Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rod Building Weekend Round-Up

Re: Rod Building Weekend Round-Up

sounds like a good weekend was had by all,

mike

Sorry I missed it, but it was worth hanging around your place last night Pete to have a look at your Rod and the progress thusfar. Very nice!! I don't suppose anyone felt they were overdoing the sponsoring were they? Or did you rattle a coin in an empty cup to try get some help? However you did it, the wrap so far was worth it.!!

I am sure the knowledge shared will benefit many for a long time to come!

Scalem

Well what more can I say.
    It was really good to put names to faces (well mostly) and to be shown how to and how not to do various procedures in the art of build fishing rods.

Greg and Sue have to be especially thanked for opening their home to us and doing all the things that they did.

Stuart...mate I did not have the foggiest on most of the information you blah, blahed to us and skills you demonstrated to us. Your wit and sense of humor was pretty good as well

Dave...mate all you've done is left my mind blown away with some of the wraps. I can't get the one of the roses out of my mind (Phil...get stuffed. I know what your thinking )
    Roz and Phil...what champions for organising the day.

Owen and Sandy...It was so generous for you two to donating the lucky door prizes.
    It was better though just having a yarn.
    Owens software still leaves me mystified but one day. Ooh before I forget...that torch is the bees knees. What a ripper
    We nearly needed the o when the cook and I tried it last night.

Some may know I made a few little things to try on the day. Some worked some didn't well I went down into the dungeon and did a rehash of the lathe thingo. The picture of MkII is below. I hope it's got enough power Stuart. It's only 3hp.
    I really want to see Poo do some wrapping on it. I reckon Peter would have to be about 20 feet away to catch the rod with it

I learnt all about colours as well. Phil was fortunate enough to have a wrap done on his rod by me.
    If he cuts it off I'm going to cut him. .
    Any picture of the creation anyone??

I probably forgotten something to say but I'll say later.

What a ripper of a week-end.
    to everyone who made it so good.

PS my brother has sent me 2 e-mails already saying what he's going to do on a few rods. A monster is born.
    He also asked me to say ta to all.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

At one stage I was summoned to go else where and got Scott to finish my wrap, results in picture below.

phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Well it is Monday at 10.55 and we are at Eagle Farm at Aitken Welding, we did get as far as Gympie and had to turn around for Owens work. Maybe we should have left yesterday but be quite honest I would not have missed the rest of the day for anything.

Sue and Greg thank you so much for all you did over the week-end you both have hearts of gold and when we asked you up to visit we really did mean it. Hope to see you both in the near future.

Stu I learned so much from you and yes if I need help I know where to find you, but for now thank you so much for your help your patents and the colors stay, not girly at all.

Roz thank you for organising this event and putting an invitation out to use. Had such a great time over the two days and hope to be back next year.

Phil now what can I say thanks for the humor the help you gave Roz with organising this event and your entertainment for the week-end.

Dave thank you for spending the time and showing us cross wrapping, this is something that I am eager to try and think it will be on my first rod.

Scott you are amazing with all your gadgets, I really hope that we come down sometime soon and visit your wonder land, as Owen says he is not to proud to pinch someone good idea.

To all the Ausfish members who attended I have to say a big thanks to you all. With out such a good crew who all pitched in where possible to help others, to lend tools ect ect, it would not have been such a successfully week-end as it was. It was a pleasure to have meet you all and hope that we will meet up again soon.

Once we are home again I will edit I mean put some of the video and pics we have. Phil you can tell everyone your version of events and then the rest of us will tell the real story.

Thanks everyone.
    cheers
    sandyd

Quote Originally Posted by Great White View Post
    WOW what a top weekend, Thanks again to Greg & Sue for the use of their home as always Greg & Sue you put on a top event and I am still scratching my head how $5 per person could have paid for the BBQ, lollies and cakes plus beer plus the hire of tressel tables. Well it couldn't - so thanks again Greg & Sue for the funding of the short fall!

Thanks
    Peter
    Peter: I did not provide everything...some others provided the lollies, cakes and some of the beer and not to mention the rice salad...as for the funding...as long as those that participated enjoyed themselves then that is all that mattered.

Day 2 was mother's day and look at the appreciation you receive for cooking lunch..I know I am a lousy cook but come on girls..you did survive it.

Peter ( Great White) decided he wanted some fancy bloody wrap on his rod..that took care of Roz for the afternoon

Phill started on his rod..some weave on it...he had big plans for it...Phill stepped away to help someone out and next thing Scott has homed in on it..started doing his own design on Phil's rod..we are not sure if it looks like a totem pole or covered in pizza but one thing is certain...Phill is sure gunna look sweet when using it.

thanks to all that attended..all a great bunch of people and the boss has already agreed to have it here next time if required..I might even build one myself at that one.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    thanks to all that attended..all a great bunch of people and the boss has already agreed to have it here next time if required..I might even build one myself at that one.
    the way it is growing, you're going to have to hire a hall

Quote Originally Posted by DR View Post
    the way it is growing, you're going to have to hire a hall
    Roz kept the number limited to 15 for a couple of reasons....space and the main one is so that Stuart can spend some time with each person to help with their problems...if there was many more Stuart would be a jibbering mess from trying to keep up with it all (he may even be in that state after the weekend anyway)

pretty isn't it??
    Who said fluoro green and yellow doesn't work??
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

How cool was that?

Thanks to everyone who attended. I learned a lot.
    Dunno how I'm going to use all the rods I'll have to build to try out all the ideas though

Great to meet you all
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

What an awesome weekend.
    First off i would like to thank Greg & Sue for opening up their house and providing the hospitality to a bunch of strangers for the weekend.

Roz & Phill for organising the whole weekend.You can put me down for the next one.
    Stuie...What more can i say but a big THANKS MATE.Your tips and guidence throughout the weekend was second to none.

Dave..Those wraps and programme still have my mind spinning.

Owen & Sandy...Thanks for the prizes .

Graham...Thanks for the cork to finish my butt off.

All the other guys ...Great to meet you will catch up again soon.

Cheers Dazza

I am sorry to have missed the RBW but someone had to look after the 2 little ones and Pete has had me out chasing business and now that I have a little bit - it has to get done! Unfortunately - I do not has any Autocad drawing/Energy Assessing fairies floating around! or cooking fairies that would have been very handy for cooking the 4 course meal that we had on Sunday night!

Thanks to Roz for doing the wonderful wrap on Peter's rod - it really looks great!

I glad to hear that everyone had a great time!

Janine