuff even easier. The problem is it gives you the confidence to go places better left untravelled!!

As for the paj, it would be able to do the job. My Father-in-law tows a 2 tonne trailer behind his V6 NM Paj with stock suspension on North Straddy. No problems. The only thing I would reccomend with a mono-coque chassis is getting an equaliser strap for snatching. You thread it through the eye of your end of the snatch strap and then attach it to both sides of the chassis, thus sharing the load down both sides of the vehicle minimising any twisting that the weaker type of chassis can't cope with.

Brett

May 2006 Order New Hilux - June 2006 Order ARB & Other Goodies - August 2006 Organise fitting of ARB & Other Goodies - 2nd September 2006 Delivery of New Hilux with Goodies - 2nd September 2006 Break Goodies - 3rd September 2006 Use Angle Grinder to Modify New Goodies - 4th July 2007 BEND ARB rear protection bar (Big Rocks) - 31st July 2007 Notice cracked welds in the ute tub. TWIST!! - September 2007 Bend Alloy Side Steps - Feb 2008 Install steel side steps - March 2008 Bend Steel steps & Punture Diff Lock Air Line

Hey Brett, the equaliser is not really needed to snatch a Paj. Mitsubishi did a heap of tests bogging and repeatedly snatching an NM/NP model Paj to disprove the rumour. There was a lot of talk about windscreens popping out etc but Mitsi actually did the tests to prove the strength of the chassis. A lot of talk went around the Pajero Club site on this matter. The Newer Pajero's have traction control as standard now too Snappa, gets you most places you will need to go.

Cheers and Beers
    Scott
    "Mystique" Haines Signature 580BR with 175 of Mr Suzuki's finest ponies

Thanks for the info Scott, my inlaw will be happy to hear that.

Just saw his new one, he bought it while we were away. The full tilt Exceed and it does go offroad!

Brett

May 2006 Order New Hilux - June 2006 Order ARB & Other Goodies - August 2006 Organise fitting of ARB & Other Goodies - 2nd September 2006 Delivery of New Hilux with Goodies - 2nd September 2006 Break Goodies - 3rd September 2006 Use Angle Grinder to Modify New Goodies - 4th July 2007 BEND ARB rear protection bar (Big Rocks) - 31st July 2007 Notice cracked welds in the ute tub. TWIST!! - September 2007 Bend Alloy Side Steps - Feb 2008 Install steel side steps - March 2008 Bend Steel steps & Punture Diff Lock Air Line

hey pete
    the new pajero's come out with optional factory locker's
    might be time for an upgrade

Daniel

dan....

did u ever come out fishing with me some time back... can't remember
    "whats the time"

Scott ,traction control is hopeless in the sand while towing. We watched a pajero get hopelessly bogged trying to get over indian with his traction control on. As soon as one wheel started getting grip and the car begun to move the power went to another wheel and it lost all momentum and went down. ( it was also hooked upto a cruiser and still went down) They turnt off the TC and she got threw.
    Look on the bright side pete, if you have heaps of drama's the tv crew wont be far away to capture it all on film.
    The track this year was in much better condition then many of the previous years pete. So go expecting the condition of the crossing to be much worse.
    Cars, boats and trailers can cop a real flogging getting to and from Waddy, its hard on all your gear and breakages are all to common.
    The bigger vehicles like the cruisers and patrols deffently seem to handle the towing better over indian and lets face it, the pajero's struggle, but if you go prepared and use common sense (which many times seems to be lacking) im sure youll get threw and have a great holiday ...foxy

Foxy, you cant turn off the traction control on the Pajero. Its actually the ASC (stability control) that does the damage in the sand and as you rightly pointed out they will bog themselves very quickly iff it is not turned off. Its a shame Mitsubishi dont bother to tell people that when they buy the cars. I couldnt agree more re the common sense factor, the best car in the world is useless with the worst driver at the wheel, use your brain not your ego!

Cheers and Beers
    Scott
    "Mystique" Haines Signature 580BR with 175 of Mr Suzuki's finest ponies

U can turn off the traction controll/ASC. Its all controled by the ABS computer. Just pull out the ABS fuse.