Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: building my new off road camper

Re: building my new off road camper

I have just built my camper trailer and i think the draw bar is to short on shane trailer .U can't put a storage box on the front off it im not trying to put shane's trailer down or anything.I will put a few pics on here off it.cruza1988

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    Shano, what was the final weight of your trailer (without the tent), and where did you get the sides from. I've just started building myself a 7x4 trailer and wondering about the length of the axle as I'd like to use cruiser hubs too. Did you just tell the guys your trailer specs and they worked the length from there?
    Your help would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Wags
    final weight i estimated as about 300kgs i think! but the total weight now with tent on is exactly 720kg!
    i get my sheet metal guy to bend up the sides,front and rear, guards and light pannel if needed! also i get him to cut the floor to size ! for me i had the axle already! i can measure mine if you like! but when i make the trailers i measure the outside of the tub then add 100mm this gives you 50mm gap each side for the tyres! then once you have your wheels measure the off set!add this to the total you had, ring active fab tell them this is the overall measurment! they work it our from there!

Quote Originally Posted by cruza1988 View Post
    I have just built my camper trailer and i think the draw bar is to short on shane trailer .U can't put a storage box on the front off it im not trying to put shane's trailer down or anything.I will put a few pics on here off it.cruza1988
    thats cool cruza! i dont need to put a storage box on mine! as i have made the trailer tub longer! if you look at my drawing the 1800mm draw bar goes to under the tub! cleaver hey! lol so no need for ugly tool boxes on the front! basically i have made my trailer to the maximum to still be able to fit my top on! and it tows like a champion dont even know it is there!

it comes from many years making trailers, and knowing what i want that suited me! everything i need goes in the trailer! and let me tell ya we have it all! that is for the wife and 3 kids! and everything from hotwater system,bath,gene, shower toilet, etc etc you get the pic! all my poles fit beside the matress and any extra go in the trailer between my storage boxes!

this is a few pics of my camper trailer.I am only running 14 inch wheels on mine at the moment i might change them to bigger ones.It tows fine the way it is for were we go with it.It has boat that goes on top of it aswell .cruza

Shano, did you have your trailer powdercoated or painted?

i painted mine! 3 coats of super etch and 3 coats of hammer tone!
    i am currently doing some mods to it! i have purchased a gas oven with cook top and am fitting it in the tail gate! also making a stone guard for the draw bar! the front of the trailer is getting peppered from stones.

ok here are some pics of the mods i am doing to the kitchen! i am putting in a oven with 2 burner stove on top!

new offroad springs

stone guard

jerry can holders

draw bar stiffiner

telegraph track cape york!

How goods that

well done
    Cheers

Steven

cheers steve! it has everything that i wanted and needed! the perfetc set up for me!