Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Ausfish Stickers On Boats

imported_admin

Re: Do you have Ausfish stickers on your boat?

I often put a free small AUSFISH.COM.AU sticker in if I have some cut at the time, as I did with 4Reel's purchase, see pic in above post. If I don't have any cut at the time I just stamp the instructions stamp on the stickers.

Wild_One

They look like there pretty good stickers lads! I'm going to get a few!

Got any glow in the dark ones ? I often fish at night.

Mate I bought 2 sets for a cost of $50 but when I went to apply the first set I stuffed them up, I didn't want to go the 2nd set until I figured out how to apply. I don't want to stuff it again. Any helpful hints?

imported_admin

Hi

Don't have any order from your E-mail address or IP address, can you tell me the Customer/Shopper ID number?
    It will be a number like Ausfish143123

An order for 2 sets does not cost $50.00, it is $35.75 including postage and GST.

No trick to putting them on, as you can see by the previous posts and photos. Main thing is to follow the instructions and don't be in a hurry.

Instructions are at - http://www.ausfish.com.au/stickers/apply.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish
    Hi

Main thing is to follow the instructions and don't be in a hurry.
    otherwise you end up with 'toungeless' and 'finless' fish...
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan

Hi

Don't have any order from your E-mail address or IP address, can you tell me the Customer/Shopper ID number?
    It will be a number like Ausfish143123

An order for 2 sets does not cost $50.00, it is $35.75 including postage and GST.

No trick to putting them on, as you can see by the previous posts and photos. Main thing is to follow the instructions and don't be in a hurry.

Instructions are at - http://www.ausfish.com.au/stickers/apply.shtml
    Hey Admin thanks for your reply.
    I placed an order from my home computer tax invoice 00100537 sales person Steve Brown $37.40 on 2/6/6. THe wife says no ID# on invoice.
    Sorry about quoting $50 but I was just quessing.
    At least I buggered up the tuna but saved the ausfish!
    And mate I read the instruction about 50 times but got confused.

Stu

Could you give me an idea of where it went wrong for you.

Which part of the instructions did you have trouble with?

Application instructions at #http://www.ausfish.com.au/stickers/apply.shtml

Hi Admin - me again on about the stickers - at the risk of you thinking I am a absolute goose here are my problems:
    [i]The front layer is application tape, middle layer being the sticker/vinyl [/i]and the back layer is a waxed paper. - Which is which? I got half on one side and half on the other side?

Peel the waxed paper away from the application tape and sticker making sure that all parts of the sticker remain on the application tape.
    How do I do this? I got little blue bits everywhere. >

Are the stickers suppose to be in many little pieces or one piece?

Just for the record I am trying to apply them to a glass hull.

imported_admin

Thanks for the info, this is exqactly the sort of thing I was looking for. Have sold and given away thousands of the stickers over teh years and this is the first time someone has given me this exact info. Thank you.

It is a very easy thing to do for me as I know how to do it and have done it many times so I often don't realise that I may not have explained sections too well. Once you do it you will no doubt see that it is a lot easier to do than explain.

I have made some changes to the page.

First section you mentioned now reads

When you receive your stickers you will notice they are in a sandwich style. The front layer is application tape (see through paper/tape), middle layer being the sticker/vinyl and the back layer is a waxed paper (thicker non see through paper) often has Multifix printed over it.

Second section you mentioned now reads

Applying the sticker-

Lay the sticker on a flat surface so that the application tape is facing down, then peel the waxed paper away from the application tape and sticker starting at the head end of the sticker. Making sure that all parts of the sticker remain on the application tape.

Note - The application tape may not be stuck to the sticker as well as when it was first applied due to heat, transport, etc. It is best to lay the sticker on a flat surface with the application tape facing up and wipe over the sticker firmly with a credit card or similar card. This will ensure the sticker sticks to the applicatrion tape. If at anytime while removing the waxed paper the sticker does not stay on the application tape just lay the layers together in that area and apply some pressure to help the sticker stick to the application tape then try again.

Do not throw away the waxed paper you will need this later.

What do you think?

marlinqld

Steve

I was taught years ago to spray a light mixture of soapy water on the surface, This allowed the sticker to be moved into position and squeegeed with a credit card to get the air bubbles out.

The stcker stayed in place, everything dried, sticker stuck beautifully..... soapy water never affected the long term sticking ability of the sticker

Does this apply to yours?

Mike

Cruize...just take your time and do not rush it..they really are quite simple...I have 3 on my tinnie and one on the glass boat (don't ask why only one on the glass boat)..no difference in affixing them on either surface.

the funny thing is..other than at a M&G I have yet to see another boat on the water with them on.

imported_admin

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin_Mike
    Steve

I was taught years ago to spray a light mixture of soapy water on the surface, This allowed the sticker to be moved into position and squeegeed with a credit card to get the air bubbles out.

The stcker stayed in place, everything dried, sticker stuck beautifully..... soapy water never affected the long term sticking ability of the sticker

Does this apply to yours?

Mike

Yep, is explained in the instructiuons - http://www.ausfish.com.au/stickers/apply.shtml

You should only use two or three drops of detergent though in 500ml of water.

I have a set on my boat, bought them so I would be recognised at a 1770 M&G a couple of years back.

Always welcome to come and say hi, thats one reason they are there.

eg. I am involved with a 'Mini' club (Sunshine Coast), and saw a bloke on the side of the road broken down but he had the clubs sticker on his window. Stopped, and had a chat. He also gave me a memo for the local Mini club (I have recently moved back to Gladstone).

Thanks for the info, this is exqactly the sort of thing I was looking for. Have sold and given away thousands of the stickers over teh years and this is the first time someone has given me this exact info. Thank you.

It is a very easy thing to do for me as I know how to do it and have done it many times so I often don't realise that I may not have explained sections too well. Once you do it you will no doubt see that it is a lot easier to do than explain.

I have made some changes to the page.

First section you mentioned now reads

When you receive your stickers you will notice they are in a sandwich style. The front layer is application tape (see through paper/tape), middle layer being the sticker/vinyl and the back layer is a waxed paper (thicker non see through paper) often has Multifix printed over it.

Second section you mentioned now reads

Applying the sticker-

Lay the sticker on a flat surface so that the application tape is facing down, then peel the waxed paper away from the application tape and sticker starting at the head end of the sticker. Making sure that all parts of the sticker remain on the application tape.

Note - The application tape may not be stuck to the sticker as well as when it was first applied due to heat, transport, etc. It is best to lay the sticker on a flat surface with the application tape facing up and wipe over the sticker firmly with a credit card or similar card. This will ensure the sticker sticks to the applicatrion tape. If at anytime while removing the waxed paper the sticker does not stay on the application tape just lay the layers together in that area and apply some pressure to help the sticker stick to the application tape then try again.

Do not throw away the waxed paper you will need this later.

What do you think?

Admin
    Thanks - I thought you might throw me off the site for being so dump! But you got the drift. That makes it clearer - I understand now and will let you now how it goes after I manage to stick em to the hull.