Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Omens & Uppercuts.

Re: Omens & Uppercuts.

Quote Originally Posted by rob tranter View Post
    I think I've missed something here
    Wheres the thread on the boating problems your having Phil?
    Rob
    You just haven't known him long enough.

I cannot believe the " It's only 2 foot deep " line worked on someone over the age off 25 . It's usually effective only on young guys full of beer , rum and ... driving hi- lux's. The other line that works a treat on the young fella's is yep drove that track this morning in that , "pointing to my standardish patrol "and made it but you have to know what your doing on the last bit!!!! Red rag to a bull , gets them every time then all you do its sit back and watch the fire works.

Ian

Ps. seen that scout compete many times, goes very hard
    Last edited by finding_time; 29-05-2007 at 05:29 PM.

Next time you attempt something like this it is a good idea to have a snorkel and also it pays to hook your strap up first and leave it inside the car so when you get stuck you can pass it out the window for a quick recovery,i still bet you had fun.

No mud at Ormeau.... haha that navara of yours got lockers in it yet Phil?

Quote Originally Posted by bastard View Post
    Next time you attempt something like this it is a good idea to have a snorkel and also it pays to hook your strap up first and leave it inside the car so when you get stuck you can pass it out the window for a quick recovery,i still bet you had fun.

I saw a Landcruiser ute today which had a mount on the back with an outboard motor fitted onto it. Had no clue why but after reading your omen story Phill I can see some potential for mounting an outboard on the back of the Nissan. Sorry to hear of your demise. I am thinking the experience may just slow you down a bit? Lol

Poodroo

Are there any videos

Quote Originally Posted by Poodroo View Post
    I saw a Landcruiser ute today which had a mount on the back with an outboard motor fitted onto it. Had no clue why but after reading your omen story Phill I can see some potential for mounting an outboard on the back of the Nissan. Sorry to hear of your demise. I am thinking the experience may just slow you down a bit? Lol

Poodroo
    Thankyou poodroo,for the last 3 days ive been fighting with the wife and fighting with the boss,and you are the first person to make me laugh my guts out.I really needed that.

Quote Originally Posted by bastard View Post
    Thankyou poodroo,for the last 3 days ive been fighting with the wife and fighting with the boss,and you are the first person to make me laugh my guts out.I really needed that.
    Lol You're welcome bastard. I feel kind of funny calling someone that. Almost ended up in a fist fight the last time I called someone that name. I noticed we live in the same suburb too. That could have been you I heard laughing maybe?

Poodroo

So far so good.

Nissan has been started with minor implications. Had 3 complete engine oil changes, diffs, gearbox, etc etc. All electrics appear to be back to normal ( I hear ya Kev ). Snorkel being fitted Friday, new rear suspension Thursday. The floor coverings are staying out for a week or so to completely dry out.

As for other stuff like remote central locking, spotties, speakers, air horns etc, I haven't tested them yet, but will do Friday or over the weekend.

IAN, I know it is probably funny, but why would anyone seriously tell someone to do something, full well knowing that it could end in tears and big $'s. After speaking to a few 4 x 4'ers, it appears that this is the mentality of some of the " genre '.

I accept full responsibility for my actions and am still giving myself uppercuts, but I still can't come to terms with the intent of the clown that convinced me the water was 2ft deep. OK, it has taught me a lesson, expensive one at that. I know that next time I see a feret like this and he is talking the talk, I'll jump in his 4 x 4 and put it to the test. I can get into enough trouble by myself, I don't need a VI to assist me.

I haven't found any more tadpoles, which is a good thing

ROB, I haven't got lockers on the Nissan and don't see a need for them atm. LSD's are fine.

BLAZE< No insurance claim on this. They don't insure against the #@#* head theory.

GREG.. No video.....

trophee.... Yes, rules are meant to be broken, just needs a suitable person to attempt it.

thedeckie.... thanks for going ' gentle ' on me. Onya FOS

I might have to get a VHF installed in the Nissan.

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Phil I know of successful insurance claims for this.
    Have you driven it yet as the clutch can be seriously affected as well with slop.
    Tip is that all serous 4bs have no floor coverings.

Talking Re: Omens & Uppercuts.

G'day Phil,

Get the brakes esp drums stripped and cleaned before you drive it, along with the clutch slave - That dam silt will chew them out in no time flat.

As soon as I read this I thought - Pig pens claim another one - but I was also one of those back when the pig pens was actually just a dam - (15 years ago). I'd never been there before and saw wheel tracks going in one side and out the other - thought I'd give it a go ('cause I had my first ever set of mudders) and spent the next six hours using a hilift jack with a snatch strap and a bit of chain trying to get it out again. It was a week day and there was no-one around - good fun. The drum brakes on the vehicle were stuffed by the time I got back to Brisbane.
    My very next trip to LCMP saw me pulling a new pajero out of the same dam, but this time we had to cut his seatbelts out to extend the snatch......his wife wasn't impressed with him at all.

Next trip to the park you'll be one of the blokes sitting on the tailgate sinking tinnies and just watching 'em go round the pig pens - cause you'll be able to have a little smile and the beer will taste even sweeter.

Good luck with the ute repairs mate, but judging from your last few trips I reckon you're just after an excuse to take it off the road and turn it into some exo caged crawling beast

C.J.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    So far so good.

IAN, I know it is probably funny, but why would anyone seriously tell someone to do something, full well knowing that it could end in tears and big $'s. After speaking to a few 4 x 4'ers, it appears that this is the mentality of some of the " genre '.

cheers Phill

Dont know phill, it's just something about LCMP that brings the worst out in people beer maybe , rum probably! i reckon every trip i go there you see some normally sane person do something totally rediculous to the 4x4 and not get away with it On our trips to the park the first day is a general attempt everything day, but by the second day if nothing broken or bent to much i'm more than content to go and watch other guys being silly.

It is amazing the sense of relief i feel wash over me when i drive out the gates and the vehicle is in one piece though

Ian

Yeah gotta agree with Ian.
    Its more commonly refered to as rockcrawler training fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Omens and Uppercuts !!

I surveyed the area and noted that all waterholes looked deep. Drove about a bit more and one fella tells me that the waterhole “ over there “ is only 2ft deep. “ are you sure ? “….. “ Yep , just been through it “.

i never come in here , but will have to start..

Phil, did you hide his body well??

big chance i would have been on the end of a hiding as well if it was me, too old, too slow. but i would have had a stern talk a goose that gave info like that just to be a smartarse..

hope it all ends well.
    Last edited by DR; 31-05-2007 at 03:28 PM.

;d ;d ;d ;d :-x :-x