Thread: with the threat of rising sea levels

Smile with the threat of rising sea levels

well it seems that tassie is doomed or at the very least the low lieing areas as the ice melts, the climatic changes and the seas warm up.
    I for one am sick of all the negitives to do with climate change so I thought I would do something positive for the envoiroment.
    So I currenly live about 45 meters above sea level so that will give me a few more years over the major populated area of my town, so in the next 100000years I will build firstly an ark type boat and a big wall to keep out the riffraff. But the major plus I can see is with warmer ocean currents and a new breed of fish to tassie, that being reef species and larger palargics. So with that in mind I have set out to find some suitable reefs, now I think man made is the way to go. In the main street we have the commonwealth bank, bricks and mortor and its supposed to be a solid instution so I thought I would put in for a grant to turn that into my first artifcial reef, think this is going to take a huge grant (looking foward to that one). On a cheaper scale which wont require the same funding is the local woolworth store with its in built burley supply and also be a larger building is about 5 meters lower so it will also be a better fishing reef sooner.
    So I ask you all to help me secure these funds (any thing over 10 mill will do) please send your letters of support to all members of parliment you can as this can only be seen as a good idea for preserving our fishing resources for the future.
    Caring about the future of our fish
    cheers
    blaze

Re: with the threat of rising sea levels

yep I live almost right at sea level and I guess that in about 500 years my house will be a reef as well

Pondering......

I wonder if I will still own my land once its underwater, then I can have exclusive rights to that snag.

Hmmm...

yep, that's something to think about! might even be able to setup a mooring to the roof.

think you guys need to think about raisong the funds/grants first. Every other green idea seems to get grants, surely thinking this far into the future of our fish stocks should be really worthy of some huge grants.
    All said with tongue in cheek and not foot in mouth
    cheers
    blaze

You could use a street directory as a fishing/reef guide

The biggest con job since Y2K..

that is why I have so much crap in my yard..already planning the reef it will become....okay okay..beats cleaning the place up.

hehehe and on that note, here,s an idea. Put four hydraulic elevates on each side of your house. Then sell the boat and just cast out the window. See! there,s always a bright side.

minno