Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard about QLD fishing licenses???

Anyone heard about QLD fishing licenses???

HI,

Had a phone call from a mate last night who supposedly had a friend pulled up by fisheries in the Pine River (North Bris) last weekend and were chatted about not having a fishing license. The friend promptly had to go off to BCF (I think) and purchase one for about $21, or so the story goes.

Does anyone have any info on this at all. I do believe in other states that fishing licenses or permits are required, but have heard nothing about QLD.

Cheers

Steve

Re: Anyone heard about QLD fishing licenses???

this is a croc mate. There is no saltwater fishing licence in Queensland. There is a SIP which applies for some of the stocked freshwater lakes.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

thats right, no fishing licence's applie in QLD.
    Regards,
    Les

Gday mate,
    Most definitely not. No licence is required for fishing in salt water in QLD , only freshwater dams.

Only in freshwater dams and $7 a week or $35 a year, under 18's are free.

What do you blokes think about a fishing licence being brought in up there like we do down here?

I've got nothing against obtaining one if it were law but what exactly is their purpose apart from revenue raising.

Has anyone any data on such implemented changes??? I am curious as to what happens when...........

Matt
    c'mon, take the bait....

Arrow Re: Anyone heard about QLD fishing licenses???

Hi all,
    the revenue from fishing licences in NSW were used to buy out the commercial fleet in Botany Bay...the fishing has improved immensely.....Moreton Bay would be an ideal place for a similar thing....i have no problem forking out $20 a year to improve rec fishing in my area as long as rec fishers have a say as to how the money is spent...

Agreed Boombah. The revenue is being well used.

http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/recr...ishing-fees-go

Ity wont be long.

Yep originaly the NSW salt licence was introduced to by out the pro's, now local clubs etc can apply to have some money to help put better ramps put in, or cleaning facilities etc etc, anything to do with helping out and making life a bit easier.
    The licnece is now $6.00/3 days-$12.00/1 month-$30.00/year-$75.00/3years and that covers fresh and salt
    Rob

Rob. It's not perfect but what is?
    They have closed quite a few estuaries which has put greater pressure on others e.g. ClydeRiver but this will be sorted out in time. I am happy to part with 30 chops a year as the results are very noticeable.

no license for Qld..they already get money from the rego we pay.

most probly nsw fisheries
    pete

Actually I am strongly opposed to fishing licences.

It wouldn’t worry people on this site - but what it does is stop people from starting fishing .. its just a hurdle to overcome for a beginner or occasional. In Qld 25% of the population go fishing - nationally its 19.8% and the lack of a licence is one of the reasons.

My strongest objection is that it’s a tax. Government gets general taxes to pay for facilities etc for the general population.

But private use pays their own way.

So that means we pay for Golf Club membership and green fees - because its private use

But we don’t pay fees to use the footpath, the park or other public places. To me fishing - the waterways are a public place and should not be taxed.

We already pay a fee included in boat registration - which increased last year to cover boat ramps. So we don’t need to pay more for ramp facilities.

My other major concern is that the money is squandered - committees and bureaucrats etc. In Qld we wont get much more than we already get now.

Fishing - the outdoors is a “public good” for you economists out there. Its not a private facility owned by the government and rented out - its not Suncorp stadium, its our outdoors and should not be taxed

In Germany the license system is used to almost ban fishing. They started with a simple licence Now you have to do a 20 hour course and pass an exam. Guess what that does to dad taking the kids out ? - doesn’t happen anymore

Gary